Page 114 of 227 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 2263
Like Tree1342Likes

Thread: Season 40

Addicted
    Little update from our end again.

Following yesterday's shock league loss (which thankfully no one really took advantage of), it was time to get back on track against FC Rapid in the CL yesterday evening.

Rhondda Rovers started off well with an 11th minute goal from Sutcu. However, Adam Nicholls brought down the opponent in the box and conceded a penalty. He got booked for his troubles. Rodriguez scored the resulting spot kick. It looked like it would be one of those days. However, things picked up near the end of the second half, as a goal from Khutaj in the 41st minute put us back in the lead.

Following two subs in the 68th minute (Arianto and Ha on for Nicholls and Dos Santos), we managed to finish the match within 10 inutes. The returning german Steigelmann scored in the 71st minute, followed by two quick fire goals from Jorgensen in the 80th and 81st minute.

Final score - Rhondda Rovers 5 - 1 FC Rapid

Today's matches see Rhondda Rovers try and overturn a 1-0 deficit in the cup against LaBandita FC at 14.42, followed by the League match against Marko FC at 19.26. The cup match will be very difficult to overturn as I need to go out and attack, but the League match should be an easy win. However, Rhondda Rovers have already dropped unexpected points already this season and will be hoping for no repeats of that.

On the transfer front Rhondda Rovers completed the signing of Joao Raimondi, a 19yo Q44 GK signed for £8.7m (not bad considering his market value is £9.2m) and 2T from auction.

This officially ends Nicolas Giordano's 4 season stay with the club and is now currently on the transfer list.
    Ljepoje likes this.
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    Ah, what a shame! I strongly believed and thought you would win the return, especially with the latest improvements you did with your team. But at the same time, don't know anything about the opposition. Then again, a little unfair to play against teams a level or two higher then yourself.

Think the 3-2 and the 3-3 goals are a little way "down the road", and a clear indicator that he was "suppose" to get a equalizer or perhaps a win. This happens to me sometimes when I'm facing a weaker opponent, could get 2 or 3 goals just a minute after the other, just "like that". Engine fail, perhaps?

Then about the tactics, don't know which kind of orders you have set for the 4-2-2-2 but I try to play as "simple as I can", giving the players more or less choice and don't bother if they choose to play the ball short, long or through the middle/down the flanks. Then since he played with a three man defence, you could have done the same, just off with the DL-DR and in with a MC the last twenty or quarter. This is something that I'm considering of doing today.

About the predictions, you could have gone far or you could have been eliminated in the next stage (final-eight), but that's nothing you can predict. There are two "funny" teams in the CUP tournament, a russian and one from the caribbeans, both playing with weird formations and sometimes players out of positions - but they still managed to win and procced to the next round. Also there are some "unfair" draws, weaker playing against stronger and vice versa.

But don't know, I try to see the CUP as something fun. I don't play for the money neither (since the prize money are a joke), but rather for the challenge and treat.
    We were close to winning it... but it wasn't to be. I picked 4-2-2-2 as i needed to win, 2 ST and AML/AMR vs his 3DC and DMC. As expected, we were dominating but we gave the game away. Our opponents got very lucky...
    Ljepoje and PeterMeter like this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    RR Cup, 2nd leg - Perfect Tactics (1) 3-3 (2) Svalbard Rovers
    Perfect Tactics: 56.5, 4-2-2-2 hexagon
    Svalbard Rovers: 52.6, 3N-1-4-2

Svalbard Rovers win 5-4 on aggregate.

We drew the game 3-3 after going 3-1 up, this is a disappointing draw for us because we were poised to qualify. We were looking so good in the game but as per usual our opponents being a LUCKY CLUELESS NOOB, get into the next round. It was Blomqvist this time who threw away the match, giving away stupid free kicks which they scored from. Our opponents won't even make the final 8, I can guarantee that. I deserved to win this, but whatever. These things happen in T11 dont they... team gets knocked out by weaker team. I've been there before.

Goals: Blomqvist (34'), Petersen (48'), Skogsrud (57'), Nascimento (61'), Nistor (75', 77')

Blomqvist is pretty much like an Eastgate, a terrible player with a bad temper on the pitch. Gave away our lead and from there we just didn't really care. This pretty much confirms my suspicions on higher levels getting a slight advantage in winning, even if their team is weaker. Win bonus cranked up to maximum would be a lot higher than what I can set my win bonus to, thus, causing me to have a ****e game like just now and my opponents getting lucky in the cup, yet again.

My tactics were questionable...probably should have changed to the 4-5-1v however, Blomqvist would still have been there and Im sure he would have found a way to mess up. Also didn't need to change formation as we were playing very well with our 4-2-2-2 hexagon and they didn't really threaten.

But would we have won this RR cup? Maybe no,t but the way we were knocked out this time is just unbelievable and we would have done with the extra cash for sure.
    This sounds like your infamous Champions League exit from last season, where the opposition just got nothing but jammy goals all of the time. I'm sure had you been the same LEVEL as this team you would of thrashed them like you have done 75% or so in the league in the last 5 seasons.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    This sounds like your infamous Champions League exit from last season, where the opposition just got nothing but jammy goals all of the time. I'm sure had you been the same LEVEL as this team you would of thrashed them like you have done 75% or so in the league in the last 5 seasons.
    I guess it could be a blessing in disguise. Really need to focus on CL as it's difficult with 4 other scout buyers in there. Results havent gone our way when we needed it...

If i was the same level, I would easily have won it but it wasn't to be. Disappointing to go out like this, again out in the play off round to a weaker team. But we have an important game later so we must win it and not let it get to our heads.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

I guess it could be a blessing in disguise. Really need to focus on CL as it's difficult with 4 other scout buyers in there. Results havent gone our way when we needed it...

If i was the same level, I would easily have won it but it wasn't to be. Disappointing to go out like this, again out in the play off round to a weaker team. But we have an important game later so we must win it and not let it get to our heads.
    Well yeah... It's out the way and gone now. You wouldn't of minded if you lost against a stronger team, my opponents in the first round, red star are still in the competition and look like making the last 16. But league and cl are more important than anything else. Will be hard to generate that extra needed $ now.

Also... Videos going a little flat at the moment as well.
    PeterMeter likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Also... Videos going a little flat at the moment as well.
    I'm noticing that as well. Been struggling to get a good load of videos to boost my green packs recently.
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

How are you doing?

Not bad, not bad, thank you... But suspensions and injuries are killing me. My team sustains losses after virtually every game ffs. Am I doing something wrong? Or am I supposed to spend my tokens left right and center every day?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird Hewitt View Post
    I'm noticing that as well. Been struggling to get a good load of videos to boost my green packs recently.
    Since i cambe back to Italy,

0 videos
    0 rests videos
    0 free offers.

Ohi there is crysis here! even in videos!

We were close to winning it... but it wasn't to be. I picked 4-2-2-2 as i needed to win, 2 ST and AML/AMR vs his 3DC and DMC. As expected, we were dominating but we gave the game away. Our opponents got very lucky...

Yeah, you're probably right. But too bad that you didn't get through since you deserved to win. Then again we need to take into consideration the fact that you and @JulyFourth are disadvantaged in one way or other, playing against higher lvl teams etc. I would be pissed as fu*k.
    PeterMeter likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Addicted

should I make an offer? I guess at least he would be unique, I think there arent too much ST with Playmaker SA
    League: 1st - 1st - 3rd - 2nd - 2nd - 1st - 3rd - 1st - 3rd - 2nd
    CL: x - Ro16 - 2nd - Ro4 - Ro8 - 2nd - 2nd - Ro16 - 1st
    Cup: x - Ro8 - 1st - Playoffs - Preliminary - Qualifying - Preliminary - Playoffs - Qualifying - Ro8

███████████
    ███████████
    ███████████