Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Goalkeeper -> frustration

Angry Goalkeeper -> frustration

The high amount of frustrations deletes every reason to play this game. Honestly.I mean you can compare between the feature request & suggestions topic and all the people complaining here. It looks rediculous how useless suggestions are and how less the game develops. About development: It's nothing rare if a game doesn't develop at all, the thing which comes additionally is that the game develops backwards by erasing content. It's so sad that the "best" football manager game is slowly dying like a Grandpa in a retirement home, who ain't getting any visits. I could continue all day long... but nvm

So yesterday I defeated the leading team. Today I was playing against some abandoned [insert insult here] and my team was superior and even played like it. When I joined I was one goal ahead. With my joining he got two shots, which remain his total amount of shots on target, both scored, I lose. My goalkeeper is a guy with 93% and penalty skill. All the games this season he wasn't able to reach a score beyond 6.0. No save again. I see three options I can do:

1st: Buy a new goalkeeper.
    2nd: Play the rest of the season with that fool in goal cuz the game mechanics work the way that a new goalkeeper wouldn't change anything even if he had 5 million percent.
    3rd: Delete the game like all my other friends.

The player base is shrinking. I had a friend who played the game for years. He had over a thousand points in the association. Greedy Nordeus should rethink about the way they handle the game. I mean there are so many issues with this game, I feel no need to continue with a listing of everything here, other people did that for years now. Needed that, sorry folks...
    Grandef and Altiplano like this.
    FF Freiburg - Fußball-Freunde Freiburg Wiehre

Addicted
    Just buy another goalkeeper. He will never play good. From my experience, you can train your player however you want, if he is poor, he will play poor no matter what you do with him.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I believe that GK is a cosmetic part in the game but sometimes specific players don't fit in a team.
    As you didn't invest much in this player, buy and try some other.
    milpol likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Addicted
    Why cosmetic? If gk plays good, like get 8 often, then you concede less goals. If he gets often 6, then he is **** and you should replace him.
    What i hear from niko, that almost all parts in this game are cosmetic. If combined with khris -- then internal programing cosmetic things

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    I believe that GK is a cosmetic part in the game but sometimes specific players don't fit in a team.
    As you didn't invest much in this player, buy and try some other.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomu741 View Post
    Why cosmetic? If gk plays good, like get 8 often, then you concede less goals. If he gets often 6, then he is **** and you should replace him.
    What i hear from niko, that almost all parts in this game are cosmetic. If combined with khris -- then internal programing cosmetic things
    here I would say that there's a myth there, a old legend because it's dfficult to pay attention to a player that have a unique position, and that, is difficult to analyze the sense of his contribution in a way that, we can manage our team, in order to have Key player GK.

But, IMO... the same sensation we have with the Gk can be applied to the defense.... so, I believe thatthere's a sense there, and that, Gks, as a DC can be determinant if r well tested and used.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    here I would say that there's a myth there, a old legend because it's dfficult to pay attention to a player that have a unique position, and that, is difficult to analyze the sense of his contribution in a way that, we can manage our team, in order to have Key player GK.

But, IMO... the same sensation we have with the Gk can be applied to the defense.... so, I believe thatthere's a sense there, and that, Gks, as a DC can be determinant if r well tested and used.
    i never have problem with GK i just think GK is easiest way AI can blame a game being lost,i have seen a few times were DC player has been given bad revue by AM yet at same time been given MOM ???!!! just feel with a bit more imaginative programming by the DEV this anomaly could be removed or updated

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tomu741 View Post
    no, GK is a unique story.
    That's why I have gathered some here

https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...r-stories.html
    milpol and pjBS like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

I literally dominated every match this season regarding the stats, but always with a high amount of goals against me. The stats tell that he's not saving anything at all, so the oppent has a high shot efficiency. Definately my goalkeeper is the reason

Suprisingsly he had some bad matches last season, but oin the other hand saved many victories where I was the one who played worse but won somehow which even lead me to the CL final which I won... by my goalkeeper saving so many shots and even penalties during the shootout. Now I changed my formation which works so well, as i told here. The Goalkeeper, one defender, one midfielder and the striker are the only players still remaining in the first squad. But he's s*** now. -.-

My tendency goas towards the 3rd option. We face another probnlem with the game if we want to exchange the keeper. The transfer system is absolute garbage. There are so many points which have been highlighted by way too many here. It's a core mechanic which doesn't fit neither a fun aspect nor a realistig one, 'cause in the end we have a football manager game here and that can be easily forgotton... cause they fail in designing it as such (it rather feels like a gold mine than a football manager game). With deleting the negotiations we have not affordable option to get players other than waiting hours and hours just to get overbid by some long time player (who have a lot of tojens from teh time when it was possible to get 'em in exchange for watching videos) or some third world rich dude (more poor but the less rich got even mooooore money, world's falling apart). I can't spend days watching the screen for every four minutes. Stupid. The issue leads us to the transfer system, which is an even huger issue which I won't go much into detail here. Actually it is to easy to criticize it, which I thought woudn't be necessary, but the game stagnates in it's lack of... in it's lack.

So quitting seems the only way I can avoid frustration. I don't see a rational reason for continuing. But I loved the times playing football manager games when I was younger like OFM... and a single tear runs down my cheek... just kidding it's only a game. :P
    FF Freiburg - Fußball-Freunde Freiburg Wiehre

Apprentice
    if he play bad, sub him.. today in assoc match, i sub my GK with DC (because i forgot to bring my second GK lol), because my GK , he so freakin stupid , and wow.. my DC stop 3 shot (before sub stats said 1 save, after sub 4saves) , better than my GK, is there any option like convert position ? i want THAT DC become a GK lmao
    Easan S, pjBS and Glitza like this.

Apprentice
    I wouldn't be too upset about this, it just sounds like the game scripted for the current leaders to win the league or something. They just scripted you defeating them to give an illusion of competition. They'll have them win the league by 3-5 pts or something. I am the leader of my league this season and I defeated everyone except 2nd place right now, before me he drew and lost to 44%-68% teams but against me he can score 3 goals? lol. I haven't lost since then and he drew again- my point exactly. I'm obviously going to win the season they just didn't want me to dominate.
    Glitza likes this.
    The Warpstars - League Level 25 - Club Record: 746W - 120D - 146L
    Goals Scored: 3094 Goals Against: 863
    Club History
    11 League Trophies: 3,4,5,7,8,9,10,17,18,19,24 | 6 Runner-Up: 2,6,11,13,16, 20
    2 Cup Trophies: 5,7 | 4 Runner-Up: 10,17,19,24
    0 Super League Trophies: | 0 Runner-Up:
    3 Champion's League Trophies: 2,10,22 | 4 Runner-Up: 8,12,19,24
    0 Triple Crowns:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast