Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Special personal trainers - is it worth the price?

  1. #1
    VFK
    VFK is offline
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    130

    Special personal trainers - is it worth the price?

    I've never used personal trainers on my players before, mainly because they develop grey skills equally with the white ones and aren't exactly cheap. However these reduced prices actually look pretty nice to me.

    For example, I would get my 24 y/o striker from 112% to 120% with 66T. Green packs cost roughly one token per unit. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get him anywhere near +8% (a.k.a. 120 skill increases) with 66 green packs. I've never done empirical testing on how fast players generally gain while training (I'm sure some people here have ), so I'm consulting you:

    Do you think that these special trainer prices are cheap for players who aren't young and quick to gain anymore?

  2. #2
    Champion Max McClean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    2,679

    Special personal trainers - is it worth the price?

    Quote Originally Posted by VFK View Post
    I've never used personal trainers on my players before, mainly because they develop grey skills equally with the white ones and aren't exactly cheap. However these reduced prices actually look pretty nice to me.

    For example, I would get my 24 y/o striker from 112% to 120% with 66T. Green packs cost roughly one token per unit. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get him anywhere near +8% (a.k.a. 120 skill increases) with 66 green packs. I've never done empirical testing on how fast players generally gain while training (I'm sure some people here have ), so I'm consulting you:

    Do you think that these special trainer prices are cheap for players who aren't young and quick to gain anymore?
    No, certainly not worth it. It is a total waste.


    Sent from my iPhone using by pressing the Reply button
    Last edited by Max McClean; 03-04-2020 at 03:05 PM. Reason: I was thinking of a different personal trainer.

  3. #3
    Famous
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,167
    Quote Originally Posted by VFK View Post
    I've never used personal trainers on my players before, mainly because they develop grey skills equally with the white ones and aren't exactly cheap. However these reduced prices actually look pretty nice to me.

    For example, I would get my 24 y/o striker from 112% to 120% with 66T. Green packs cost roughly one token per unit. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get him anywhere near +8% (a.k.a. 120 skill increases) with 66 green packs. I've never done empirical testing on how fast players generally gain while training (I'm sure some people here have ), so I'm consulting you:

    Do you think that these special trainer prices are cheap for players who aren't young and quick to gain anymore?
    Any of my players over 100% only get a 4% increase for 60 tokens using the personal trainer.
    You seem to be getting a better deal than me.
    I've never bothered with them anyway though, 66 greens is only a few days vids, better doing it that way.

  4. #4
    Champion SuperDunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,093
    I would only do it on my legend 29+ player if they would offer me 8-10 tokens for 1% of rating.
    Otherwise it would be a waste.
    I m still around, LOL!

  5. #5
    VIP MNK Kaskada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Gračanica, Bosnia & Herzegovina
    Posts
    3,518
    Are you sure it is only 66T, I think it must be much more.

  6. #6
    Famous Der_Ryan_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,317
    One of the worst deals ingame, better buy rests and train these %

  7. #7
    VIP MNK Kaskada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Gračanica, Bosnia & Herzegovina
    Posts
    3,518
    I just checked how personal trainer works.

    It is 48T for 4% quallity if player is 5*.
    It is 60T for 4% quallity if player is 6*.
    It is 80T for 4% quallity if player is 7*.
    etc...

    So, it is 120T (not 66T for sure) for those 8% (112%-120%).

  8. #8
    Famous
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,167
    Quote Originally Posted by MNK Kaskada View Post
    I just checked how personal trainer works.

    It is 48T for 4% quallity if player is 5*.
    It is 60T for 4% quallity if player is 6*.
    It is 80T for 4% quallity if player is 7*.
    etc...

    So, it is 120T (not 66T for sure) for those 8% (112%-120%).
    Yeh, that's how mine works
    MNK Kaskada likes this.

  9. #9
    VFK
    VFK is offline
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    130
    Interesting, you guys don't have the same offer, it seems. It's been up for a couple of days and ends tomorrow. The offer is to use special trainers to get my six star players to seven with reduced prices.

    Other examples:
    118 to 120, 14T
    109 to 120, 91T
    100 to 120, 176T

    Maybe a regional thing? (I'm from Northern Europe) Or targeted to certain managers by some other criteria?
    gogs67 and MNK Kaskada like this.

  10. #10
    Champion Max McClean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    2,679
    Quote Originally Posted by VFK View Post
    Interesting, you guys don't have the same offer, it seems. It's been up for a couple of days and ends tomorrow. The offer is to use special trainers to get my six star players to seven with reduced prices.

    Other examples:
    118 to 120, 14T
    109 to 120, 91T
    100 to 120, 176T

    Maybe a regional thing? (I'm from Northern Europe) Or targeted to certain managers by some other criteria?
    To use 14t for 2% is a little much in my opinion.

    I am from Western Europe but I have no offers that I can views, I won’t be using it anyway but still, none for me, it could be available in certain regions and not in others.


    Sent from my iPhone using by pressing the Reply button.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast