Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Cup format changes to make it more fair. Does this title please you?????

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by magic3 View Post
    ok so no one is really answering your idea so I will.. I like your idea. However, you wouldn't be able to change up your teams much throughout the season, right? You would have to keep at least 14 players the same but a lot of people buy/sell. Nordeus would lose money that way.

It would end up being similar to Champions League in real life. You buy a scout and he would be 'cup tied', meaning, not eligible to play in cups.
    My point exactly. what is fair for the manager in this game is unfair for Nordeus, therefore, it will never happen. God forbid Nordeus does something that is actually good for the managers.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    OK. Then what would happen, if you had a squad of 18 players at the start of the cup competition, but wanted to buy 5 players to strengthen your LEAGUE team, without increasing the size of the squad. You would have to release 5 of your cup squad to make way for the newcomers, which would then leave you with only 13 players for the cup.
    You DONT strengthen your team. this brings in an aspect of team management for 3 competitions. You have to make sure the players you buy are the ones you want for the season.

It also almost forces a manager to have a full squad of 22 players. As long as you have 14 players that are available for the cup, that still gives you 8 players you can upgrade for the other competitions.

It is a small hit for Nordeus in their token suckage, but it will increase your management skills and make the cup competition much more fair and enjoyable.

for **** sakes, make it a ****ing challenge for Tommy token. you can buy a whole ****in squad of scouts and PT them and you can win it all. Put a ****ing handicap and make it a challenge. Its not ****ing rocket science here. Its a change for the greater good.

Banned
    So are you saying that nobody should be allowed to improve their teams, just to give you a chance. You have the same chance as them to improve your own team.
    Dude, that is not what I am saying. I am saying make the cup so that you have players who are cup tied. You can improve your team with as many players as you want, but they wont be eligible for the cup. You can view that as not allowing to improve the team, but it is putting some restrictions to make the cup more fair.

And you make it sound like this is just for me. I think even Tommy token would like this because from what I see, they are getting raped just as bad by higher level Tommy tokens.

So what you are saying is you buy tokens so games are not fair for anyone you play against. You want the "unfair" advantage because you cant win otherwise?

I see a fault with the current format and I come up with ways to improve it for EVERYONE.

And all I am going to hear is complaining from Tommy token because then they cant field a team of 22 scouts and then sell them 10 times over during the season. Wahhhhhhhh. Like someone said already, you wont find a format that pleases everyone, but you can find a format that pleases MOST of the managers. I think mine does that.

how this game looks for me at this moment - ****3D UP !
    July Fourth likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ro Edu View Post
    how this game looks for me at this moment - ****3D UP !
    WOW! Thanks for adding some value to this thread.

Pro
    You have the same chance as them to improve your own team.
    That's where you are wrong and the problem is. You don't have the same chance when you meet someone from a higher level. He has access to better players. Look, there are a ton of teams better than me that are on the same level. Ljepoje for example. And if I meet them and they beat me so be it but when someone from a higher level buys 5, 10, 15 Q better player than the game even offers me, that sucks.
    cracicot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by magic3 View Post
    That's where you are wrong and the problem is. You don't have the same chance when you meet someone from a higher level. He has access to better players. Look, there are a ton of teams better than me that are on the same level. Ljepoje for example. And if I meet them and they beat me so be it but when someone from a higher level buys 5, 10, 15 Q better player than the game even offers me, that sucks.
    Sure, a higher level player has the opportunity to buy better players, but that doesn't mean that they will, Likewise, the same thing could happen if you are on same level.

The season before last, I was one of only 6 players from level 9, against 122 other teams from levels 10-12. I made it to the semi-final, (after beating another lvl 9 team in the quarter-final), before getting beat. In the 4 rounds before that I beat 3 level 10 teams and 1 level 12 team to get there, all of whom were higher quality than myself. So although most of the teams had a greater advantage over myself, I managed to win through with wise transfer moves and tactical play.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Banned
    Sure, a higher level player has the opportunity to buy better players, but that doesn't mean that they will, Likewise, the same thing could happen if you are on same level.

The season before last, I was one of only 6 players from level 9, against 122 other teams from levels 10-12. I made it to the semi-final, (after beating another lvl 9 team in the quarter-final), before getting beat. In the 4 rounds before that I beat 3 level 10 teams and 1 level 12 team to get there, all of whom were higher quality than myself. So although most of the teams had a greater advantage over myself, I managed to win through with wise transfer moves and tactical play.
    A great story of one player. Now what about the other thousands of managers not so lucky? Nice, it worked for you so screw the rest??? That is what I hear from some of the people posting. "it works for me so why change it?" Who the hell cares if it is better for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    A great story of one player. Now what about the other thousands of managers not so lucky? Nice, it worked for you so screw the rest??? That is what I hear from some of the people posting. "it works for me so why change it?" Who the hell cares if it is better for everyone.
    So what you're saying is, you don't care whether others like it or not (see the other post about this), "Who the hell cares if it is better for everyone", well, obviously more people like the current format, than don't.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Banned
    So what you're saying is, you don't care whether others like it or not (see the other post about this), "Who the hell cares if it is better for everyone", well, obviously more people like the current format, than don't.
    Is it obvious? And just because some people like the current format doesnt mean it is good. some people liked the old format.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast