Page 158 of 245 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 2445
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: Season 41

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post
    I d like to see how you'd have fun onto going for the cup vs lv6 teams with respectively Q59.9 (wided between reserves too) and 63. Not fun, granted. Ultimately it all comes down to the server you play, if you re on a new server, and to the cup sort selection if you are on old servers. Any lv20-21 t buyer woulda have had an avg 8* or 9* team facing july. Which might be fun a couple of times, but not every season. In my case, i ll have those two personal trainers tards over and over and over abusing their cc cup for me is not much more than a challenge untill quarters. Just think thet FC Barcelona (alex) has 14 players in squad. Not even a spare keeper. Just a dc/dr/dl one mc and one st. All the rest comes from red packs purchased to keep the top eleven out of injuries.
    Huh? Im lvl 6 myself and have been playing against much better opposition despite being on the same lvl or not. The only team's that manage to qualify to the final-eight are T-buyers (players from 6* to 8/9*).

And there are none Q59.9 on my server. Dynamo Swag is Q57,9 and that's the "best" team you can find (probably on lvl 6 as well) The rest of the opposition with 7-8* players in their team (Orchard Utd,FC Köln, Man Utd and myself etc) are all eliminated. Only DS and 7 other teams with 5-6* players are left (which is wierd).

You can't compare players/managers who play on the old resp new servers. The odds and prerequisites aren't the same for all.
    Last edited by Ljepoje; 06-17-2013 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Pic added
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rath View Post
    If you are at level 2 getting youth players is not that useful. The premium one is a fast developer, but costs a lot of tokens. The free one is for free, but has 1* or 2* quality, so it is very unlikely you find a buyer for him. But continue upgrading your academy, from league level 4 onwards you will find buyers for your free one and the youth academy produces some money. The premium ones are probably good at higher levels, because you only have to spend tokens, but no money. They grow very fast, but at lower levels you usually can get good developers for reasonable prices.
    i signed a 24 T player today(my sub account has nothing to do with token) and i found that he is slower than my player in 1st team. So, i think searching in the TM is better at low level
    the free one took about 150k lol. no one by him but i did my self lol
    Last edited by tongly45; 06-17-2013 at 08:52 PM.
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

lost 3-1 in cup match ) it look like the season is end for me,
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    Huh? Im lvl 6 myself and have been playing against much better opposition despite being on the same lvl or not. The only team's that manage to qualify to the final-eight are T-buyers (players from 6* to 8/9*).

And there are none Q59.9 on my server. Dynamo Swag is Q57,9 and that's the "best" team you can find (probably on lvl 6 as well) The rest of the opposition with 7-8* players in their team (Orchard Utd,FC Köln, Man Utd and myself etc) are all eliminated. Only DS and 7 other teams with 5-6* players are left (which is wierd).

You can't compare players/managers who play on the old resp new servers. The odds and prerequisites aren't the same for all.
    nope mate you got me totally wrong. I was comparing the "having fun" you described with having to have ALWAIS the two regular power-players in your cup every season with capability way beyond the normal players and t buyers, hence having to fight a "already lost" battle at least on charts. Respectively:

where every season over and over (unless you park the bus couple of seasons) you will fight players with a main eleven avg 15Q over the already hugely invested t-buyer teams (like mine, ie, or kaiserslauten).

That's what i meant: until you fight equal opposition or even 4-5Q over you i rekon it's really really fun. Altho when your Q55 t buyer team is up against a Q70 of the same level, EVERY SEASON, is it really fun? Would it be fun for you to fight your way to the cup final four knowing you'll have alwais a 15Q disavantage versus two teams over countless and countless seasons? Your case is different, where the best team apart yours wasn't that far from your quality, as well as the other ones were pretty much on par as well.

That's why i said that for new servers it all come down to luck to either have a real fun cup or just a "win till you can then know you won't go any further". That's a limit to how skilled you can play against 15 Q difference. As matter of fact only a Troll usually makes you through.

As for July, my example was simplier: as i said for old servers, depends on the initial draw. July was sorted with higher levels team which tho had an average of 4*/5* and max 6* players within their ranks, which were 5*,6* and 7* for July. But would a token buyer one or two levels higher than July have a team of about the same amount of tokens spent on training as July, he would have a 10* (hypotetical) team against and i don't know how much fun would be to fight a 130Q team when you are 118 and almost the top of your level.
    Ljepoje likes this.

LEAGUE ROUND 14

July Fourth 2-1 nakompathom fc

July Fourth 118.8 3-5-2 V, then 30 mins 3-1-4-2, then 50 mins 3-1 -2-3W-1 - nakompathom 114.5 3W-1-3W-1-2

This game was just as big as Tomorrows show down between ourselves and Batigo United, nakompathom have emerged as outsiders to win the title by being just 2 points off the top of the league at midway point of the season and not surprisingly they showed us why they are not far behind in the table because we struggled against them, nakompathom were creating the early chances and nearly took the lead immediately, so we had to change our shape by bring our wingers back to try an boss the midfield, we began to create chances with Stuart and Michu presenting a chance to score but failed to convert, nakompathom against the run of play finally took the lead early in the second half when Ramdani breaking behind our defence and passing to Gillet to score for an easy goal, we then changed our formation to the formation we beat Benca with and brought on Miku with Mensah and Kareski to breathe some fresh legs into our midfield and pushed Vestergaard and O'Sullivan back up to wingers, this paid off... Just, Mensah had a free-kick but it bounced off the way for a corner and it was wasted, O'Sullivan then got the ball, beat a defender and ran into the box and smashed it past the keeper for our equaliser, July Fourth were now the ones applying the pressure for the winner and after Miku and Mensah both had a shot blocked, eventually Papaleo on recieved the long ball and ran with it and chipped it over the keeper and got us back in front, we then had 10 minutes to withstand a nakomphatom attack firstly Mahood shot from 25 meters to be blocked by Hogan and a nakomphatom corner was caught by Knight and a last minute Rosengren attack was cut out by Hogan.

Goals: Gillet (48) O'Sullivan (64) Papaleo (80) MOTM: Vestergaard.

Team Talk: That was a very fortunate win for us here as our opponents should of deserved at least a draw since they were the better team in this contest and we got out of jail to be fair, a loss here would of actually seen us drop to 3rd in the league and would of been 3 points behind Batigo going into that massive game against Batigo tomorrow, but we are level on points with Batigo but we have inferior goal difference by 4 goals. I feel that nothing but a win against Batigo tomorrow will be enough to send us towards winning another league title. A draw tomorrow wouldn't be a disaster since we are the away team and maintaining status quo would not be too bad and it would be pressure on Batigo to try and keep ahead of us in the race, but if we lose tomorrow against Batigo then it will put Batigo in a position in where it would be their league to lose. Just like I re-arranged this game by putting KO back by 6 1/2 hours due to the Benca cup tie and allow by squad sometime to regain condition, Batigo United have used their option to re-arrange KO time in our clash and they set it at 3.40pm UK, thats normally around our window for our home games so we are more than happy with it.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Monday.

LEAGUE. Round 14. LONDON CITY (81.1) v ABSOLUBE FC (82.9)

Result: LONDON 1-0 ABSOLUBE
    Goals: Daniels 82
    M.o.M: Andreas Costa

We scraped another win today against yet another of the higher quality teams, which also means we've done the double over them. The only goal came late on, when Jack Daniels fired a shot into the corner of the net. Unsung hero, Andreas Costa put in another fine performance in our defence.

CITY: Miklosko, Costa, Fiksdal, Watts, Rabus, Andersson, Santos, Hori (Zola), Daniels, Yashin, Robins.

Season 41-costa.jpgANDREAS COSTA
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Royal Rumble Cup, Quarter Finals, First Leg

Another palpitation match in our cup night where we went from hell to paradise in a bunch of minutes. We started off with a 3-1-4-2 and we were looking to check how far we could take the challenge before switching to a more offensive setup (3-4-1-2), but since the first minute we seemed to hold pretty much perfectly also being way more dangerous than our opponent which had to retaliate only with two counters gone nuff. As alwais, at the moment of highest peak of pressure from our side, when we earned 2 corners and we were waiting the right chanche, their ST drunk away our whole defense (no sign of actions, just "gets away with the ball") and shoot for the first blood (33'). Playing home and one down, we didn't falter and 2 minutes after we righteously claimed the equalizer when Stark (more and more decisive each day) imitated their forward just to serve a perfect cross to Romer which tapped it in (35').
    In the second half we well decided it was time to pull out the rabbit from the hat and we got rid of Johnny Blaze (dmc) entering Aloui on the left and moving Banner on the middle shaping our 3-5-2 Flat. From minute 46 to 49 we feared to have done a great mistake as the pressure was slowly turning on us, but then suddenly we woke up and we earned meters and meters of field hugely invading their defense. Few moments after Clark Kent broke through and served the fresh Aloui who without any second thought rocketed it in (57'). We also had Bergera in for Kent who was fastly tiring, and just in the end Schneider for Hutton. In all honesty we dominated the second half and in the last 5 mins, when Alushi injured for them, we even filled the pressure bar despite all our efforts being defused by their defense/keeper. A great victory, but that away goal is heavy. We will need at least to score once away to settle this.

Scorers: M.Idrissou, J.Romer, M.Aloui.
    MoM: J.Romer (9), New Team.
    Raykco, July Fourth and Ljepoje like this.

Think I've just done something that's not really in the spirit of the game.

I got the pop-up to advise me that a friend's match was just starting. Now I know that they are no longer playing and their team is abandoned, so I clicked to watch, out of curiosity. The team was playing away, obviously, and when I joined, 30 minutes had been played, and the other manager had already made 7 substitutions. Obviously he was playing the match to earn packs. So I cheekily "supported" my friend's team, to bring down the other guys possession. My neighbours team won 2-0, so the other manager lost out on his win bonus packs too.

WHOOPS.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Addicted
    that Barcelona legend only team looks nice
    pnr8555 likes this.
    League: 1st - 1st - 3rd - 2nd - 2nd - 1st - 3rd - 1st - 3rd - 2nd
    CL: x - Ro16 - 2nd - Ro4 - Ro8 - 2nd - 2nd - Ro16 - 1st
    Cup: x - Ro8 - 1st - Playoffs - Preliminary - Qualifying - Preliminary - Playoffs - Qualifying - Ro8

███████████
    ███████████
    ███████████

Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    Think I've just done something that's not really in the spirit of the game.

I got the pop-up to advise me that a friend's match was just starting. Now I know that they are no longer playing and their team is abandoned, so I clicked to watch, out of curiosity. The team was playing away, obviously, and when I joined, 30 minutes had been played, and the other manager had already made 7 substitutions. Obviously he was playing the match to earn packs. So I cheekily "supported" my friend's team, to bring down the other guys possession. My neighbours team won 2-0, so the other manager lost out on his win bonus packs too.

WHOOPS.
    Lol... yeah I wouldn't worry about it, I have a few friends and a random friendly occasionly pops up and the first thing you think is... SUPPORT.
    Raykco likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*