Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Training Regimes for Positions

@Toxcatl
    Why not? do you think the distribution should be more even? or is is because the gray skill %?

Quote Originally Posted by justcallmeupik View Post
    @Toxcatl
    Why not? do you think the distribution should be more even? or is is because the gray skill %?
    I believe distribution should be less even.
    I think that if you want your players to be effective, you don't need to train all the white skills, especially if the player has several positions. Obviously, having all the white skills on the same level won't hurt, but I believe it is better to concentrate on some of them, and let the rest be on their own. Well, maybe sometimes do a few trainings just to push them up a little bit.

But to be honest, this is where science meets magic: I don't have a proof. But even if you don't agree with me on this, you should agree that any white skill is more important, than a grey one, right? But why trying to shove every white skills in one training schedule wasting XP on grey skill in the process? It is way better to concentrate on some skills with most effective drills, and then do other skills.
    And why having 9.75% Condition loss (CL) in every schedule? What kind of voodoo is that?

This is how I train my guys, let's take ST as an example.
    Magic part: I train my ST concentrating on Dribbling, Finishing and Speed; Shooting won't harm too.
    Science part: I'm choosing drills that train these skills with maximum efficiency, I simply divide experience by condition loss.
    Even if you think all the white skills are equally important, the recipe of choosing right drills stays the same.

Look at this:
    Training Regimes for Positions-marzouq.jpg

Right 4 columns are efficiency (XP/CL) of chosen skills. Divide the numbers by 100 to get amount of XP that goes to corresponding skill for every 1% of CL. Blue cells indicates maximum (or nearly maximum) efficiency; these drills I'm gonna choose: Skill Drill, Shooting Technique and Carioca With Ladders. Before training I check what the player needs more, then I choose a drill and make schedule with 6x of it. Next time I probably will choose different drill. But I only use these three drills for this ST.
    Note that Carioca is also training a grey skill. But efficiency (for Speed) of this drill is awesome, just look at that 91.7! Maybe it's better to use Long Run (it has the same efficiency as Carioca if their levels are equal). Or maybe PG&S, it's not that effective for training Speed, but it doesn't have grey skills at all.

I choose skills and do the same calculation for every player individually; many of them get the same set of drills.

To get all this info I'm using my tool, ITP, you can find the link in my signature. Alas, it doesn't calculate efficiency (what you see on the picture above is unreleased version), so if you're going to use ITP, you'll have to calculate efficiency manually. But experience is calculating correctly, depending on grey and white skills and level of your drills.

If you have any questions, shoot.
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 01-12-2017 at 03:34 PM.
    It wasn't our day.

very interesting read. I agree that white skill is not equally important, for ST I like to focus training shooting, finishing, heading first and dribble speed str second.
    I do have some experience with player that his white skill not even, I train this DC/DR until his his tackling positioning bravery around 190% marking 150% but everything else fall behind around 100% and he just perform badly every game while the other defender perform better with their white skill only 100-120%, so I decide to train the rest of his white to 120-130% and after that he start perform better. Idk if this is just coincidence or not but from then on I always make sure the other attribute not fall behind too much.

*deleted*
    Last edited by Souness; 08-25-2017 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Incappable of deleting post

well, i don't always train my player one by one,

i just make sure i selected 8 defender in one time for defensive training

and all the midfielder and striker for attacking training

i guess i will try your training regime someday

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12