Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Cup format changes to make it more fair. Does this title please you?????

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lutezia78 View Post
    The current CUP format sucks because it isn't fair at all. I played the old format for 10 seasons and with each higher manager level I reached one more CUP round and got more experience.
    For me the CUP was a contest to increase young players. In each level I had the ambition to win the contest. But with the new format I couldn't care less because the CUP is mostly over in round 2.
    For me the CUP sucks ....
    I agree. I won the cup in my 2nd season, the season before the big change to the new format and I only bought one scout the whole season, DC/DR.

Now I dont make it past first round and I win the league and CL, so I dont have a **** team. the 2 seasons I have been in this new format, both times the opponent bought half a team of scouts and absolutely raped me.

A collective brainfart at Nordeus brings you this new cup format.

Pro
    ok so no one is really answering your idea so I will.. I like your idea. However, you wouldn't be able to change up your teams much throughout the season, right? You would have to keep at least 14 players the same but a lot of people buy/sell. Nordeus would lose money that way.

It would end up being similar to Champions League in real life. You buy a scout and he would be 'cup tied', meaning, not eligible to play in cups.

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    I agree. I won the cup in my 2nd season, the season before the big change to the new format and I only bought one scout the whole season, DC/DR.

Now I dont make it past first round and I win the league and CL, so I dont have a **** team. the 2 seasons I have been in this new format, both times the opponent bought half a team of scouts and absolutely raped me.

A collective brainfart at Nordeus brings you this new cup format.
    I have a good team either, but let's face it, we won't win against a scout team. In my opinon there should be scout player restriction that would make the game fair but this will never happen. ;-)

What some of you are saying about having a cap on improving your teams, just for the sake of the cup, wouldn't work. How would teams be able to improve their LEAGUE chances, if they were restricted by the cup regulations?
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    What some of you are saying about having a cap on improving your teams, just for the sake of the cup, wouldn't work. How would teams be able to improve their LEAGUE chances, if they were restricted by the cup regulations?
    the restriction would apply only to cup not other competitions. It would be like cup tied players in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by magic3 View Post
    the restriction would apply only to cup not other competitions. It would be like cup tied players in real life.
    OK. Then what would happen, if you had a squad of 18 players at the start of the cup competition, but wanted to buy 5 players to strengthen your LEAGUE team, without increasing the size of the squad. You would have to release 5 of your cup squad to make way for the newcomers, which would then leave you with only 13 players for the cup.
    LONDON CITY

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    OK. Then what would happen, if you had a squad of 18 players at the start of the cup competition, but wanted to buy 5 players to strengthen your LEAGUE team, without increasing the size of the squad. You would have to release 5 of your cup squad to make way for the newcomers, which would then leave you with only 13 players for the cup.
    Yes, I raised that concern in my post on 11:21

Totally agree with you, cracicot.I played in the cup against level 3(2 for me) and the guy had also 4 scouts.How the **** is this fair?!? Cup format changes to make it more fair.  Does this title please you?????-cupmatch1.jpgCup format changes to make it more fair.  Does this title please you?????-cupmatch2.jpg

To be honest, I don't think there is a solution to the format that would please everyone. The old way, low level players were at a huge disadvantage and had no real chance against experienced players.

With the new system, at least everyone has a chance of progressing, even if its only a slim one. Even if the cup was a level based competition, it still wouldn't stop people who want to spend loads of tokens, from increasing their quality to gain the upper hand.

Scenario: What is best? Level 5 player with good team verses level 7 who doesn't spend a lot of tokens, and the respective qualities are almost level, or, two level 5 teams but one manager spends many tokens to improve their team and become 6-7 quality better from the start?
    LONDON CITY

Quote Originally Posted by Otelul Galati83 View Post
    Totally agree with you, cracicot.I played in the cup against level 3(2 for me) and the guy had also 4 scouts.How the **** is this fair?!? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cupmatch1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	6273Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cupmatch2.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	6274
    So are you saying that nobody should be allowed to improve their teams, just to give you a chance. You have the same chance as them to improve your own team.
    LONDON CITY

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast