Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Season 127 - Are you ready?

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDunk View Post
    Thanks , Max ! I really appreciate.
    If I were to listen to AAA advice and bench Suazo my golden boot would have been out of window since the 1st place s player scored 4 today .
    Good and glad for you to make the right call there when both top scorers were on fire. You took the minimal risk and got the maximum reward there.

Own experience was top ST in season 1 missed the cup final because of a 2nd yellow in the semi 2nd leg, so it haunts for quite some time. Wouldn’t wish that on anyone hence the suggestion.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

I had 7 players with 1 yellow for CL. Kept playing them in hope that they will get suspended before the matches get tough. Only managed to get 1 cleared so still 6 left with 1 more easy match remaining. Hard tackling didnt help either.

Seems like I might miss some key players for the semis and finals of CL
    Last edited by Sillybq; 01-24-2020 at 04:22 AM.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    I had 7 players with 1 yellow for CL. Kept playing them in hope that they will get suspended before the matches get tough. Only managed to get 1 cleared so still 6 left with 1 more easy match remaining. Hard tackling didnt help either.

Seems like I might miss some key players for the semis and finals of CL
    On this, we can think in a reversed way of what we usually do to our opponents to ‘take advantage’. In real life, players make those professional fouls in rugby-tackling or shirt-pulling an advancing opponent for the sake of the team getting back to shape.

So if you want to get a yellow card, maybe purposefully move players to cover some areas that they can’t possibly do it properly after half-time when you have secured a good lead. Eg. Use a MC with back arrow, instead of an usual DMC, to cover the opponent’s AMC, or pull the fullbacks forward when opponent wingers are in-line with ST. Obviously this can only be considered when we have a very good lead and would be fine with conceding a few goals.

Worth trying it out as it also test out how tough your defensive shape with the least number of defenders+MC could stand when you may need to go all-out attack to chase a goal in a final.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Won 4-2 in the cup game and i m in the final. Suazo with a hattrick.
    Managed to bench some important players, thus making me concede 2 goals but it s alright. I m not breaking my 21 goals conceded record anytime soon. I am on 19 right now/
    I m still around, LOL!

Season 127 - Are you ready?-2222.jpg
    Facing the guy on the right, thinking of using 3W-1-2MCs-3-1.
    And playing through the middle, thoughts?Only one of my wingers can play ML, the other can t , guessing it would be recommended to do so.
    Thoughts?
    I m still around, LOL!

Max
    Won 4-2 in the cup game and i m in the final. Suazo with a hattrick.
    Managed to bench some important players, thus making me concede 2 goals but it s alright. I m not breaking my 21 goals conceded record anytime soon. I am on 19 right now/
    In the final as well with a 4-1 win, I was in school so I could not see it, we conceded in the 89th minute , but it’s ok we won 7-3 on aggregate andI will let conceding that goal slide as they were stronger than us.

Sent from my iPhone using by pressing the Reply button.

Thanks a lot Max for the support.
    Just won 5-2 against him, 3-1-2-ML-AMC-AMR-ST.
    Sacrificed Suazo for the team but in the end it worked just perfectly.
    I need a draw against the 3rd place and I win the title.
    Still tied on the goalscoring part, but the I want the title more.
    Team is more important than the individual.

In the league I want at least a draw against the 3rd and Suazo goalscorer.
    In CL I m in finals already. 7-1 in CL quarters and the semis opponent can t compete with me.
    Only the finals in CL and cup will be troubling.

Max
    In the league I want at least a draw against the 3rd and Suazo goalscorer.
    In CL I m in finals already. 7-1 in CL quarters and the semis opponent can t compete with me.
    Only the finals in CL and cup will be troubling.
    I can imagine the rage from you if you lose back to back finals, I might lose back to back cup finals (well the last 2 I was in.)

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    I can imagine the rage from you if you lose back to back finals, I might lose back to back cup finals (well the last 2 I was in.)

Good luck.

Nah, 3 lost finals out of 4 would be the nail in the coffin and might quit for good. I won t take that.
    For now I might face 111 or 112 in the CL final and I am 117,5 with couple of mini mutants. I go small favorite but should see how my team improves in a week.

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast