Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 262
Like Tree133Likes

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: [Official] New Association Tournaments - Live Now - What's new

  1. #171
    Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmytrok View Post
    This is stupid argument. If we are promoted, I want to get more. If we stay in Platinum, I hate the idea, that we get 2 times less. Why? Greedy basterds, I hate then fore that. And will hate forever
    Say that your asso is a top performing one and is always good enough to promote within the top 8. And also assume you all can always finish a 4-round season with 2x 1st finishes, 1x 2nd finish and 1x 3rd finish, so when your team gets promoted to ultimate, your team will receive a total of 172T (2x 47, 1x 43 & 1x 35) instead of the regular 100T you could have earned with staying in platinum in the old system.

    Even if your team only manages to stay in diamond, everyone in the asso would get 110T (2x 30, 1x 27 & 1x 23) with the same set of results, which is still more than the previous 100T.

    How would you get less then? The only reason would be your asso is not good enough, as a whole, to get promoted to any of the top 2 tiers and only manage to stay in the current 3rd tier of the new system. It is common knowledge for platinum associations to have 2x 1st places finish to survive (or as an alternative, 1x 1st & 3x 2nd) in platinum in the old system.

    The idea of earning less than before only shows 1 thing, and we all know why.

    [Official] New Association Tournaments - Live Now - What's new-706376aa-8122-405f-91ed-ddbf672b9e4e.jpeg
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.
    Asso tag: #29GB24 (1st level-8 team record holder) & #AAK65W (2nd level-5 team)

  2. #172
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    9
    This is stupid argument. If they add some additional levels, It means that I was relegated two tears down! Without any fight! I hate them for that. But I hate them more for the fact, that we will get 2 times less for staying in Platinum.
    And I am not even sure that we may stay in Platinum. Our average is 100% and some assos from our group have 140%. There is no chance to be promoted
    Siddharth Singh likes this.

  3. #173
    Famous Der_Ryan_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmytrok View Post
    This is stupid argument. If they add some additional levels, It means that I was relegated two tears down! Without any fight! I hate them for that. But I hate them more for the fact, that we will get 2 times less for staying in Platinum.
    And I am not even sure that we may stay in Platinum. Our average is 100% and some assos from our group have 140%. There is no chance to be promoted
    Like said, what you say may be true for now, but in a few seasons the platinum part will be a walk in the park probably if you are in a good asso. Because before the update being in platinum meant that you can also play vs a top 100 asso with really good players. There was no difference between a 1200 pts asso in platinum and a 2000 pts association. Both could be in the same matchup.
    In a few months all the really good assos will play in ultimate league, so in platinum will only be the not so good associations.

  4. #174
    Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmytrok View Post
    This is stupid argument. If they add some additional levels, It means that I was relegated two tears down! Without any fight! I hate them for that. But I hate them more for the fact, that we will get 2 times less for staying in Platinum.
    And I am not even sure that we may stay in Platinum. Our average is 100% and some assos from our group have 140%. There is no chance to be promoted
    Only the fittest survives and best earns the most. And we fight to prove we are better than the rest to get promoted (Earn it, not given it).

    And plus, average % does not decide the outcome, as the best managers can regularly win against 10%+ quality managers, or even 20%-0+, with superior formation and tactics, along with a better-trained team. Those 140% teams will get drawn to play with assos of similar rating (and you are not playing against those teams in the same draw, let alone those particular 140% asso), so it is puzzling why you feel you need to win against those 140% teams at all.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.
    Asso tag: #29GB24 (1st level-8 team record holder) & #AAK65W (2nd level-5 team)

  5. #175
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    Say that your asso is a top performing one and is always good enough to promote within the top 8. And also assume you all can always finish a 4-round season with 2x 1st finishes, 1x 2nd finish and 1x 3rd finish, so when your team gets promoted to ultimate, your team will receive a total of 172T (2x 47, 1x 43 & 1x 35) instead of the regular 100T you could have earned with staying in platinum in the old system.

    Even if your team only manages to stay in diamond, everyone in the asso would get 110T (2x 30, 1x 27 & 1x 23) with the same set of results, which is still more than the previous 100T.

    How would you get less then? The only reason would be your asso is not good enough, as a whole, to get promoted to any of the top 2 tiers and only manage to stay in the current 3rd tier of the new system. It is common knowledge for platinum associations to have 2x 1st places finish to survive (or as an alternative, 1x 1st & 3x 2nd) in platinum in the old system.

    The idea of earning less than before only shows 1 thing, and we all know why.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	706376AA-8122-405F-91ED-DDBF672B9E4E.jpeg 
Views:	43 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	137153
    Are you sure the tokens earned every week will be multiplied according to the position in the league? The help says it is the association points, not the tokens. If it were as you say, you are right to wait until the end of the season to assess the change, but if not we will earn less no matter where you look

  6. #176
    Pro Sillybq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    877
    I read alot of comments of how the new associations targets tankers. i dont quite get how it will discourage tanking. Tankers can still tank and rejoin a season later with 3x multiplier. They never used to get any tokens the season they tanked anyway. They can just tank more and get a full 11 star team to make up for the additional season in limbo.

    In fact now the opportunity cost is low for those needing a break or want to tank a few seasons. If you cant get into a diamond or ultimate association, it would only be a 40 plus tokens loss in platinum on average per season (assuming one wins enough to stay in plat). Tanking can gain us alot more from daily logins and stuff while saving alot of resources.

    I think we cannot deny the fact that we get less tokens. Players in ultimate are going to be tankers or spenders. Its is just part of their move towards more profits. Nothing wrong with that but it sucks for us. I wont spend more than i can gain from associations so probably cant go very far.

    If nik is tanking, that should be the way to go. It just shows how bad the issues are at the top of the server so best to avoid as long as possible. To me, he was and still is the most credible source of information. He encouraged saving rather than spending just to compete. The best lesson in the game is budgeting but tanking works too.
    Last edited by Sillybq; 04-30-2021 at 03:38 AM.
    Altiplano and Siddharth Singh like this.

  7. #177
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by miloren View Post
    Are you sure the tokens earned every week will be multiplied according to the position in the league? The help says it is the association points, not the tokens. If it were as you say, you are right to wait until the end of the season to assess the change, but if not we will earn less no matter where you look
    He did not write that...

  8. #178
    Spanish Forum Moderator khris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,669
    Quote Originally Posted by miloren View Post
    Are you sure the tokens earned every week will be multiplied according to the position in the league? The help says it is the association points, not the tokens. If it were as you say, you are right to wait until the end of the season to assess the change, but if not we will earn less no matter where you look
    Tokens are delivered each week, depending on the tournament performance, you only can be 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th as usual.
    There is nothing that multiply tokens depending on your League position.

  9. #179
    Famous Der_Ryan_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido van den Berg View Post
    Who can give me more information?

    Other Platinum managers, do you see the same number of promotors and relegators?
    Anyone from Nordeus, will this stay the same in future seasons?
    Hi Guido,

    in Gold I 1-12 get promoted and 45-64 relegated.

  10. #180
    Famous
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    I read alot of comments of how the new associations targets tankers. i dont quite get how it will discourage tanking. Tankers can still tank and rejoin a season later with 3x multiplier. They never used to get any tokens the season they tanked anyway. They can just tank more and get a full 11 star team to make up for the additional season in limbo.

    In fact now the opportunity cost is low for those needing a break or want to tank a few seasons. If you cant get into a diamond or ultimate association, it would only be a 40 plus tokens loss in platinum on average per season (assuming one wins enough to stay in plat). Tanking can gain us alot more from daily logins and stuff while saving alot of resources.

    I think we cannot deny the fact that we get less tokens. Players in ultimate are going to be tankers or spenders. Its is just part of their move towards more profits. Nothing wrong with that but it sucks for us. I wont spend more than i can gain from associations so probably cant go very far.

    If nik is tanking, that should be the way to go. It just shows how bad the issues are at the top of the server so best to avoid as long as possible. To me, he was and still is the most credible source of information. He encouraged saving rather than spending just to compete. The best lesson in the game is budgeting but tanking works too.
    But the problem is that your multiplier will be 1x and if you promote every season in top 3 of League it will be 3x... so that will be a big difference in the amount points a FA can make.....
    So for me in the Top there will be more people who spent real money and also people who are really smart too use their resources they get for free from the daily loginetc.

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast