Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Testing: does individual skills matter?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Testing: do individual skills matter?

One of the main question of this game is the following: do the individual skills of a player matter or do the average values in each category play the role instead?

After this discussion I made a desicion to test it in, you know, scientific way. This is a tricky thing though. It could be that some skills matter while other are pure cosmetic, and I don't know how to test every skill. But I have an idea how to test Fitness. It suppose to reduce Condition Loss during the game, doesn't it?

First hypothesis:
    The higher Fitness skill, the less Condition Loss (CL).

Second hypothesis:
    The higher average value in Physical & Mental (AvgPM), the less Condition Loss.

Two players with the same position, same age, same quality, but different average value in Physical & Mental (AvgPM) and different Fitness should have different total Condition Loss (CL) after a several games.

For that testing I have two Chilean señores:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arriagada.PNG 
Views:	197 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	77749

Name:	jimenez.PNG 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	77752

I also have this Polish pan to control wtf is happening. He is going to have high Fitness and high AvgPM and therefore should have low CL:

Name:	Wieczorek.PNG 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	77747

Their age is different, but not that much. I don't have better candidates, so let's hope that CL is not affected by age strong enough to ruin the results.
    I am going to train the Chileans so they have equal quality, but Jiménez is going to have high Fitness and low AvgPM, while Arriagada -- low Fitness and high AvgPM. After that I am going to put all three of them on the field for 8-10 games to count and compare their total CL.

If Jiménez will have low CL, that will mean Fitness is working individually. We won't be able to say that any skill works individually, but this theory will get some evidence by it's side.
    If Arriagada will have low CL, that will mean AvgPM matters instead of Fitness, and skills are cosmetic.
    If the Chileans will have the same CL, and Wieczorek will have low CL, that will mean... hm... both Fitness and AvgPM matter?
    If all of them will have the same CL, that will mean nothing matters. Guten Tag Herr Nietzsche! =]

Comments? Questions? Criticism? Please, do me a favor, don't be shy.
    And stay tuned.
    Last edited by Toxcatl; 03-30-2018 at 05:41 PM.
    It wasn't our day.