Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: I Will Quit At The End Of This Season (A Small Review Is Included In This Post)

My main intention was to not influence others disliking this game like Staggy Stagg mentioned. I just posted to inform you that I am quitting this game given that I was very active on this forum. I added a review based on the experience I had and based on what I have seen concerning other users. Like Nik said, this is a nice forum; many of us have shared things, helped others and maintained a good relationship here. So, any of you please don't be so negative about what I posted. If I wanted to influence others to stop playing this game, I would have started by saying things, referring to the vent threads which have reached to number 3 and the current number of pages for the 3rd thread has reached to 50. So, don't be so negative about what I post. Any of you are 'free' to choose. I chose to quit this game and I have explained why.
    Last edited by Tactician; 08-15-2015 at 05:14 PM.
    Sons of Pitches likes this.

Angry

this season completely ruined this game for me. i started season with the 2nd strongest team in the league. i'm level 12, and my team players are always on 100% condition/moral. i'm always present and i have 15% possession advantage almost every game. but, i can't win the game what ever i do. (6w, 6d, 7l). opponent manager was only once present during the match. at least 5 of last 6 games my team conceded a goal in the 1st minute of the game. today i played match against team which is 75 strong. mine team is on 79.2. I lost the match.
    i don't understand what's really going on. but, if i'm present during every match, if i'm having strong team, but loosing against weaker teams that are even not managed, (i can see that teams doesn't get updated or changed, how i am being reworded by spending a lot of times managing and updating my team? in the championship league i won group with 6 wins, but i lost next round from a team 4 points weaker then mine. tomorrow i'm playing a semi finale cup game against the team which plays level 15th, and is 85 points strong. i already excepted lost.

everything that i learned until now, regarding tactics and formations, it seems that suddenly doesn't work. if my team concede a goal in the first 5 minutes of the match, i know, what ever i do, i am going to lose the match 1:2.

so, very depressing season. predictive outcome. doesn't seems to be responsive. and comments during a game are getting little bit old.
    i'm going to sell all my players in the end of the season. probably i won't play cup or cl anyway, so i'll let the bot manage my team, and who knows. maybe in couple of season my team will win something on it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by 505 View Post
    this season completely ruined this game for me. i started season with the 2nd strongest team in the league. i'm level 12, and my team players are always on 100% condition/moral. i'm always present and i have 15% possession advantage almost every game. but, i can't win the game what ever i do. (6w, 6d, 7l). opponent manager was only once present during the match. at least 5 of last 6 games my team conceded a goal in the 1st minute of the game. today i played match against team which is 75 strong. mine team is on 79.2. I lost the match.
    i don't understand what's really going on. but, if i'm present during every match, if i'm having strong team, but loosing against weaker teams that are even not managed, (i can see that teams doesn't get updated or changed, how i am being reworded by spending a lot of times managing and updating my team? in the championship league i won group with 6 wins, but i lost next round from a team 4 points weaker then mine. tomorrow i'm playing a semi finale cup game against the team which plays level 15th, and is 85 points strong. i already excepted lost.

everything that i learned until now, regarding tactics and formations, it seems that suddenly doesn't work. if my team concede a goal in the first 5 minutes of the match, i know, what ever i do, i am going to lose the match 1:2.

so, very depressing season. predictive outcome. doesn't seems to be responsive. and comments during a game are getting little bit old.
    i'm going to sell all my players in the end of the season. probably i won't play cup or cl anyway, so i'll let the bot manage my team, and who knows. maybe in couple of season my team will win something on it's own.
    My opinion on the morale thing: it does not do any significant thing in terms of match performance if the program has decided that your team have to lose or draw or going to have a run of poor form for whatever reason. In fact, nothing done on the manager's part can change this decision. What you can do only this in such cases is selected the best formation and orders and avoid the worst possible results (like heavy loses); but, you will still lose or draw (in some cases you might manage to grind out narrow wins like I did). The only way to counter all this is to have a team of 8-9 stars (that too if most of your opponents are in the 4-5 star range), where any disadvantage your set to your side by the program won't be enough to override the difference in quality. But this is something that costs a lot of money, and I will never advise anyone to do this, especially for such a game.
    Last edited by Tactician; 08-15-2015 at 08:08 PM.

sadly, I came to the same conclusion. more time I spend playing this game I feel more powerless. I never played more discouraging game in my life.

Don't worry to much about it. You have played the game, you have enjoyed a bit and may be it is time for you to stop. Like I said, it is logical to stop something when this something does not satisfy you enough any more. Also, again like I have said, this game does not function like a proper football management game that is based on management skills and tactics. You will still lose games, sometimes very important games despite having better quality and having used proper tactics for these particular games.

I wonder how my team is going to perform after I quit this game. And given that this team is a young powerful team full of potential, there is a possibility of winning competitions in the next few seasons on its own, especially given the ways this game functions. Worst is that Nordeus will benefit from it.
    Last edited by Tactician; 08-15-2015 at 08:30 PM.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    To anyone who does decide to stop playing, please take over a level one team as the last thing you do.
    muskrat, Gasi and khris like this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is how my team looks in this season (in case some of you want to know as I have not posted it yet in the team's showcase section).

What a waste though; I have spent so much effort and time building this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    To anyone who does decide to stop playing, please take over a level one team as the last thing you do.
    Why? To leave the higher level team behind for a takeover?
    Team showcase: Red Stars Munich

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    yes, so it isn't unmanaged. eventually it turns into a bot and goes on the list anyway, but at least if you take over a level one team it doesn't affect as much.
    nikolgiorgos, muskrat and khris like this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    No.
    I will set one of the best formation, with the appropriate orders and auto substitutions, and leave it.
    I will use all the remaining tokens and packs to train the players before I leave.

Last edited by Tactician; 08-16-2015 at 04:45 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast