Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Star player losing form

  1. #21
    Apprentice king7eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by NUNO FC View Post
    I didn't throw mine in the benche because lucky he traded goals to assists but i did as maloukees sai, a couple of friendlys to get him back on track (with the event its hard to tell but since yesterday he's scoring like crazy and i have won all the event games (one oponent left)

    But its nice to know its not me and others have expirienced the same, anybody has any other sugestions, that dry last year cost me two competitions as my last days in the season were ver bad
    Yea that what I've been trying to avoid. Been chasing a treble season after season but it all ended in heartbreak. First half of the season started very brightly for me. I'm leading the league currently with 8pts gap. But tough opponents await in Cup comp & champions league. That's where I feel the real challenge is. Need all player to perform like in the first two weeks.

    train hard, play smart

  2. #22
    Elite Tactician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by king7eric View Post
    Yea that what I've been trying to avoid. Been chasing a treble season after season but it all ended in heartbreak. First half of the season started very brightly for me. I'm leading the league currently with 8pts gap. But tough opponents await in Cup comp & champions league. That's where I feel the real challenge is. Need all player to perform like in the first two weeks.

    train hard, play smart
    If you can afford, just get another player to deputise for him, and maybe if you can, get someone that could be even his successor if you do not already have one in your team. Nothing much else you can do if you want a player to deliver good results right now, and which will save your season in the remaining competitions.
    king7eric likes this.

  3. #23
    Moderator dave1311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Northallerton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,940
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    For curiosity, did this happened after a new player signing? or you still having same team and this was all of sudden?
    This very scenario has happened to me. I bought a new GK from Scout list and suddenly my 8* AML cannot score (last 3 matches) yet he was hitting 1-2 per game prior to GK signing. Suddenly his ratings dropped too. Now he is only getting 8 ratings and not 9 or 10 as before.
    khris likes this.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 122
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

    1 Super Cup

    Top Eleven Forum Moderator

  4. #24
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    A new player, with more contributive power, can change the Contributive Roles list that the game assign, and a new player, can eclipse another you have.
    This happened to me many times, or the same when I kept old players as reserves, that had by default a very contributive role, as they were key players that even with 3* where able to score... and, having these roles already covered -roles of contribution inside the team, which are limited to create realism- I couldnt buy a new ST and see him as key player or even high contributive. I needed to liberate space, -so free contribution spots/roles- till the game assigned, to a new ST the power I wanted for him.

    All is calibrated by the engine, so, this happens.
    Khris, I understand what you are saying but I do not understand how you determined - or we can determine for our own teams - what "contributive roles” have been assigned to whom and what “contributive power” they each have. I believe you and I see it to be true on my own team with certain players playing better together than others. I like this idea a lot. But is there a way to tell other than observational hunch?

    There is so much room for better statistics for this game that would keep us all geeked out on it.
    khris likes this.

  5. #25
    Elite Tactician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1311 View Post
    This very scenario has happened to me. I bought a new GK from Scout list and suddenly my 8* AML cannot score (last 3 matches) yet he was hitting 1-2 per game prior to GK signing. Suddenly his ratings dropped too. Now he is only getting 8 ratings and not 9 or 10 as before.
    This is quit some ****, isn't it? You bought a GK from scout list to improve your team and suddenly it is your AML that takes the beating when there should be no relation between the two. Put your GK to take free kicks and corners; maybe he will assist and also score a lot.
    dave1311 likes this.

  6. #26
    Spanish Forum Moderator khris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    16,336
    Quote Originally Posted by julien12 View Post
    Khris, I understand what you are saying but I do not understand how you determined - or we can determine for our own teams - what "contributive roles” have been assigned to whom and what “contributive power” they each have. I believe you and I see it to be true on my own team with certain players playing better together than others. I like this idea a lot. But is there a way to tell other than observational hunch?

    There is so much room for better statistics for this game that would keep us all geeked out on it.
    The contributive power only can be known once you check out the team stats, so, once you see, who scores, who assist, once you do the job to find the FKs man and the Corners one, and once you spot who are the key players checking out the ratings. All, is about know your team, and yeah, test and observate is the key.

  7. #27
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    144
    Thanks for the reply Khris,

    The only problem with the observational approach is that performances can vary so widely across opponents depending on quality, formations and tactics. Did my AMR have a great day because the opponents DL was weak, or were they playing 3w at the back against my 2(AMR/AML)-2 front or did they attack when I was playing DEF with Counters ON? There are a lot of variables.

    Based on this thread I have gone back through many of my games to see if I could identify a common set of players that led to “abnormally good” outcomes. I then took that group of players and played the exact same 11 with the same formation and orders against a strong CUP opponent. 3-0 win one game where my AMR dominates, 2-0 win the second where he couldn't hit a wall but his teammates stepped up. Both good wins is good but I really can't work out who was contributing what.

  8. #28
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    A new player, with more contributive power, can change the Contributive Roles list that the game assign, and a new player, can eclipse another you have.
    This happened to me many times, or the same when I kept old players as reserves, that had by default a very contributive role, as they were key players that even with 3* where able to score... and, having these roles already covered -roles of contribution inside the team, which are limited to create realism- I couldnt buy a new ST and see him as key player or even high contributive. I needed to liberate space, -so free contribution spots/roles- till the game assigned, to a new ST the power I wanted for him.

    All is calibrated by the engine, so, this happens.
    So the best option is having a great eleven players and no bech? What do you think khris?

  9. #29
    Elite Tactician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by NUNO FC View Post
    So the best option is having a great eleven players and no bech? What do you think khris?
    Another example of negative playing, but I do not blame users for having such impressions and even attempting to fight what they been perceiving by playing negatively. It is the bad parts of this game itself that cause all this.

  10. #30
    Spanish Forum Moderator khris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    16,336
    Quote Originally Posted by julien12 View Post
    Thanks for the reply Khris,

    The only problem with the observational approach is that performances can vary so widely across opponents depending on quality, formations and tactics. Did my AMR have a great day because the opponents DL was weak, or were they playing 3w at the back against my 2(AMR/AML)-2 front or did they attack when I was playing DEF with Counters ON? There are a lot of variables.

    Based on this thread I have gone back through many of my games to see if I could identify a common set of players that led to “abnormally good” outcomes. I then took that group of players and played the exact same 11 with the same formation and orders against a strong CUP opponent. 3-0 win one game where my AMR dominates, 2-0 win the second where he couldn't hit a wall but his teammates stepped up. Both good wins is good but I really can't work out who was contributing what.
    Follow the signs.



    Star player losing form-stop.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123