Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Season 130 - Are you ready?

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDunk View Post
    Amen, brother !
    Wouldn t be surprised if the roulette alghorythm applies here.
    High chances of this being true brother
    SuperDunk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by eurofieds View Post
    You're one of the people that destroys the game. Why can't you just play normally and accept whatever position you end up? Rather than trying to trick the game.. Next season, some hardworking dude will end up in your league and wonder why he's second despite all his efforts? Nordeus should really start banning account of people who tank. It's not cool, and unfair to others who even put real money in the game in order to compete... Meanwhile, this is by no means being aggressive on you or anything, I'm just saying. So, I'm sorry ahead of time if I come off offensive.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk
    I have worked hard plenty myself in many past seasons. Made good signings, committed to training, flexible tactics, everything. Then out of nowhere in order to win the Champions League I have to face a team that is 20-30% stronger than mine (and all other contenders for the same trophy), usually a manager who somehow added a special ability to all of his players and improved their quality drastically over night. And this is not just an isolated incident, it's a regular occurrence. Those managers seem to just snap a finger and win the treble. Now is that fair towards me and others who can't afford to invest real money or decide to keep it for far more important things than some silly game? Frankly I'd bet that putting anything above minimum amount of real money is more likely to give you a bigger advantage over others than tanking one season.

All I wanted to do was give myself a better shot for CL just for next season (for which I actually have to win the Super League this week so it's not like I can afford to just sit back and spectate this season either, if anything I have made a gamble by putting all eggs in the SL basket), nothing more than that. Because my Top Eleven ambitions are lower than most other managers - win every competition once and be done with it. I am going to be promoted in the end so there is no chance of me of gaining any advantage anyway...
    United FC: 6 leagues (1 invincible), 1 cup, 2 CLs
    St. Tropez 1964: 6 leagues (1 inv), 1 cup, 1 CL (One treble)
    Newton Heath: 7 leagues (2 inv), 1 cup, 1 CL, 1 SL, 1 SC
    The Black Pearl: 3 leagues (1 inv), 2 cups, 1 CL, 2 SL, 1 SC
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Manchester Heath: 6 leagues (3 inv), 4 Champions Leagues, 2 Cups, 3 Super Leagues, 4 Super Cups... (One quadruple)

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRedDevil View Post
    I have worked hard plenty myself in many past seasons. Made good signings, committed to training, flexible tactics, everything. Then out of nowhere in order to win the Champions League I have to face a team that is 20-30% stronger than mine (and all other contenders for the same trophy), usually a manager who somehow added a special ability to all of his players and improved their quality drastically over night. And this is not just an isolated incident, it's a regular occurrence. Those managers seem to just snap a finger and win the treble. Now is that fair towards me and others who can't afford to invest real money or decide to keep it for far more important things than some silly game? Frankly I'd bet that putting anything above minimum amount of real money is more likely to give you a bigger advantage over others than tanking one season.

All I wanted to do was give myself a better shot for CL just for next season (for which I actually have to win the Super League this week so it's not like I can afford to just sit back and spectate this season either, if anything I have made a gamble by putting all eggs in the SL basket), nothing more than that. Because my Top Eleven ambitions are lower than most other managers - win every competition once and be done with it. I am going to be promoted in the end so there is no chance of me of gaining any advantage anyway...
    Noted. I understand you perfectly, I'd be lying if i told you I've never considered tanking myself tbh,... But then, 2 wrongs never made a right.

Quote Originally Posted by eurofieds View Post
    Noted. I understand you perfectly, I'd be lying if i told you I've never considered tanking myself tbh,... But then, 2 wrongs never made a right.

I hate tanking, but when I met opponents 20-50% higher in my league...tanking became a righteous cause

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk
    The Nebuchadnezzar exploring T11

I have lost a good number of games this season due to my non challant goalie. Its been long since I had those goal keepers that occasionally win MOTM. Am hunting for one now as we target the quadra next season or the season after.

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebu View Post
    I have lost a good number of games this season due to my non challant goalie. Its been long since I had those goal keepers that occasionally win MOTM. Am hunting for one now as we target the quadra next season or the season after.

Yep, got a keeper that mad 28 clean sheets in 42 matches, but he let in a bunch of goals in the games he concedes in, he conceded 4 at home yesterday to knock me out of the CL.

And yes, next season we must win the quadruple, league and cup is good but not as good as I can be. Good enough this season though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    Yep, got a keeper that mad 28 clean sheets in 42 matches, but he let in a bunch of goals in the games he concedes in, he conceded 4 at home yesterday to knock me out of the CL.

And yes, next season we must win the quadruple, league and cup is good but not as good as I can be. Good enough this season though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sorry mate, every player have their bad days.

Max
    Sorry mate, every player have their bad days.

I know, I hope to find one of those keepers that have man of the matches, I have only ever had one, he was great, I wish I could have him back but oh well, good things don’t last forever.

Sent from my iPhone using by pressing the Reply button.

Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    I know, I hope to find one of those keepers that have man of the matches, I have only ever had one, he was great, I wish I could have him back but oh well, good things don’t last forever.

I have been watching the market like an eagle. 1 only have one shot, as I am yet to sell my players.

Max
    I have been watching the market like an eagle. 1 only have one shot, as I am yet to sell my players.

Ok, good luck on finding one.

Nebu likes this.

Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast