Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Testing: does individual skills matter?

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryC View Post

It seems to give credit to my intuition that the global q%/ star rating can be misleading.
    That's part of my "mental game", I think every team is thrown off by my formation and meager attacking %. In my cup and CL matches, my +1 level opponents will see me having like 50%Q attacking... It's easy to underestimate, easy to overlook the goal scoring rate of my attackers, or that my midfield also accounts for a lot of attacking effort.

Similarly, I assume some people look at 4411 or 4141 and assume I'll play pure central attacking or low defending, respectively. I really have come to like playing an "ambiguous" formation.
    Last edited by LeManiaque; 03-17-2017 at 01:15 PM.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

Rookie

Testing: does individual skills matter?

That's smart. Nice power of unbalanced skills.
    How do you keep players with high white skills beyond 22yo? Shoot them up to 8* or 9* when they are 21 then let's them land slowly season after season, or do you power train them every season?
    Last edited by LarryC; 03-19-2017 at 08:27 AM.

Famous
    It depends on the resources I've got and the form and effectiveness of the player over the few seasons I've played him.

I buy 18-19, and anyone who is making a real impact I'll get to 120 when he's 21 years. If he's good, but replaceable, it'll be under 120, we can win without him. I've had a few players higher in the mid 120s when they were clearly special at age 19-20, so they get to 120 then and still have year 21 to win MoM, train with high efficiency, and get back over 120 quickly.

I like having a few, 1-3 starting 11 players who can be fast trained and are known to be reliable starters, in case of wanting to bump team Q up. But if the season is clinched, like I'll win league but out of cup and cl, why bother. I'll hold resources one season to the next until there's a good option for it.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

Rookie
    I did that with my star player at 21yo, he's got indeed very unbalanced skills at 24yo, 97%q. I'll see what it gives when he get to 26-27. Hope I won't have to give him too many serious training sessions (admittedly I pushed him a few q% this season).
    Thanks for having shared your method.

My testing team is 60%. Mourinho, with whom I play friendlies, is 82.2%.
    But sometimes my guys manage to get a draw. That means extra time, more condition loss, ruined results and a wasted day...

Also, message №444
    It wasn't our day.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123