Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: [Official] Shamrock Cup Challenge - Full-Time

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #1
    Administrator

[Official] Shamrock Cup Challenge - Full-Time

[Official] Shamrock Cup Challenge - Full-Time-wn-32-.jpg

Hi Managers,

Top Eleven goes green! Time to warm up your squad for a new event to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day! The Shamrock Cup Challenge is coming soon.

See below for the full rules:

The competition has different levels. Each level consists of a variable number of rounds.
    You must defeat other managers to unlock the last round of a level.
    The last round of a level is played against a different club.
    These matches don’t impact upon players' condition.
    Your progress is always saved at each stage.
    You have a limited number of free retries.
    A player can receive cards on these matches. Suspensions don't apply from one match to another.
    The competition can only be completed once.
    You only earn rewards the first time you progress.

Good luck!

Max
    Cool. I am wondering how it will go, since I’m Irish I will have a good laugh and some fun
    MNK Kaskada and Zinde like this.

Great
    But i did not finished any event until now.because all events its so hard
    MNK Kaskada likes this.

I respect people's beliefs, don't get me wrong. However, why is there always intensity on the Christian ritual? halloween, this event, when designing the jersey and emblem, cross mark etc. Muslims have 2 holidays a year and no events were held. Crescent, one of the Islamic symbols, was never used when designing a shirt and emblem?

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarşi View Post
    I respect people's beliefs, don't get me wrong. However, why is there always intensity on the Christian ritual? halloween, this event, when designing the jersey and emblem, cross mark etc. Muslims have 2 holidays a year and no events were held. Crescent, one of the Islamic symbols, was never used when designing a shirt and emblem?
    Indeed it would often be difficult when religions is involved, and it always ends up in meaningless fights when no side would ‘win’ anyway. Best not to discuss that (Atheist here, so no preference to any religion)

With football itself, in general, it is most popular in Europe and South America, as well as some Asian countries like Japan and Korea which have festival activities with some of the more poplar ‘Western’ holidays (They do mainly celebrate their own main holidays, but would still have adopted the celebratory holiday mode even when most of them don’t even believe in Christianity at all - to them, say Christmas or Easter, is just another kind of holiday mode break with presents or chocolates for others). Obviously there are a huge number of fans all around the world including Muslamic countries, but then it is normal and easy for an event team to look at the ‘Western’ holiday calendar to come up with some headlines and designs, and it could be more receptive to most audience easily. It would have been a lot more difficult for non-Muslims to understand the culture and meaning of Muslim holidays than the Christian ones (A successful headline should be short, very easily understandable and receptive to attract attention quickly)

Nothing discriminatory at all there in not using anything else, in my opinion. Just probably easier and simpler marketing for a majority.
    MNK Kaskada and Sillybq like this.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Rookie
    As a Muslim who lives in a western country, I'd just like to point out that the events that you are speaking of (Christmas, Halloween, St. Patrick's day etc.) may have a religious origin, but in the west, they have all become cultural celebrations with little religious significance.

I know that may not be the same in every region of the world but I just wanted to show that I don't believe that there was any bias intended.
    MNK Kaskada and Anarşi like this.

As a southeastern European Muslim, I would not like to see islamic holiday event, for me that is strictly religious thing. But it would be nice to see some emblems and jersey with islamic symbols too.

Agree with you all guys. I will foward this to the devs . It will be good to have a more wide cultural / religious events from more sides of the world
    Anarşi likes this.

“Football is born in the brain, not in the body"

Quote Originally Posted by GunnerZed View Post
    As a Muslim who lives in a western country, I'd just like to point out that the events that you are speaking of (Christmas, Halloween, St. Patrick's day etc.) may have a religious origin, but in the west, they have all become cultural celebrations with little religious significance.

I know that may not be the same in every region of the world but I just wanted to show that I don't believe that there was any bias intended.
    I think there is no Prejudice and that's why I wrote it. I guess they don't care or they're not aware. The crescent must definitely design a shirt and emblem like the Cross Mark. There Feast of sugar in the next days and made a tour of Turkey.
    Last edited by Anarşi; 03-15-2020 at 08:37 PM. Reason: I don't write using google translate, I hope I'm not misunderstood

Famous
    I do not know where you see a relation of any kind between Halloween and Christianity... Halloween is a party for witches, which have been burned big time in our countries by kings and bishops. Xmas is a worldwide celebration, not even mentioning St Patrick's day, which is Irish people's day. They may have a christian origin but they are big party time for most people in the world. A cross to me is a sign made with 2 perpendicular lines. And a crescent is a delicious french pastry. I do not see anything more in them than that.
    Last edited by gizzmo; 03-16-2020 at 12:19 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast