Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Cup format changes to make it more fair. Does this title please you?????

Banned

Cool Cup format changes to make it more fair. Does this title please you?????

Ok.

Like many of the vets here, I have been thinking of the cup. i have been in 4 cups, which is peanuts compared to many of you, but I understand both formats now.

If you have the cup based on quality, which is the current format, you play against higher levels, who can easily buy scouts and wipe you off the map. We know this and we see this happen and is very unfair. Of course, not all higher level managers buy the scouts or increase the quality of their team to win the cup, but that is besides the point. The point is that they can and there is nothing to stop this.

If you have the cup based on manager level, the old format, you play against your own level, and of course, other managers who can buy scouts....BUT, the level of scouts is the same level you can buy, which is more fair.

Do I have the argument correct so far?

So it seems the old format is MORE fair than the new, current format.

Can you make the new format more fair for all? Yes, but it takes some programming knowledge on the part of Nordeus, and that is the problem because they dont see to want to improve this game further. Sure we get new tshirts and emblems, **** we dont need, but we dont get game improvements or at least assurance that improvements on items that are important to us are being worked on.

So I believe I mentioned this idea in a previous thread but nobody gave me their thoughts on it:

Find some way to freeze the rosters for the cup. After the first matchup, you cannot add to your roster other than to resign your players. Anyone on your roster before the end of the 1st matchup is eligible for the rest of the tournament.
    Personally, I would prefer the roster to be frozen after day 1. Nordeus would like this because it would create more of a token orgy in the auctions as people stock up for the cup run. Not only that, Nordeus would also like it because it would force more people to have 22 man rosters to account for suspensions and injuries, so again, more token suckage.

Of course, Tommy-token wont like this, but who knows...maybe some of them wont get owned by the higher level Tommy-tokens and possibly win a treble instead of the normal double.

Any thoughts?
    MoonMaiden and Yinhung like this.

Banned
    For me cup format must be like CL without groups.The old and the current format sux a lot!

Addicted
    No, there shouldnt be groups in Cup. Cup is KO from the beginning, just like in real football. That makes Cup special.
    Walphin likes this.
    League: 1st - 1st - 3rd - 2nd - 2nd - 1st - 3rd - 1st - 3rd - 2nd
    CL: x - Ro16 - 2nd - Ro4 - Ro8 - 2nd - 2nd - Ro16 - 1st
    Cup: x - Ro8 - 1st - Playoffs - Preliminary - Qualifying - Preliminary - Playoffs - Qualifying - Ro8

███████████
    ███████████
    ███████████

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeon View Post
    No, there shouldnt be groups in Cup. Cup is KO from the beginning, just like in real football. That makes Cup special.
    Yes, he said like CL without groups, so he did want KO.

I think the cup should be level based, like it's been discussed before: level 1-3, level 4-6, level 7-9 and so on.. so you'll have a good chance winning it once in 3 seasons. right now, every cup draw I had in the 8 seasons I play this game I faced opponents of 1, 2 or 3 levels above me, therefore I never have a chance of winning this damn cup, nor get close to it.
    DaniTheMangas likes this.

The CUP is basically a T-tournament, nothing else. You can agree to disagree.

No tickee, no laundry
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

For me on my server... It's not fair for token buyers because they get matched up with higher level players that won't of bought a single T ever before.
    Yinhung likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Banned
    Thats all fine and great, we know this already how unfair it is for token buyers and non-token buyers alike.

But what other options are there? Does the idea I presented have any merit?

If I wanted to discuss how unfair the current and past tournaments are, I would have resurrected an old thread.

IMO, the current format, while not perfect, is much fairer than the old format. Cracicot, you were wrong when you said the old format was level based. In the old format, it was not uncommon for low level teams (2/3/4 etc), to have to play level 14+ teams in the early rounds, and the competition was also ceeded, so that the stronger teams were kept apart, unlike now, where its an open draw.
    Tornado88 likes this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

If the non CL Cup is to be more realistic then the first 2-3 KO matches should be on 'same level' basis, as it is in the English Domestic Cups (FA Cup) and then once you get past those matches it should be a random draw so you cold be playing any level (I would suggest this could be played in levels 1-5, 6-10, 11-15 etc,etc). This would also give the lower level teams an opportunity to progress further than they would do under the current setup.

JMHO
    Last edited by Golden Boys FC; 05-06-2013 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Typo
    aiureah and cracicot like this.
    Watford Boys FC
    Season 1 - League Champions
    Cup Winners

Season 2 - League Champions
    Champions League Winners

Season 3 - League Champions
    Champions League Winners
    Cup Runners Up

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast