Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Keeper Having A Mare

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Cained View Post
    I agree with most of this. In my view, the main reason for playing this game is to test out your tactics against other active managers, especially teams of a similar quality. But it’s not a level playing field when the engine decides that your keeper is going to turn in a shambolic performance - it ruins the experience. I really look forward to these matches because let’s be honest stuffing an abandoned team 8-0 isn’t the same as playing an active manager that knows his/her stuff.

Look, an example of a today fresh match. I literally dominated the game as you can see through stats but since the rival team is stronger the engine decided obviously to make me lose. His goalkeeper kept taking everything, also every free kicks from my best striker with more than 150% finishing and with free kicks ability...

Keeper Having A Mare-6de16f6d-d9b5-47a0-bb1a-c37b5b0b94c9.jpg Keeper Having A Mare-98106899-cdcd-456d-8a68-4d95022d66fb.jpg

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1311 View Post
    I never place much faith in GK ratings no matter how many stars he has. From my earlier post about scripted games, you know when your GK will have a mare and inevitably you will lose is when your GK has a rating of below 6. Even with a win, a GK will rarely get above an 8 rating. On those rare occasions where a troll may occur, the GK will save everything and get a 9 or a 10 rating.
    A 4* GK can (and usually does) perform as well as a 7*. So I never bother power training a GK. I might buy a scout every 3-4 seasons (with one on one stopper SA) but that’s it. In fact only my attacking players ever get fed Greens. GK and defenders are always Scouts.
    I agree with this, on 2 occasions this season my GK got injured in 1st ten minute (never had a injury to my keeper before) so I had to bring on a 2* keeper, he didn't concede a goal in either game and got a 8 in one of them. I just think it's hit and miss with keepers, if he's on a 5 it's very unlikely he will finish the game with more than a 5, I instantly sub mine now if he is on a 5
    dave1311 likes this.

Addicted
    also my goalkeeper ratings have been terrible lately...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Addicted
    I just played the CL final where I was +16%. Was 2-0 up after 15', opponent scored on two consecutive set pieces. Score was 2-2 at halftime and my GK (130%) and 2 DCs (almost mutants) had ratings below 5,4. Switched formation and tactics to drastically change the conditions. Scored 4 and won 6-2.

I guess you need to fundamentally shock the game engine to turn things in your favour. I went from 4141 to 32212 with DML/DMR and 2 second strikers upfront and high pressing, short passes, focus to middle, hard tackling, instead of low press, mixed passes, focus down the flanks, easy tackles.
    Last edited by Arphaxad; 08-14-2020 at 01:50 PM.
    dave1311 likes this.
    Download my power training tool here https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...alculator.html

Rookie
    Did you sub your keeper? Interestingly enough, I won my CL final 6-2 as well! Although I didn’t attend the game.
    Last edited by Citizen Cained; 08-14-2020 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Update needed

Addicted
    Did you sub your keeper? Interestingly enough, I won my CL final 6-2 as well! Although I didn’t attend the game.
    No, I didn't. I considered putting in my strongest bench player (ST) as I didn't have a second GK available, but didn't. I changed formation and tactics completely instead. Basically changing all tactical orders to shock the engine.
    Last edited by Arphaxad; 08-15-2020 at 05:30 AM.
    Download my power training tool here https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...alculator.html

One thing that is going to make me abandon this game are the goalkeeper scripts. I’m so sick and tired of losing big games just because my keeper lets every shot on goal in. It’s got to the stage where I’m gonna stop showing up for the big games because my keeper always performs when I’m not there. Has anyone ever developed a reliable keeper or do I just have to put up with this?
    I completely agree with this. I ever had a match against 15% weaker team. They win because their 69% GK was man of the match and my 98% GK have 4.8 ratings. 😔

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by audricsaragih View Post
    I completely agree with this. I ever had a match against 15% weaker team. They win because their 69% GK was man of the match and my 98% GK have 4.8 ratings. 😔
    I bought a new keeper and he is a stellar performer. Only seem to have issues with him in association matches. But like a previous poster mentioned, if he goes below a 6 rating, then I substitute him. Funnily enough, I did this a couple of days ago and the replacement keeper got injured after 10 mins which meant I had to put an outfield player in goal and he didn’t concede a goal and got a rating of 7.1. Work all that out!

I bought a new keeper and he is a stellar performer. Only seem to have issues with him in association matches. But like a previous poster mentioned, if he goes below a 6 rating, then I substitute him. Funnily enough, I did this a couple of days ago and the replacement keeper got injured after 10 mins which meant I had to put an outfield player in goal and he didn’t concede a goal and got a rating of 7.1. Work all that out!
    I have seen that if your GK gets injured, don’t sub him. It makes no difference if he’s injured. I played an Association game recently and my opponent GK was injured after 10mins. He was not subbed and I still lost. The GK got a 7 rating and made saves after he was injured.
    RaiKo likes this.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 122
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by dave1311 View Post
    I have seen that if your GK gets injured, don’t sub him. It makes no difference if he’s injured. I played an Association game recently and my opponent GK was injured after 10mins. He was not subbed and I still lost. The GK got a 7 rating and made saves after he was injured.
    Thanks for sharing this info, Dave. Another inexplicable nuance of the game engine, right? Similar to the goal-scoring forward that passes back into the midfield when clean through on goal? 😂😂
    dave1311 likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast