Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Season 130 - Are you ready?

Max

Season 130 - Are you ready?

1-2 win against a 98% team, not too bad but admittedly should have done way better than just 2-1, we were lucky in some senses, but conceding to a counter attack hasn’t happened to us before. Again, I catch myself looking at the negatives but we still need to be doing way better, that guy had no form, 2 draws and 3 losses.

Lucky I did not drop points, but our form must improve now.

Thanks all for support.

We will do better in our next game.

Sent from my iPhone using by pressing the Reply button.

Max You might find he's a loan gk from the special sponsor so he might only have him until about Wednesday?

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Generation X View Post
    Max You might find he's a loan gk from the special sponsor so he might only have him until about Wednesday?
    Oh yes, I totally forgot, thanks for this, hopefully he isn’t loaded and buys him fully, we will see.

Last edited by Max; 04-11-2020 at 11:11 AM.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    1-2 win against a 98% team, not too bad but admittedly should have done way better than just 2-1, we were lucky in some senses, but conceding to a counter attack hasn’t happened to us before. Again, I catch myself looking at the negatives but we still need to be doing way better, that guy had no form, 2 draws and 3 losses.

Lucky I did not drop points, but our form must improve now.

Thanks all for support.

We will do better in our next game.

I was watching this match. I think you were playing defensive, force counter attacks with focus passing down the flanks.

Don't you think it better to play focus passing through the middle if you are playing defensive with force counter attacks ?

I saw your players were successfully executing counter attacks but since focus passing was set to down both flanks they were unnecessarily taking the ball to flank and then crossing from there which most of the time doesn't results in goal in top eleven. Instead of taking the ball to flanks if they straight away ran towards the goal it will provide a better chance to score a goal.

What's your thought on this ?

I got the chance to test both these strategies in detail during the King of the Hill event and I personally found that through the middle works a lot better than down both flanks when you are playing defensive.

This is why I am playing with through the middle focus passing with 2 AMC and 1 ST even though I had trained my players AMR / AML position specifically to play down both flanks so that my player Ludovic can score more in MC assistance competition.

Addicted
    Annoying but we will manage, our CL rival is all of a sudden taken a 3# leap which makes him 5% stronger which annoys me because that is the competition I want to win most this season, I can’t go back to be runner up again, I just hope someone knocks him out, we will see but he got a near superstar SA goalkeeper out of nowhere, he probably got him from the scout market and then trained him up, but he is 25 years old, he could have used the personal trainer here, but that would mean he is absolutely loaded.

Only way I can beat him is hope a few of his players get suspended or I somehow get 5% stronger. I will fight him anyway, I won’t be able to attend the final if I play him, it will be awful as he has the time difference in his favour, his games are at 6 am my time which I will make no effort to get up at, I might only get one trophy this season after all unfortunately.

Same thing has happened with me. Many of the teams my League and CL have suddenly increased their overall quality by 5 to 10 percent. Seems like they bought some scouts and got a player for loan from the ongoing event.

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Singh View Post
    I was watching this match. I think you were playing defensive, force counter attacks with focus passing down the flanks.

Don't you think it better to play focus passing through the middle if you are playing defensive with force counter attacks ?

I saw your players were successfully executing counter attacks but since focus passing was set to down both flanks they were unnecessarily taking the ball to flank and then crossing from there which most of the time doesn't results in goal in top eleven. Instead of taking the ball to flanks if they straight away ran towards the goal it will provide a better chance to score a goal.

What's your thought on this ?

I got the chance to test both these strategies in detail during the King of the Hill event and I personally found that through the middle works a lot better than down both flanks when you are playing defensive.

This is why I am playing with through the middle focus passing with 2 AMC and 1 ST even though I had trained my players AMR / AML position specifically to play down both flanks so that my player Ludovic can score more in MC assistance competition.
    Maybe you are right, I do play defensive, I like conceding hardly anything, I was expecting to do better but it is ok, we won, I play down the flanks because that is where my strongest players are and I have found my team does much better when they are playing down the flanks rather than down the middle, I played worse when I played through the middle, so I tend to disagree for now, maybe against this particular opponent it didn’t work, I know I am a serial complainer but it helps my team perform better in my opinion I try to fix the thing that went wrong in the match.

Siddharth Singh likes this.

Max
    Same thing has happened with me. Many of the teams my League and CL have suddenly increased their overall quality by 5 to 10 percent. Seems like they bought some scouts and got a player for loan from the ongoing event.
    I hope it is from the event, otherwise it dosen’t look good for my hopes of retaining the CL, it is most likely a loan, but hopefully he can’t afford to buy him permanently.

Siddharth Singh likes this.

Addicted
    I hope it is from the event, otherwise it dosen’t look good for my hopes of retaining the CL, it is most likely a loan, but hopefully he can’t afford to buy him permanently.

I specifically watched your game because your team is doing great this season while playing defensive with force counter attacks.

I wanted to see the game play because when I tried playing defensive with down both flanks passing the result were decent but not as good as through the middle.

While playing attacking I get better results with down the flank passing as compared to through the middle.

Max
    I specifically watched your game because your team is doing great this season while playing defensive with force counter attacks.

I wanted to see the game play because when I tried playing defensive with down both flanks passing the result were decent but not as good as through the middle.

While playing attacking I get better results with down the flank passing as compared to through the middle.
    I agree with that, that is what I do when my team is drawing late in a game, I want to see if it works and then if it does not, I switch to normal and then it tends to do the job.

Max
    Great 0-5 win in the cup, we are through to the Semis yet again.

Thanks so much to everyone who supported me today.

League Table right now.

Path to the Semis, no cup matches for four days as you know.

Our Season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast