Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Star player losing form

Star player losing form

What did you guys do when your star player suddenly playing badly after 2-3 matches. I have a star player (AMR position) who scored rating like 9-10-10-9-10 in first half of the season. He also scored 45 goals to date. Suddenly goals & assist been dry for the last 2-3 match. And getting less FK (he's also got FK SA). Any tips on how to get this player back in form. Thanks in advance

train hard, play smart

I have experienced a similar sort of thing way back in the past, where a player, an MR/AMR with free kick special ability was scoring in every free-kick or so from the highlights. Later that season, he was struggling to score free-kicks as if he changed his foot.

I noticed other similarities too in other cases, and yes, they became like dry. They felt like heavy and lost their talent.
    Last edited by Tactician; 09-30-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Famous
    Bench him or train him some more... or play a friendly against a much weaker team to get his form back

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by maloukees View Post
    Bench him or train him some more... or play a friendly against a much weaker team to get his form back
    I didn't throw mine in the benche because lucky he traded goals to assists but i did as maloukees sai, a couple of friendlys to get him back on track (with the event its hard to tell but since yesterday he's scoring like crazy and i have won all the event games (one oponent left)

But its nice to know its not me and others have expirienced the same, anybody has any other sugestions, that dry last year cost me two competitions as my last days in the season were ver bad

Quote Originally Posted by NUNO FC View Post
    I didn't throw mine in the benche because lucky he traded goals to assists but i did as maloukees sai, a couple of friendlys to get him back on track (with the event its hard to tell but since yesterday he's scoring like crazy and i have won all the event games (one oponent left)

But its nice to know its not me and others have expirienced the same, anybody has any other sugestions, that dry last year cost me two competitions as my last days in the season were ver bad
    I just drop players if they do not deliver after some matches unless I do not have a decent player as alternative, but then I will be in the market to look for one and maybe even a replacement. I dropped my fast training DC with Aerial Defender special ability this season, and I even prefered playing a lower quality but better performing DC that provide solidity at times in the past. The same was done to the GK I bought from the daily recommended list. The DC of course still has a future in the team if he improves later. I also sold another DC, same fast trainer with same special ability this season for the same reasons. He was bought last season, was a first team player, but I rarely felt his presence (except in 1-2 matches) and he was finally sold to make place for other players after being judged by me to be the worst central defender in the team performance-wise. I like players that perform well and are consistent. Form is something but there are players that may get a 9 once a while but in most matches, they get 6 or 7s. Those players are undesirable. Better have players that will give an 8 in every match or so.
    Last edited by Tactician; 09-30-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by king7eric View Post
    What did you guys do when your star player suddenly playing badly after 2-3 matches. I have a star player (AMR position) who scored rating like 9-10-10-9-10 in first half of the season. He also scored 45 goals to date. Suddenly goals & assist been dry for the last 2-3 match. And getting less FK (he's also got FK SA). Any tips on how to get this player back in form. Thanks in advance

train hard, play smart
    For curiosity, did this happened after a new player signing? or you still having same team and this was all of sudden?

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I would keep using him (unless you have another same quality player) but not use him for f-k and penalties.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    For curiosity, did this happened after a new player signing? or you still having same team and this was all of sudden?
    Suppose that a new player was bought and signed, even if the new player does not have any same positions with the affected player, what do you suggest, to sell him or sell someone else? This is negative playing. I understand that there is this possibility of a reshuffle of hidden roles in a team after a new player is bought, but then if so, what, the user never buys a new player again in fear a bad reshuffle could happen? Negative playing again. This is a part in the game that needs improvement if ever there are such things.
    Last edited by Tactician; 09-30-2019 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    I would keep using him (unless you have another same quality player) but not use him for f-k and penalties.
    Yeah, better change instead of sticking and persisting with a proven old performer, but still keep him if he has potential to keep up with the quality as the team gets promoted, unless he proved that he is no longer good and is not a matter of form.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    Suppose that a new player was bought and signed, even if the new player does not have any same positions with the affected player, what do you suggest, to sell him? This is negative playing. I understand that there is this possibility of a reshuffle of hidden roles in a team after a new player is bought, but then if so, what, the user never buys a new player again in fear a bad reshuffle could happen? Negative playing again.
    A new player, with more contributive power, can change the Contributive Roles list that the game assign, and a new player, can eclipse another you have.
    This happened to me many times, or the same when I kept old players as reserves, that had by default a very contributive role, as they were key players that even with 3* where able to score... and, having these roles already covered -roles of contribution inside the team, which are limited to create realism- I couldnt buy a new ST and see him as key player or even high contributive. I needed to liberate space, -so free contribution spots/roles- till the game assigned, to a new ST the power I wanted for him.

All is calibrated by the engine, so, this happens.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast