Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: how to beat 4-4-2 Classic.. VS slightly better quality team?

Quote Originally Posted by fadhul17 View Post
    What do u think about 4-1-3-2 Narrow? do u ever try it? always work well for me ^^
    hmm too central .. he bought 2 scouts flanks in past 2 days .. so my guess he will attack my flanks
    beside my strongest area in my team is my flanks
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Quote Originally Posted by shamanik View Post
    4-1-2-1-2 Wide Diamond always work against classic 4-4-2 for me.
    most of teams with scouts play with it , but again same thing, his flanks are scouts he bought 2 days ago, am sure he will attacking me in both flanks
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away

Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    4-5-1v always works for me against 4-4-2.
    that will fit amazingly with my team, i use 4-1-4-1 and switch it to 451V during the match as needed .. i may be tempted tbh.. although more into 4141 as want my wingers to mark his scouts wingers

Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    The 4-1-2-1-2 wide loses you possession. the narrow doesn't work either. Not anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    Butterfly not as effective anymore... the 4-4-2 is proving to be an overpowered formation
    i see, i thought am just bad in using them .. happy to know it was not bzc i set it wrongly

Quote Originally Posted by edisonsage View Post
    why don't you try to play 2 dmc? 4-2-1
    (mc)-2(aml&amr)-1.. use normal, counterattack, both flanks, long passing.. red arrows on aml and amr.. If I play against this formation, I always try to force my opponent to make some mistakes..
    interesting

Dreamer
    hmm try 4-1DMC-2MC-1(aml or amr)-2 ST this is my formation,its mixed between narrow diamond and 451 v style,from biginning this season i use this and 100% won

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by shwanko07 View Post
    that will fit amazingly with my team, i use 4-1-4-1 and switch it to 451V during the match as needed .. i may be tempted tbh.. although more into 4141 as want my wingers to mark his scouts wingers
    4-5-1V is always the answer vs 4-4-2.
    it works for me almost 4 seasons.
    El Pistolero likes this.
    Level 25.

12 LEAGUES ,4 CL, 1 CUP

Like i already stated in another thread.

Always play a 4-3-3 situation but with some accurate adjustments To have rotating players. Keep it narrow, play midfield. Basically what you have to get is one of your strikers moves into a slight Amc position in defense. Mid Mc into a dmc position and one Dc going over the wing during attack (pref a dc/drc) this way you keep plenty defense against 2 strikers, you have enough power in midfield and enough scoring power in the front but one very important asset is the fact you shut down their wingers.

keep mixed passing. Counter and offside off, zonal marking, attack play, normal tackles, and pass through midfield.

The backs stay as is.

-------st-st-↓st↓-------
    ----------------------
    ------mc-↓mc↓-mc-----
    -------------------------
    --DC---DC---DC---↑DC↑---

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Slagmolen View Post
    Like i already stated in another thread.

Always play a 4-3-3 situation but with some accurate adjustments To have rotating players. Keep it narrow, play midfield. Basically what you have to get is one of your strikers moves into a slight Amc position in defense. Mid Mc into a dmc position and one Dc going over the wing during attack (pref a dc/drc) this way you keep plenty defense against 2 strikers, you have enough power in midfield and enough scoring power in the front but one very important asset is the fact you shut down their wingers.

keep mixed passing. Counter and offside off, zonal marking, attack play, normal tackles, and pass through midfield.

The backs stay as is.

-------st-st-↓st↓-------
    ----------------------
    ------mc-↓mc↓-mc-----
    -------------------------
    --DC---DC---DC---↑DC↑---
    Sounds interesting but what results you got?

I've found 4-1-3w-1-1 to work well for me this season. Throughout the game I either add a red arrow to my amc or a blue arrow to increase possession whether the blue arrow actually helps Im not 100% sure. I also toggle between attacking the flanks and mixed passing. I always have red arrows on my dl,dr,mr,ml. I figure my wide backs Will cutoff his wide attack while supporting my flank attack while ml&r are free to attack.
    I have also had good results with the wide diamond believe it or not. WD has been one of the stronger formations this season. I keep reading that 4-2-2-2 hexagon is the formation to beat this season but I tried using it a couple times to see what all the hype was and had no such luck. I have a pretty strong team and toyed with 3w in the back quite a bit and was surprised to see great results although I assumed it would leave me exposed. 3w-1-3w-1-2 has been pretty effective. The guy in 1st place in m y league swears by it and has only lost one game all season(to yours truly). Love this site guys. Keep up the good work

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast