Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 59
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: A question for players on high lvl... How do you think about "counter formations"?

  1. #11
    Rookie Jan Daněk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    Logically, attacking and force counter attack should not be used together. But, this game seems to be so unrealistic at times. So, it may have worked for minz90.
    Yeah, it can work, but its nonsense...attacking is best with short passing and no counter
    Currently season 17 - level 17

    League Winners (12) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16
    League Runner-up (3) - Levels 5, 13, 15
    League 3rd place (1) - Level 8

    26-0-0 league (1) - Level 4
    Champions League Winners (8) - Levels 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16
    Champions League Finalist (2) - Levels 13, 14

    Cup Winners (3) - Levels 1, 4, 15
    Cup Finalist - Level 13

    TEAM HISTORY


  2. #12
    Famous Qambu Yaasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,198
    Personally I don't believe in counter formations as I believe if you are good enough, ppl should counter you...

    Also, I've won the league by playing "attacking, force counter attack, hard tackling", so there's no wrong or right in terms of orders as long as it works for u.
    Jan Daněk and Cat Harrison like this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

    Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

  3. #13
    Rookie Jan Daněk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    Jan, what would you put against the formation I have mentioned above?
    3-5-2V or 4-5-1V.
    I'll go 3-5-2V thru flanks, attacking, short passing, hard, whole pitch, no counter, no offside, zonal
    blue arrow on one mc, red aml/amr
    but depends on strenght of teams
    Currently season 17 - level 17

    League Winners (12) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16
    League Runner-up (3) - Levels 5, 13, 15
    League 3rd place (1) - Level 8

    26-0-0 league (1) - Level 4
    Champions League Winners (8) - Levels 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16
    Champions League Finalist (2) - Levels 13, 14

    Cup Winners (3) - Levels 1, 4, 15
    Cup Finalist - Level 13

    TEAM HISTORY


  4. #14
    Pro Kylos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    798
    Counter formations are a load of S#!T.... Im level 25 and tried countering opponents formations and didnt work. I tend to stick to 2 or 3 formations.. Whatever formation fits your players style. It may take sometime to find out what formation it is, but once youve got it, trust me your opponents will find it hard to beat you. So in my opinion, I couldnt bother with counter formations.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    10 League Titles
    7 League Runners Up
    1 Champions League Title
    4 Champions League Finalists
    1 Cup Title


  5. #15
    Elite Tactician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    3,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Daněk View Post
    3-5-2V or 4-5-1V.
    I'll go 3-5-2V thru flanks, attacking, short passing, hard, whole pitch, no counter, no offside, zonal
    blue arrow on one mc, red aml/amr
    but depends on strenght of teams
    I faced this advanced diamond formation twice so far against the same opponent. The opponent is of lower quality, but he caused a lot of problems. He scored 5 goals in the two matches combined. He scored 2 goals in 1 match despite playing with one man less for about one half.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-09-2015 at 09:43 AM.

  6. #16
    Rookie Jan Daněk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Brno, Czech Republic
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    I faced this advanced diamond formation twice so far against the same opponent. The opponent is of lower quality, but he caused a lot of problems. He scored 5 goals in the two matches combined. He scored 2 goals in 1 match despite playing with one man less for about one half.
    Actually its almost 4-1-2-1-2ND so I'll counter it same way
    Currently season 17 - level 17

    League Winners (12) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16
    League Runner-up (3) - Levels 5, 13, 15
    League 3rd place (1) - Level 8

    26-0-0 league (1) - Level 4
    Champions League Winners (8) - Levels 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16
    Champions League Finalist (2) - Levels 13, 14

    Cup Winners (3) - Levels 1, 4, 15
    Cup Finalist - Level 13

    TEAM HISTORY


  7. #17
    Elite Tactician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    3,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Daněk View Post
    Actually its almost 4-1-2-1-2ND so I'll counter it same way
    Yes, but this one seem to counter the V version of 4-5-1 and 3-5-2, given the amount of problems he caused despite his team is of lower quality (by at least 1 star).

  8. #18
    Pro Kylos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    798
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    Yes, but this one seem to counter the V version of 4-5-1 and 3-5-2, given the amount of problems he caused despite his team is of lower quality (by at least 1 star).
    Attack through the middle bud... Could try 4-1-3n-2. Get the possession in the midfield and see if they able to create the chances. Your opponent obviously likes 4-1-2-1-2 ND but was getting beaten by the v formations, so moved up his DL/R to DML/R, which we all know is able to handle the AML/R.
    Tactician likes this.
    10 League Titles
    7 League Runners Up
    1 Champions League Title
    4 Champions League Finalists
    1 Cup Title


  9. #19
    Elite Tactician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    3,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylos View Post
    Attack through the middle bud... Could try 4-1-3n-2. Get the possession in the midfield and see if they able to create the chances. Your opponent obviously likes 4-1-2-1-2 ND but was getting beaten by the v formations, so moved up his DL/R to DML/R, which we all know is able to handle the AML/R.
    I thought of using 4-1-2-3 against him for the 2nd match. But, I did not take the risk.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-09-2015 at 10:56 AM.

  10. #20
    Elite Tactician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    3,054
    Jan and Kylos: thanks for the replies.
    I still can't find how he scored so many goals though because at the back it should have been solid with the V-style formations.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-09-2015 at 10:11 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast