View Poll Results: Do you see this thread deserve to be sticky?

Voters
304. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, deserve to be sticky.

278 91.45%
  • No, should be as it is.

26 8.55%
Page 36 of 200 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
Like Tree159Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How to Win Against Any Formation?

I won the last game away 2-1 Thanks for the advice.

For the home leg, I see my opponent has switched to 4-5-1 formation, with a very strong emphasis on midfield.

He's lining up as:

DL -----DC-----DC-------DR
    ML-----MC----MC----MC----MR
    -------------ST--------------

I'm betting one of his MC has an arrow up, and that's the danger guy. I'm at home this leg. Should I attack him or sit on counter? What instructions should I use and which formation?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by iradical View Post
    Any idea how to beat this formation?
    DL DC DC DR
    DMC
    MC MC MC
    ST ST
    Its like the 4-1-3-2 but i saw you only posted the wide one?sorry if i didn't see correctly lol
    like he said but with these orders :
    normal mentality .. whole pitch ... down both flanks ... counter attacks ... offside trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoggie View Post
    With this
    DC-DC-DC
    DMC
    ML-MC-MR
    AMC
    ST-ST

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pacey View Post
    hi my next opponent has this formation, away game , had a 9-0 win today cheers adel top info.

dl dc dc dr
    mc mc mc
    amc
    st st
    3-1-4-1-1

DC-DC-DC
    DMC
    ML-MC-MC-MR
    AMC
    ST

and you can replace one Mc with striker if your team better than him
    normal mentality if he is like or better than you ... own half ... down both flanks ... long passing ... counter attack ... no offside .

also you can use 4 5 1 V stile motivated and with the same previous orders

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joeleyf View Post
    I won the last game away 2-1 Thanks for the advice.

For the home leg, I see my opponent has switched to 4-5-1 formation, with a very strong emphasis on midfield.

He's lining up as:

DL -----DC-----DC-------DR
    ML-----MC----MC----MC----MR
    -------------ST--------------

I'm betting one of his MC has an arrow up, and that's the danger guy. I'm at home this leg. Should I attack him or sit on counter? What instructions should I use and which formation?
    3-5-2 against the 4-5-1 flat would be best used with long passing with zonal marking. Attacking tactics should be focused on long balls. This requires a forward with good pace and speed.

you can also replace one mc with one AMC because he don't have DMC and by this way you can break the offside trap .

orders : normal mentality ... whole pitch ... try long passing and if it didn't work good change it to mixed if you watching the game ... counter attack ... offside trap because he don't have any AML/C/R.

and good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Adel Gamal View Post
    3-5-2 against the 4-5-1 flat would be best used with long passing with zonal marking. Attacking tactics should be focused on long balls. This requires a forward with good pace and speed.

you can also replace one mc with one AMC because he don't have DMC and by this way you can break the offside trap .

orders : normal mentality ... whole pitch ... try long passing and if it didn't work good change it to mixed if you watching the game ... counter attack ... offside trap because he don't have any AML/C/R.

and good luck
    Hey Adel

So I should be playing a DMR/DML or ML/MR? I think I do not have the players for DMR and DML and I'm thinking instead to go:

DL----DC-----DC-----DR
    ----MC-----MC----
    AML------AMC------AMR
    ----------ST-----------

What do you reckon? How does your version of 3-5-2 actually line up?

I need a formation to beat 4-2-1-2-1 of
    DL-DC-DC-DR
    DMC-DMC
    MC
    AML-AMR
    ST
    Now 2 teams play this way in my league and both are unbeaten any help thanks.

Apprentice
    there is some bad advice on formations here, it seems nobody knows what they are talking about. it appears a lot of you simply throw up formations out there, without knowing exactly why a certain formation counters another formation.

the game also has a design flaw in regards to illegal formations so you can exploit it to your fullest
    Last edited by Rapyer; 12-24-2012 at 10:48 PM.

Do you normally generalise, or like fishing.
    Adel Gamal likes this.
    Level 1,2,3,4,5,6 League winners

Level 1,2,3,5 CL Winners

Level 4 CL runner up.

Level 2,3,4 Cup winners

P267 W244 D2 L11 GF1024 GA91

Quote Originally Posted by Rapyer View Post
    there is some bad advice on formations here, it seems nobody knows what they are talking about. it appears a lot of you simply throw up formations out there, without knowing exactly why a certain formation counters another formation.

the game also has a design flaw in regards to illegal formations so you can exploit it to your fullest

Perhaps you should enlighten us with your experience on formations then.
    Adel Gamal likes this.

Apprentice
    i already typed it up and posted it, but then i realised everyone would simply start abusing it and it would ruin the game, so i edited it out. adel has the general idea, kudos to him, but he is not using the game rules to the fullest
    Last edited by Rapyer; 12-24-2012 at 11:10 PM.