Page 70 of 227 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast
Like Tree1342Likes

Thread: Season 40

Quote Originally Posted by herdo View Post
    Yeh apart from the moaning i like him lol. Hes the same 80 tokes a year kind of manager i am. Think his leagues are harder than mine though tbh! He has good ideas and decent perspective but as you say, the game is how it is!

Id be more tempted to spend more on tokens if i needed it. Right now what ive got is fine for the league and champs league but not for the cup, so id be buying players to win the cup and wouldnt see a great return for it!

On that note, round 2 of the cup today, away leg. Opponents slightly worse rating over all but with scouts and 1* subs so ill go 3(W)-2 dmc-3(W)-1-1 try sneak an away win or score draw hopefully good luck today people!

LOL! Yuup! But at the same time, you always find & need that kind of people. It would be awkward if everybody just praised and said "Well, sh*t happens but it's all fine"... Nothing and no game is "perfect", all of them have their flaws. I'´ve been playing an another game (ModerWar) for 3 years now and even that game isn't spotless, has it flaws like all other.

I spend Token on this game only "beacuse" I choose to. You know, instead of going out (drinking, partying and all that crap) I rather throw my money in a game that gives me pleasure and that I enjoy playing. Also, I could play FIFA 13 on my PS3 but it isn't the same

Good luck in the CUP! Go all in and attack your opponent on every flank and never play normal/defense. And you never know, you could make it through as I did last season. Just believe you can pull it of.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    GREAT... I'm really pissed off... When I consider signing the youth player, It turns out he plays a position I didn't need. A DMR/MR... never going to get in the team I'm afraid while O'Sullivan is around. I needed a MC or DC or DR more than anything else.

Oh yeah and for scouts, Yup a decent one finally appeared... Oh and guess what? He's a striker. I don't need a striker either...

My season just got worse.
    Hah, did you found a youngster at the TM or finally get your U21 player? ... I never buy or sign a U21, just taking the free one and placing him on the TM.

Haha, a ST? That's bad luck mate! Does he have a SA? Hmm, I feel for you. Been there myself (season 3). What will you do now, wait until it refreshes or try your luck at the TM?

Just had Džeko sent off for a deliberate handball in the league game against FC Kula! But hey, we won with 1-3 away
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    Hah, did you found a youngster at the TM or finally get your U21 player? ... I never buy or sign a U21, just taking the free one and placing him on the TM.

Haha, a ST? That's bad luck mate! Does he have a SA? Hmm, I feel for you. Been there myself (season 3). What will you do now, wait until it refreshes or try your luck at the TM?

Just had Džeko sent off for a deliberate handball in the league game against FC Kula! But hey, we won with 1-3 away
    Yeah I got young player 4*102 21T but he played MR/DMR and I didn't need that, I wanted a DEFENDER or a MC more than anything else, most of the players in the TM are 25+ no youngsters except for 1 young player that had a low market value so he is a crap trainer.

The scout striker is 25 year old 6*114 1v1 SA. but I don't need a striker yet for at least 2 more seasons. Be L20 when I start to look for a new ST when Papaleo has declined. Papaleo is 28 now and is 7*115 but soon will lose the race against time. I'm short on defence and I've only got 2 MC's that are both high-end 5* now. My main ML/AML is high-end 5* now as well and I'm struggling to find good quality players this season on the market, I can't imagine what it will be next season, because every season I promote there will be less teams above me on my server to sell to me.
    Ljepoje likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    LOL! Yuup! But at the same time, you always find & need that kind of people. It would be awkward if everybody just praised and said "Well, sh*t happens but it's all fine"... Nothing and no game is "perfect", all of them have their flaws. I'´ve been playing an another game (ModerWar) for 3 years now and even that game isn't spotless, has it flaws like all other.

I spend Token on this game only "beacuse" I choose to. You know, instead of going out (drinking, partying and all that crap) I rather throw my money in a game that gives me pleasure and that I enjoy playing. Also, I could play FIFA 13 on my PS3 but it isn't the same

Good luck in the CUP! Go all in and attack your opponent on every flank and never play normal/defense. And you never know, you could make it through as I did last season. Just believe you can pull it of.
    Very true and hes more tolerable than others, his moans are at least for the good of the game for everyone rather than the "i have better team, why dont i win" guys. Also regards my game, hes not that much better on field and hes playing narrow diamond, why not attack him hard down the flanks? Ive enough in the middle and defensively to keep his attack quiet! Ill let u know how it goes, thanks
    July Fourth likes this.

Apprentice
    My scoutlist update sucked again.. 2 decent 22 year olds, but one is a DC and the other A DC/DMC, and I already bought a DC/DMC scout at the beginning of the season, and I already had a 19 yo DC from last seasons youth and a 20 year old DC/DMC so buying the scout would mean benching a young, growing player.

Looking at my league competition, I might as well save the 50 tokens for next season, I just hope I dont get lazy farming offers just because I got a stack of tokens.
    Bermuda Triangle, started 26.2.2013
    standings/trophies (9 seasons, 7 promotions):
    League winner: 4
    Champions league winner: 2
    Cup winner: 2

What Level are you playing at now?

Lvl 2.

What are your ambitions?

Gonna do my best to top the League (two wins in first two rounds) and grab the CL trophy. Shame I tied the first CL game against a weaker opposition though.Dang it... As for the Cup -- well, idk, mostly neglecting it, since the schedule is busy enough I've got to rest some of my key players.

How many Tokens you got?

Almost none!

How much Money you got?

Slightly over 500K. Been busy on the transfer market as of late...

Who you buying/selling?

I've bought a 3* AML (and extremely happy about the guy btw), a 5* DR and DC. Contemplating buyig a good striker right now and maaaaybe will think about wingers and changing the scheme just for the hell of it... not sure yet. My bench is not that impressive, I'm not planning on selling anybody in the nearest future. Here's my team, what do you guys say?
    Season 40-team-s2.jpg
    Last edited by Beta_Librae; 05-08-2013 at 11:25 AM.

Addicted
    Been a busy 24 hours or so for Rhondda Rovers. Here are the highlights since the second leg of the preliminary cup game that I won 6-2 on aggregate.

Won 3-0 away in my first league game against PSM KAKASSAR with Arianto (2) and Ha (1, pen) the scorers. My youth ML got injured in his first appearance, so happy days, will be hoping to flog him soon.

Drew 0-0 in the CL against Chelskicherries despite being all over them. Gussago got injured but was instantly healed afterwards.

Won 3-2 away in a hard fought game against AC LaPili with Sutcu (1) and Steigelmann (2) the scorers, but was very close to conceding a late equaliser as they were one on one with my keeper. Thankfully he shot wide.

Steigelmann has gone drastically downhill for some bizarre reason, mainly getting 5's when he was getting 7's and 8's before. Even with two goals today, he only got a 6.

Ormeno has been flagged due to general crapness and that a 22yo Q54 MR with Dribbler SA has appeared on my scout list. Will await the end of my negotiations before signing him up tonight.

Cup game at 5.16pm today.

That's your update.
    Ljepoje likes this.
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta_Librae View Post
    What Level are you playing at now?

Lvl 2.

What are your ambitions?

Gonna do my best to top the League (two wins in first two rounds) and grab the CL trophy. Shame I tied the first CL game against a weaker opposition though.Dang it... As for the Cup -- well, idk, mostly neglecting it, since the schedule is busy enough I've got to rest some of my key players.

How many Tokens you got?

Almost none!

How much Money you got?

Slightly over 500K. Been busy on the transfer market as of late...

Who you buying/selling?

I've bought a 3* AML (and extremely happy about the guy btw), a 5* DR and DC. Contemplating buyig a good striker right now and maaaaybe will think about wingers and changing the scheme just for the hell of it... not sure yet. My bench is not that impressive, I'm not planning on selling anybody in the nearest future. Here's my team, what do you guys say?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Team S2.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	6291
    Id sell 2 of those MC's and the DC, replace your DL and both DMCs and get a ML and MR
    Last edited by herdo; 05-08-2013 at 11:43 AM.
    Beta_Librae likes this.

Perfect Tactics have sold Santi Cazorla after failing to get into the first team squad for the last few matches. He has been a backup for 3 seasons playing as a AML/AMC/AMR player and he has contributed a fair bit, however his partnership with Petersen was never a good one and they didn't play well together. Now at 5*, we won't be needing him now that Mata and Nascimento can play at AML

Season stats:
    Season 1- Appearances: 31, Goals: 20, Assists 4
    Season 2- Appearances: 21, Goals: 9, Assists: 5
    Season 3- Appearances: 8, Goals: 2, Assists: 5
    Total
    Appearances: 60, Goals: 31, Assists 14
    July Fourth and Ljepoje like this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    Perfect Tactics have sold Santi Cazorla after failing to get into the first team squad for the last few matches. He has been a backup for 3 seasons playing as a AML/AMC/AMR player and he has contributed a fair bit, however his partnership with Petersen was never a good one and they didn't play well together. Now at 5*, we won't be needing him now that Mata and Nascimento can play at AML

Season stats:
    Season 1- Appearances: 31, Goals: 20, Assists 4
    Season 2- Appearances: 21, Goals: 9, Assists: 5
    Season 3- Appearances: 8, Goals: 2, Assists: 5
    Total
    Appearances: 60, Goals: 31, Assists 14
    I suppose they are decent enough stats while he was playing for Perfect Tactics. Now it gives you room for anyone else that comes along.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*