Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree232Likes

Thread: Road to Success - How to Win the Cup

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Yes, those academy players you see in my pic (27,29,30 y.o.) aren't 1* but -4*, -6*, -7*
    Those are the real "key" players - lol
    Niddhoeggr likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Haha yeah, I'll have to gather them over the time. They do help a lot to reduce the strength I guess.

Best,
    Nidd

Heh my A team right now, after an intensive few seasons is hitting 140+ ratings & the oldest of the lot are a couple of 24, 25 yo, with the bulk U23. So unlikely that I'll be able to implement this right away, as I've worked hard to get them to where they are. I love my digital pixels & can't cut them ruthlessly ! xD

I'll try this on a 2nd team that I'm usually too lazy to operate & check how it goes. For my first team, I suppose I'll continue drawing tankers & ridiculously high rated teams till my team is too old to maintain. -_-

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Day 26 of the season and a day before the contest vs Mourinho's team is over.
    Here you can see the general avg of the team with 7 low q academy players (plus two academy players of this season which I intend to sell tomorrow).
    The quality of the 11th squad is near to 7*, I played and won the Cup final vs a lv below team and tomorrow also I 'm playing vs a -1 lv team in CH.L. final.
    League is secure (before 7-8 days), treble is on the table (if not get a hard troll )

Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-mou-day-26-quality.jpg
    madflo19, brolly, dsio and 2 others like this.

I wanted to thank all of you who are in charge of creating guides as interesting as this one. Thanks to them I have managed to win the league and for the first time also the cup. The treble was near
    Niddhoeggr likes this.

I have to agree with keta! I've learned a lot here in the forums! So thank you as well.

@Nik: Just one more question: Do you think it is worthwile to drop the strength of my best 14 players from 113% to 95%? I know I wrote before that I will try it but it does hurt a little bit to toss them out of the team and simultaneously not to be sure whether it will have a significant impact on the draw. ^^

Thanks in advance!

Best,
    Nidd
    Last edited by Niddhoeggr; 08-18-2017 at 12:05 PM.
    FC Dacia Terra likes this.

really don't know.
    I suppose it depends from luck, which lv and server you are.
    Another approach of winning the treble is to have a very strong team and some extra sources.
    For example I have a reserve team at lv one. Staying there on purpose, playing only for the Cup and associations.
    (I 'm just waiting at some time to activate it again but not soon).
    This team has a basic 12th squad of 130%.
    In the league I could be the top dog, the same in the Cup where I 'm facing teams from lv2 but not stronger than mine.
    In CH.L. there is a possibility to face a strong active team and get disqualified.
    Also as happened to Palash Mitra , to face a strong tanking team or an (asso) tanking team in the Cup.
    But if you are facing many good active teams, it's very possible to have a bad day/a bad role dice or just loose concentration which is the most important.
    (for example when I 'm playing in an easy league, doesn't matter if I didn't had the time to switch my 11th squad and play with the same 11 tired players. But in a competitive league, it's something you could pay for).

Anyway, it's a matter of philosophy - lol
    I believe a logic target for every good, active manager is to win for once the treble.
    Then, maybe two more trebles so to get the achievement (LV1 is one treble, LV2 is 3 trebles, LV3 is 10 trebles).
    After that you can play as you want as 10 trebles is for hardcore players.
    Like me hahaha
    I started at levels 2-3-4 with doubles , loosing in quarter or semi-finals of the cup for teams 2 levels above.
    Then Beckstar started this thread so I won my 1st treble at lv5.
    Then, I kept running, like Forest Gumb.
    he started running and arrived at West (Pacific) coast and then he turned around and started running till the East (Atlantic) coast.
    And then one day he stopped - lol.
    So I won 10 trebles, now two more as I 'm going for another 10.
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 08-19-2017 at 08:52 AM.

So, back to business
    I won the treble (the 12th)

My CH.L. final was a tough one even if my opponent was one lv bellow and almost 1,5-2* difference.
    But he is good manager, active and present in the game.
    Scored two goals in the beginning and had to make magic things to won the game.
    Really the quality difference cannot secure any game, specially if opponent manager is good and present .
    I also won once a team +3* in a cup final.

Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-treble-12.jpg

So, after my CH.L. and as League is secure, I started selling some players.
    Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-team-d27-sell.jpg

I start early as in auto selling there is some delay if you have to sell many players so I don't want to risk it tomorrow at night still having many high q players in the squad.

I know, it's hard to sell some good players.
    Zico, a star
    Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-sell-zico.jpg

Jansen, is a player I bought from the scout (55 tokens).
    He did his job and now must go.
    It was a successful investment - that's the most important.

Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-sell-jansen-scout.jpg

* Beckstar (who wrote this guide) and me are in the same asso group so he loan me 3 players to play our tournament

So after selling, the team finished with 8 high q players and 7 low (but 6 of them count for the 14th squad)

Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-team-q-last-day-3.jpg

This gives 68% q for the basic team

Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-team-q-last-day-2.jpg

so the first day of the season, with those 7* players (who are 6* now) and the new players I bought, I have ready a 6* team against some opponents -1lv (and *)
    Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-draw-1.jpg

But if you see the quality of the teams, you can observe that even we have one star quality, the number of q of the teams is near (185 vs 177) so I still must be very concentrate

Road to Success - How to Win the Cup-draw-2.jpg
    Niddhoeggr and dsio like this.

I've won the 5th treble, and surely Im not going to stop untill 10 😃

Trimis de pe al meu SM-A510F folosind Tapatalk

Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast