Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Season 128 - Are you ready?

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    I have been in 3 associations so far and many players ain't active. Some don't even train. And even more do not turn up to support or give bonuses. This is especially so if the captain is not active or if he thinks loyalty trumps being active. Or maybe they just want to remain in gold 1 and not get promoted.

Not sure why you do not participate but as Der Ryan mentioned, it is one of the best features in the game. It's free tokens.
    I’m just a cheapskate, I have to use more rests, attend more matches etc, yes I get tokens as a reward but to much dedication to a game, I am not too into anymore.

I still like the forum, one season I am active, the next I take a break, that is what I will do for now until eventually I leave.

Sent from my iPhone using by pressing the Reply button.

Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    I’m just a cheapskate, I have to use more rests, attend more matches etc, yes I get tokens as a reward but to much dedication to a game, I am not too into anymore.

I still like the forum, one season I am active, the next I take a break, that is what I will do for now until eventually I leave.

Good point. Same reason I fear platinum to be frank. Got to invest greens in exchange for tokens when I personally value greens more than tokens. Time wise no difference for me as I am already addicted and spend all my free time on the game
    maloukees likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    Really great that you have nice draws! Wish we would have them occasionally too... (envying)

Only played platinum from start, so it has been very tough right from the start at level 4 & 5 then. Understandably it would be so as opponent managers had seasons to strengthen and mould their teams when I barely had some 5-6 FTs who couldn’t be trained properly (insufficient greens, no world-class drills then, etc) and the rest of first-11 filled with stop-gaps players. And then opponents tend to have a few players with high whites when my team had only a top attacker with any threat, if at all.

Most platinum players would know about manipulating draws, so putting a 1* first-11 would still draw those same 7*-8* monster teams when our association quality ranges from 113% to 127%. My 124% semi opponent (association tag: #9CID6I - captain) this weekend had attackers of 155% (300%+ finishing!), 146% and 132%, along with 135% MC, so my 117% team getting a home 5-2 reverse win is as good as I could do.

https://ibb.co/8610qF2

Final opponent was only 2% weaker and needed to win both as the final total stands (Association tag: #O4BV5Y)

https://ibb.co/tQ13LMQ

And maybe because of the relatively higher win ratio in association matches, my team would be drawn against the 2nd best or 3rd best of opponents even when my AVQ ranks 4th or 5th (very close AVQ between 3rd to 5th, depending on which teams have finished 2 daily matches and training first). The draw system does try to balance it to ensure a closer matchup (at my expense ). I also have to build my FTs according to the association needs (needing to win via counter against better opponents - hence the 3 newest additions all go to defenders and GK).

Very fun and indeed exciting playing in platinum as it forces a manager to find a way to grind out an unlikely win against the odds, plus the extra Ts. League, Cup and CL matches will be felt like a piece of cake after those nightmare challenges. Really worthwhile to try it!
    Your opponents are strong! Nowonder you say it's a fight for survival. And not surviving means 0 tokens. It's seriously gambling. I feel they should give tokens based on the division. So if those in platinum get demoted, they would at least get 50. Or else how is playing in platinum more attractive than playing in gold 1. It's so much easier in gold 1 and 50 tokens is more or less guaranteed while you still have the opportunity to fight for 100 tokens. Something very wrong here.

Max

Season 128 - Are you ready?

Good point. Same reason I fear platinum to be frank. Got to invest greens in exchange for tokens when I personally value greens more than tokens. Time wise no difference for me as I am already addicted and spend all my free time on the game
    I am online maybe 15-45 minutes at most a day, I used to be engrossed in it, but now not as much, I spend much more time on this forum now rather than the game itself, I used to be addicted to it in my quest to win the Champions League and the Super Cup (this was leading up to the time before I won it 2 seasons in a row)

I would get to the Semi Finals almost every season and then lose, I got to the Final 3 times and twice in three seasons and lost them all of those 3 before I won the trophy.

I had won every other trophy, I won the league multiple times, the Super League twice and the Cup twice before I won that trophy. I was exhausted of trying to win it and when I lost painfully by one goal in the Semi Finals, My worst Semi Final exit was a 118th minute decider in the second leg, that was a massive sucker punch to the gut, I accepted the semi finals as my limit, I thought I couldn’t get any better than the Semi Finals or the occasional runners up medal.

It took me 2 years, 7 months and 8 days of playing to win my very first one, it was also a perfect 13-0-0 run which made it even better. The next season I had a 12-1-0 in the Champions League, only sustaining a 3-3 draw in the first leg away in the Round of 16, I barely won that tie 4-3 on aggregate. I won the final 3 rounds 17-1 on aggregate to get back to back trophies. At that time, I decided my work was done and took a break and won only the league that season, then I took a month off and then I won the league and cup last season and I am currently on another break.

You remember me talking about my back to back Champions Leagues bid in November, mostly during the build up in the Final hours leading up to the 2nd CL Final which I didn’t bother attending. I won 1-0 against a team who had a 7 star SA goalkeeper and 4 other 6.5 star players, the rest of his team was only 4-5 stars. I really should have lost because he dominated me until a defender popped up from nowhere and won it in the 88th minute.

I only won the Champions League twice and featured in the final 5 times in 23 seasons. I had 3 very painful losses in the finals including one from a PK shootout in my second season playing.

I know you have got to the CL Final 4 times and won it 4 times, I am happy I got my CL trophies after more than 2 and a half years of trying. That is the only reason I won it, I did not give up on winning it, I knew I could not quit the game without winning it. I did finally get them and now I can quit without the nagging feeling to come back.

I am also glad I got the opportunity to play in the Super Cup, I won them back to back as well but they weren’t easy, I only won each by a 2 goal margin.

Not only that, I saw someone respond to a Top Eleven tweet, (What are your goals for Season 120, or something like that) And some person said, I am looking to win my first Champions League trophy since the establishment of the club in 2011, he went more than 8 years without one, I am sure he still hasn’t won one since then but I am not sure.

I still find the cup the hardest though, even though I got to the Final 5 times in my last 6 seasons and won it 4 times. Lol sorry for rambling on too long again.

I am hanging on by a thread in the game just to support friends when I feel like logging in. I am about to max out my ground on my old account.

And yes, I simply am not dedicated enough to use associations, I have to use more rests, watch more ads if they become available, I hate watching the 40 ads even though they take about 25 minutes to watch because it is such a mundane action, you are wasting 25 minutes of your life watching ads for games that you most likely will never download. I have 1,000 better things I could be doing than spending 25 minutes a day watching ads.

I wouldn’t be able to keep up training all my players for long periods of time, that means I would spend about 10 hours a day on the game.

Also spending hours on end on the auction list looking for the perfect players kills me on the inside, that is so boring.

Some people on the forum may argue that some of my posts may take longer than watching 40 ads, yes that may be true but I enjoy posting on the forum and there are many good people here.

Last edited by Max; 02-17-2020 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    I am online maybe 15-45 minutes at most a day, I used to be engrossed in it, but now not as much, I spend much more time on this forum now rather than the game itself, I used to be addicted to it in my quest to win the Champions League and the Super Cup (this was leading up to the time before I won it 2 seasons in a row)

I would get to the Semi Finals almost every season and then lose, I got to the Final 3 times and twice in three seasons and lost them all of those 3 before I won the trophy.

I had won every other trophy, I won the league multiple times, the Super League twice and the Cup twice before I won that trophy. I was exhausted of trying to win it and when I lost painfully by one goal in the Semi Finals, My worst Semi Final exit was a 118th minute decider in the second leg, that was a massive sucker punch to the gut, I accepted the semi finals as my limit, I thought I couldn’t get any better than the Semi Finals or the occasional runners up medal.

It took me 2 years, 7 months and 8 days of playing to win my very first one, it was also a perfect 13-0-0 run which made it even better. The next season I had a 12-1-0 in the Champions League, only sustaining a 3-3 draw in the first leg away in the Round of 16, I barely won that tie 4-3 on aggregate. I won the final 3 rounds 17-1 on aggregate to get back to back trophies. At that time, I decided my work was done and took a break and won only the league that season, then I took a month off and then I won the league and cup last season and I am currently on another break.

You remember me talking about my back to back Champions Leagues bid in November, mostly during the build up in the Final hours leading up to the 2nd CL Final which I didn’t bother attending. I won 1-0 against a team who had a 7 star SA goalkeeper and 4 other 6.5 star players, the rest of his team was only 4-5 stars. I really should have lost because he dominated me until a defender popped up from nowhere and won it in the 88th minute.

I only won the Champions League twice and featured in the final 5 times in 23 seasons. I had 3 very painful losses in the finals including one from a PK shootout in my second season playing.

I know you have got to the CL Final 4 times and won it 4 times, I am happy I got my CL trophies after more than 2 and a half years of trying. That is the only reason I won it, I did not give up on winning it, I knew I could not quit the game without winning it. I did finally get them and now I can quit without the nagging feeling to come back.

I am also glad I got the opportunity to play in the Super Cup, I won them back to back as well but they weren’t easy, I only won each by a 2 goal margin.

Not only that, I saw someone respond to a Top Eleven tweet, (What are your goals for Season 120, or something like that) And some person said, I am looking to win my first Champions League trophy since the establishment of the club in 2011, he went more than 8 years without one, I am sure he still hasn’t won one since then but I am not sure.

I still find the cup the hardest though, even though I got to the Final 5 times in my last 6 seasons and won it 4 times. Lol sorry for rambling on too long again.

I am hanging on by a thread in the game just to support friends when I feel like logging in. I am about to max out my ground on my old account.

And yes, I simply am not dedicated enough to use associations, I have to use more rests, watch more ads if they become available, I hate watching the 40 ads even though they take about 25 minutes to watch because it is such a mundane action, you are wasting 25 minutes of your life watching ads for games that you most likely will never download. I have 1,000 better things I could be doing than spending 25 minutes a day watching ads.

I wouldn’t be able to keep up training all my players for long periods of time, that means I would spend about 10 hours a day on the game.

Also spending hours on end on the auction list looking for the perfect players kills me on the inside, that is so boring.

Some people on the forum may argue that some of my posts may take longer than watching 40 ads, yes that may be true but I enjoy posting on the forum and there are many good people here.

You are not alone. I only realised there are alot of players like you who have lost interest in the game when i had access to associations. To be frank, i think you put in alot more effort than those i have seen. They log in once or twice a month. Add a few players and renew sponsorships, train abit and i dont see them again for at least 2 weeks. Not sure how that is any fun as they dont chat with association members as well. They almost never win anything but always get promoted. Perhaps what motivates them is to reach top of the server? Not sure.

What draws me is the game itself, i come to the forum when there is nothing left to do in the game and i am bored. It is nice to have this forum to meet others who like the game as well. I definitely wont be coming here if i should quit playing as i would have nothing to say anyway.

Max
    You are not alone. I only realised there are alot of players like you who have lost interest in the game when i had access to associations. To be frank, i think you put in alot more effort than those i have seen. They log in once or twice a month. Add a few players and renew sponsorships, train abit and i dont see them again for at least 2 weeks. Not sure how that is any fun as they dont chat with association members as well. They almost never win anything but always get promoted. Perhaps what motivates them is to reach top of the server? Not sure.

What draws me is the game itself, i come to the forum when there is nothing left to do in the game and i am bored. It is nice to have this forum to meet others who like the game as well. I definitely wont be coming here if i should quit playing as i would have nothing to say anyway.
    You’re right, I only linger on for friendly tournaments that are hosted or just helping other forum members with questions or just scrolling through it in general.

Pro
    Your opponents are strong! Nowonder you say it's a fight for survival. And not surviving means 0 tokens. It's seriously gambling. I feel they should give tokens based on the division. So if those in platinum get demoted, they would at least get 50. Or else how is playing in platinum more attractive than playing in gold 1. It's so much easier in gold 1 and 50 tokens is more or less guaranteed while you still have the opportunity to fight for 100 tokens. Something very wrong here.
    Not sure about what the reward would be for a demotion to gold 1, as association members tend to be quite upbeat about staying up even when fighting for survival has been going on for the 4th season. And very possibly next one too when getting a 1st out of the next 2. Haha!

Greens seems to be the most precious when Ts are sufficient to buy FTs, so I did think about joining a gold 1 association and then keep a lower AVQ team to save more greens (more winnable even without spending greens to recover for asso matches, and also can still win with weaker FTs [can do with a 100% FT instead of a 120%]). You should be saving a lot more greens with less power-training needed. This can only be a good thing for future squad building.

I look to save more Ts to feel comfortable in getting FTs very early in a season, and can even consider investing in a tailored 120% youth to power-train to 140% on day 1. There is a certain FT which is so important but then never really pops up, such as DMC/MC with playmaker SA. Also not appeared in recommended or daily player ever too.

Level 20 onwards will become a lot tougher, so I feel fine to keep playing very competitive asso matches ahead of those expected challenges later.
    Last edited by HeavensAAA; 02-18-2020 at 03:27 AM.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    Not sure about what the reward would be for a demotion to gold 1, as association members tend to be quite upbeat about staying up even when fighting for survival has been going on for the 4th season. And very possibly next one too when getting a 1st out of the next 2. Haha!

Greens seems to be the most precious when Ts are sufficient to buy FTs, so I did think about joining a gold 1 association and then keep a lower AVQ team to save more greens (more winnable even without spending greens to recover for asso matches, and also can still win with weaker FTs [can do with a 100% FT instead of a 120%]). You should be saving a lot more greens with less power-training needed. This can only be a good thing for future squad building.

I look to save more Ts to feel comfortable in getting FTs very early in a season, and can even consider investing in a tailored 120% youth to power-train to 140% on day 1. There is a certain FT which is so important but then never really pops up, such as DMC/MC with playmaker SA. Also not appeared in recommended or daily player ever too.

Level 20 onwards will become a lot tougher, so I feel fine to keep playing very competitive asso matches ahead of those expected challenges later.
    Well mate, with an association like yours, i would be upbeat about my chances too. However, majority of associations are probably less active and weaker and are likely to get demoted once in a few months? There is no reward when your association gets demoted, changing associations midway mean no rewards as well. Not fun if to lose and not win tokens. But thats just me, i like minimum effort maximum gain and being opportunistic.

For myself, i have holiday plans coming up and it will coincide/overlap with the first 2 days of the new season. As i wont have much time for myself and i can only spend that much time on the toilet bowl, i see myself using the tokens on scouts and recommended players to replace the starter positions for that season. As for greens, i watched enough videos to know how much is needed at a go. I only saved a few hundred every season so i might have to tank sometime in the future to gather resources, trophies and avoid getting too high level. But thats years down the road.

Famous
    For me too... the forum is also a fun part of the game..

I got really addict to this game...

It is just to figure out how to win the titles, without spending any hard cash.
    Sillybq likes this.

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by maloukees View Post
    For me too... the forum is also a fun part of the game..

I got really addict to this game...

It is just to figure out how to win the titles, without spending any hard cash.
    I only got addicted when I tried to win the Champions League, as I said, it took me more than 2 and a half years to win it? After being knocked out in six or seven Semi Finals and losing the Final 3 times, I won it twice in two seasons and then I took a break.

Now, I am on my way out of the game, I will be active one season and then be active another.

I would say I will be in the forum 1 year at most on the forum until I go into permanent inactivity.

Last edited by Max; 02-18-2020 at 11:07 AM.

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast