Page 11 of 75 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Like Tree514Likes

Thread: World Cup - 2014 Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Renn View Post
    .............im sure Netherlands dont win this, there is a reason why they only have the 88title...
    You're very selective in what you remember It's not long ago that Spain were the international side that never won anything on the world stage, that failed to reach their potential, that only performed in Europe.....they were always considered the dark horse because although they had a good side they lost the crunch games - similar to the Netherlands.

I don't think Netherlands will win it but there's a greater maturity about the Dutch side now.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    You're very selective in what you remember It's not long ago that Spain were the international side that never won anything on the world stage, that failed to reach their potential, that only performed in Europe.....they were always considered the dark horse because although they had a good side they lost the crunch games - similar to the Netherlands.

I don't think Netherlands will win it but there's a greater maturity about the Dutch side now.
    Well yea, but the Netherlands had always a great team, but as u might remember like 2008,winings in the group stage are not as important as later on, the dutch usually overpower themselves always way before its getting serious, and its funny, this year they have besides 3 or 4 player a no name team, none of the defender is known at all, maybe that's s recipe to go more forward cause less teams know about ur resources. And well spain have had good teams too before but eversince the golden generation is in charge they win everything 8-10-12) other teams with their golden generation like england, Portugal (2004) Netherlands (1198-2006) don't reach top, and the difference between good and legend is a title! Spain lost yesterday, but they beat the dutch in the last final, that counts more, cause it lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by John Naish View Post
    The Netherlands have never won the World Cup, and there wasn't one in 88 - what title are you meaning?
    European champions 1988,legendary generation van basten, reikart, gulit.... Final against germany...
    Last edited by Peter Renn; 06-14-2014 at 01:11 PM.

Addicted
    European champions 1988,legendary generation van basten, reikart, gulit.... Final against germany...
    I thought you probably meant the Euros. Why is everything so distracting when trying to pack up everything to move home for the summer?!?!
    Peter Renn likes this.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5
    League Winners Levels: 1, 2, 3 & 4
    Champions League Winners Levels 2 & 3
    Double X 2 (League and Champions League), Levels: 2 & 3

Murray to win Wimbledon!

Well yea, but the Netherlands had always a great team, but as u might remember like 2008,winings in the group stage are not as important as later on, the dutch usually overpower themselves always way before its getting serious, and its funny, this year they have besides 3 or 4 player a no name team, none of the defender is known at all, maybe that's s recipe to go more forward cause less teams know about ur resources. And well spain have had good teams too before but eversince the golden generation is in charge they win everything 8-10-12) other teams with their golden generation like england, Portugal (2004) Netherlands (1198-2006) don't reach top, and the difference between good and legend is a title! Spain lost yesterday, but they beat the dutch in the last final, that counts more, cause it lasts forever...
    Not sure where you think I counted group stage wins - its exactly the opposite. The point is Spain underachieved on the World stage until they won 1. They await more.

Just because the Netherlands hasn't made that next step doesn't prove they never will - they are different this time. I don't think they'll win but they could.

And all this from a Scot that used to think getting out the Group stage would be like winning the Cup but now thinks the same about qualifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    Not sure where you think I counted group stage wins - its exactly the opposite. The point is Spain underachieved on the World stage until they won 1. They await more.

Just because the Netherlands hasn't made that next step doesn't prove they never will - they are different this time. I don't think they'll win but they could.

And all this from a Scot that used to think getting out the Group stage would be like winning the Cup but now thinks the same about qualifying.
    Haha i hear you. No i mean the dutch usually play very well until it starts to count, so usually after the group stage they play ****, seems they lost all power during the group matches, and yes spain needed wait long, but with these players now they have the last 10 year's it wasva question of time they succeed, i just wanna say Netherlands had better players before but never succeeded, spain never had a better team since last 10 year's and they succeed. They sure had good teams before but never like now. Same for my country haha germany is always a favourite but truth is last title 1996 European champions and world cup even longer notning since 1990
    I was betting myself 25 bucks on the Belgium team and 25 on the argentine team haha
    Last edited by Peter Renn; 06-14-2014 at 01:41 PM.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Yes sure, Italy went home 2010 as defending champion in the group stage, everything can happen, germany 2000 and 2004 we went home after group stage too and 1998 after quarter final. I just say i would not be surprised if spain nails australia and Chile by 3 goles each, they have player who always can strike back and im sure Netherlands dont win this, there is a reason why they only have the 88title...
    More then sure it will be like you said they are forced to play very good and win.
    Peter Renn and Buffs Mad like this.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Famous
    It wouldn't surprise me if Chile advances over Spain, even if they lose to Spain. Lets not forget the Dutch close out the groups stages with Chile, could they possibly let Chile through regardless by electing to rest their starters? Especially if they decimate the Aussies in their next match.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 06-14-2014 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if Chile advances over Spain, even if they lose to Spain. Lets not forget the Dutch close out the groups stages with Chile, could they possibly let Chile through regardless by electing to rest their starters? Especially if they decimate the Aussies in their next match.
    well that way Netherlands will take proper revenge lol
    John Naish and Raykco like this.

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    Well, hardly possible, if spain wins against Chile n Australia they have 6points,if Chile beats Netherlands they have 6 points as well,and the dutch too, might end up the dutch out.... Noone will go through second place as u face a stronger team and well yes spain needs to come from a few goles behind but i think its doable, but interesting
    Last edited by Peter Renn; 06-14-2014 at 04:58 PM.

Page 11 of 75 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast