Page 23 of 245 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: Season 41

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Breaking News - 2 U21 Players Signed

Remember I said there was only 3 young players that were Nordeus Gens and were U21 this morning? Well... Here is 2 of them.

This was a bidding war where I was actually going to stop after KO 21, but the other guy stopped at KO R19, we would of liked this player to of been a bit younger but he trains in the 40/80/120 range and we can give him 1v1 stopper and get him to 7* in the next couple of days...

We already changed his name to Randy Knight... Well when the forum league 2013 started up, we actually found a player that was server generated and was called Randy Knight, so I thought, I better use that name at some time. There was a real life Goalkeeper called Richard Knight, so since both begins with R and ends in Knight, I'll use as a GK.

The second player was a 'MUST GET' and to be fair, I probably would of fighted for about 50 KO Rounds for this player due to the lack of availability of good nordeus gens, we checked out any rival bids before weighing up our attack, there was a guy that entered the bidding that had a team quality marginally higher than ours, but as the bidding begun he disappeared after KO R2, that was a huge relief because I felt I could of gone on and lost a lot of T here, but it ended at a very good vale at KO R17. He is our next major project after Michu vs Michu. before you say it... No he won't be 9* (or he may get there at age 20 or 21) as I press on.

I already named him Alessio Pietropaolo, Why? because this is a guy that scores my goals on a different online football manager I started to play again after a few years of quitting. And on that game he scores a ridiculous amount of goals/game it's silly and totally unrealistic.

I'm undecided, free-kicks or 1v1? what you think, I'll most likely PT him both AML/ML or AML/AMR. with AML first, he trains at the same speeds as the keeper 40/80/120. He is an exceptional purchase for me with all these T I have hanging around at the moment.

Oh and what happened to the 3rd young 5* generated player, he was a DR/DMR, we weren't in for that so we let him go.
    Give him 1-on-1 striker.
    Ljepoje and July Fourth like this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

I have just been promoted to level 4. i sold my one-star players yesterday, and I now have 19 players, mostly 2 or 3 stars, but only 3.4 million Dollars and 12 tokens left. I have been outbid on all the auctions, to buy 4 and 5 star players. I even got outbid on a 3-star one.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rath View Post
    I would not worry about much higher level managers in cup. They let their teams rot and most of them are inactive.
    Only the ones who lower they quality on purpose and increase their team quality on their transfer market are to watch out.
    They all have higher quality.. and i really dunno what i should do against
    4-1-2-1-2 but whatever.. lets see..

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    Give him 1-on-1 striker.
    I agree! I always put Džeko or Jovetić as FK + PK takers. They score 2 of 3 times!
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

There is a quite good 18yr old DC (Đorđe Miljković) on the TM, only 2SKP from becoming a 6* ... Would have place a bid if I didn't bought Nastasić already... But then again, Nastasić is much better: 18 yr old DC/DMC + SA (PK) and a 6* already.

Will be a bidding war for this guy, I recognize mostly of them (familiar faces). Will follow this one
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

ROYAL RUMBLE CUP - 1ST ROUND - 1ST LEG

July Fourth 4-2 Schalke 04

July Fourth 113.1 Dandelion - Schalke 04 114.7 4-4-2 Classic

You know what, I'm still looking for players on the transfer market and theres nothing there now... RING! RING! Hello! "THE MATCH!" What Match? "THE MATCH, You know the Royal Rumble Cup..." Arrgghhh... ****!!! and I had to dash from my desk from the office to catch the game, thankfully I made it just in-time as July Fourth were on the attack in the 3rd minute of the game and Just as I make it to the dugout, there was a huge roar from the crowd because Miku had already scored from just inside the penalty area... I was paying no attention to the RR Cup because we normally lose... But things could of got better on 10 minutes when Papaleo broke clear and put it wide, July Fourth were playing the football they should of done on friday gone. It took another 20 mins or so until Papaleo made up from the earlier mistake to play a perfect pass to Michu and that put us 2up... 6 minutes later and Miku scored again... someone pinch me, this can't be happening... Just after the restart new signing Stuart had a short pulled wide for a corner and Michu wasted it, but we got another corner soon and Michu crossed into O'Sullivan to make it 4-0... BUT this is the RR Cup remember and not the old format... Our 6* opponents came back into it late and got a goal when Ramirez gave away a daft free-kick and Trutnovsky played a perfect cross to Delgado for an away goal, even at 4-1 we would of been delighted and looked like heading through to Round 2, but our opponents nicked a last minute goal that put them back in the tie when McNamara made an error and we were hit on the counter with Butufei passing to Trutnovsky to tap in and make it 4-2. All of a sudden its game on tomorrow night to qualify.

Goals: Miku (3,39) Michu (33) O'Sullivan (54) Delgado (76) Trutnovsky (89) MOTM: Hogan.

Bit stupid to give away 2 goals like this after being in complete control and looked like winning by more, but non the less, we still have a good chance of qualifying for the next round.
    Ljepoje and dv8r like this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Followed these 2 players on the auctions, and both of them went into a bidding war. The first auction was won by a German player, the same guy I tried to buy that 18yr old "Sebastian Fuss" 2 seasons ago. He won after 37KO-rounds and payed 44M. He has a 27M deficit now.

The second auction was the player I mentioned earlier (Đorđe Miljković). This auction went to 44KO-rounds and the "winner" (also German) payed a price of 66.1M!!!!!! He has +24.5M left on the account after taking a loan.

I bet 50T that the TM will refresh any minute from now since there are only 5 - 6 players left.
    Last edited by Ljepoje; 06-02-2013 at 12:09 PM.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

Breaking News: July Fourth Power Training Programme

New Signings

Malik 118 -> 120
    Childs 118 -> 120
    Stuart 119 -> 120
    Pietropaolo 114 -> 120 + 1v1 + AML/AMR
    Knight 112 -> 120 + 1v1 stopper

Existing Squad Players

Ramirez 120 -> 123
    Hogan 120 -> 123
    O'Sullivan 120 -> 123
    Michu 120 -> 123
    Miku 128 -> 134 (MAX End Season)

If there is more greens lift we will bring Knight and Pietropaolo to 123 quality, then bring players on 123 towards 8*
    Ljepoje likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Addicted

exactly what I am looking for, a good DC/DR
    League: 1st - 1st - 3rd - 2nd - 2nd - 1st - 3rd - 1st - 3rd - 2nd
    CL: x - Ro16 - 2nd - Ro4 - Ro8 - 2nd - 2nd - Ro16 - 1st
    Cup: x - Ro8 - 1st - Playoffs - Preliminary - Qualifying - Preliminary - Playoffs - Qualifying - Ro8

███████████
    ███████████
    ███████████

"I DON'T BELIEVE IT" as Victor Meldrew would say.

I've just seen my Champs League group, and I'm in with Pto Alcudia, who beat me for the league title on goal difference last season.
    July Fourth and Ljepoje like this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33