Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Season 140 - Are you ready?

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    The troll quality range is at least up to 60%, so a ‘well-trained team plus attendance bonus’ could still cause such an upset even when the chance is very, very low.

Players having poor conditions level would perform worse than usual. Maybe try training all those 1% players to close to 30% conditions just before match starts, and also force the team to play hard pressing & man-on-man to further deplete their remaining conditions? Such a team ‘should’ concede many goals in the last 30 mins in any match.
    I would mate but sadly I can't have those 1 percent guys trained up too much as I am only tanking for this season. Will need to revert to my previous playing style for next. I play low press and zonal because high press and man to man gives a boost and I do not want that. My tactical set up is screwed up as well. Short pass, hard defending, no counters and playing offside trap. Basically everything is set up wrong.

You are right that its possible but it is happening too often to me this season that's why I posted. Wanted to find out what's the cause so I can react. Will be using my first team for training bonuses going forward. Hopefully not too late
    Last edited by Sillybq; 01-16-2021 at 03:26 AM.

VFK
    Rookie
    8th in the league with 5-0-7 record, my goal difference being +13. Every game I've won I've won with at least 4 goals. 4 of my losses are one-goal losses. I basically lose every narrow game although many times I've had better or equal chances to score. I've lost two games lately simply because of missing headers from corners...

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    I would mate but sadly I can't have those 1 percent guys trained up too much as I am only tanking for this season. Will need to revert to my previous playing style for next. I play low press and zonal because high press and man to man gives a boost and I do not want that. My tactical set up is screwed up as well. Short pass, hard defending, no counters and playing offside trap. Basically everything is set up wrong.

You are right that its possible but it is happening too often to me this season that's why I posted. Wanted to find out what's the cause so I can react. Will be using my first team for training bonuses going forward. Hopefully not too late
    You have tried everything possible already, so there’s not much more you could have done to throw away a match.

1% player could be trained with role or SA, hence stats remain low (need them to solve the role & SA special sponsor tasks); and formation-wise you could try to play only 2 defenders, with DC at DR/DMC corner and DL at ML region close to touchline, with a 2-1-5-2 formation with DMC pushed up and AMC pulled back with arrows the opposite way as it should be. Tanking formation can still spread around players but 8 midfielders with wrong arrows should be even worse.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    You have tried everything possible already, so there’s not much more you could have done to throw away a match.

1% player could be trained with role or SA, hence stats remain low (need them to solve the role & SA special sponsor tasks); and formation-wise you could try to play only 2 defenders, with DC at DR/DMC corner and DL at ML region close to touchline, with a 2-1-5-2 formation with DMC pushed up and AMC pulled back with arrows the opposite way as it should be. Tanking formation can still spread around players but 8 midfielders with wrong arrows should be even worse.
    It looks like tpb aint the issue and the team bonus is the one that gives the biggest boost so my idea to train bonuses with main team isn't gonna work. I use a straight line through the middle formation as I need the yellow exclamation mark for 'very low' preparation. Having any players on the wings gives the team a huge boost as well as it removes the yellow exclamation mark for formation. Can't place everyone at the wings either as that causes a red exclamation mark which means I can't save the formation and it automatically reverts to last formation.

I place players at positions based on their lowest whites so most attackers are at defence and defenders at attack. Midfielders get slotted at GK and ST mostly. Wingers play DC and wingbacks play AMCs. Those with good heading like DC and ST fill the MC positions.

Yep my 1 percent players all have SA and 3 positions so can't prevent quality gains. Thanks for the arrow idea though. Will add them now!
    Last edited by Sillybq; 01-16-2021 at 06:40 PM.

Addicted
    That's a lovely ability coach! Whoever thought of this offer should be promoted.
    Season 140 - Are you ready?-20210117_143922.jpg
    Der_Ryan_M and HeavensAAA like this.

Nordeus needs to make the upset not so obvious!

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Close league this season, I'm mainly fighting for the Super League

Had to buy a couple of scouts, a ST and a AMR because the attacking power was so low despite the quality, seems I resolved this matter and I can try to fight for the 2 titles and maybe the super cup.

Season 140 - Are you ready?-s140-stat.jpg

Just won the 36th League title and the 15th Super League this morning

Season 140 - Are you ready?-s104.jpg

VFK
    Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by VFK View Post
    8th in the league with 5-0-7 record, my goal difference being +13. Every game I've won I've won with at least 4 goals. 4 of my losses are one-goal losses. I basically lose every narrow game although many times I've had better or equal chances to score. I've lost two games lately simply because of missing headers from corners...
    Some time later my record is 13-1-11, a little better but still 8th and can't move up anymore. Otherwise this season has been pretty good but I lost all 6 games to the teams positioned right above me, 5th to 7th. And four of them I lost with one goal and due to finishing. In one of them I had far better chances, in three others at least equal. Like given a normal variance of finishing quality, the most likely record of these four games would've probably been 2-1-1. Instead I got 0-0-4.

And it's not like I've been a bad goalscorer overall, nor are my defence and goalie bad. I've scored the 4th most and have the 5th best goal difference in the league. Also I've won some points against the top 4 teams because of using my chances better. But whenever there's an important "six points" game, I simply can't convert my chances well and my opponent hardly ever misses. So frustrating. :/

Edit: Now I also lost the Super League final by one goal to the a that beat me in league twice with a one goal margin. Unreal...
    Last edited by VFK; 01-29-2021 at 05:02 PM.

Addicted
    Summary of my 20th season so far. A tanker got in the cup way. I let it slip through my fingers.

Season 140 - Are you ready?-20210130_220343.jpg
    Season 140 - Are you ready?-20210130_220430.jpg
    khris likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast