Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: There should be relegation of teams

Quote Originally Posted by Dman2pt View Post
    Some of you are dont agree with tanking Why?

Whats the diference between tanking and Buying tokens?

Tanking is the only way that the non token buyers have to try to compete with the token buyers, sacrificing one season to because stronger.

I am not against those who buy tokens, evryone look for there wallet, but do not spank those who try to compete with them by tanking.
    U stole my words!!!! I was just going to write this same damn thing right now on this thread that if tanking is unfair, buying tokens is also unfair!!!!! I agree with u more then I would agree with anything here on the forum!!!!! Not one but a 10000 likes for u!!!
    Dman2pt and Raykco like this.

Dreamer
    Interesting thread .... as far as I'm concerned people can do as want ... the more teams trying to lose out there, the more chance I've got of winning.

The thing I don't understand about tanking is ... where's the fun in it? ... a month of trying to lose ... so you may or may not get an advantage the next month .. I'd be bored and depressed by that very quickly, I wouldn't have the patience.
    I want to play to win .. always .. and if I lose I lose .
    DiZZee, kd18 and littledude072 like this.

Pro
    Tanking is NOT the only way for non T to compete with T buyers.....refer Vent thread. Also refer abandoned teams where frustrated T buyers, who have spent good money developing their team and facilities, simply give up to "unfair" results.
    Tanking is a crutch for those who simply give up and will not compete for every available point. Better to have tried and failed, knowing that next season is around the corner and with it comes new opportunities. After all this is not just a game, it's more than that.

4am
    Rookie
    dv8r: Not quite sure what you mean by this...

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    Untrue. You have 2 separate teams in your squad, 11 players of low quality (about 2* or 3*) who will manipulate the cup and the remaining to use for future seasons.
    If, as widely suggested, the Cup draw is based upon your 14 strongest players then the 2* and 3* won't be taken into consideration. Or am I missing your point?

Quote Originally Posted by 4am View Post
    dv8r: Not quite sure what you mean by this...

If, as widely suggested, the Cup draw is based upon your 14 strongest players then the 2* and 3* won't be taken into consideration. Or am I missing your point?
    The point I'm trying to make is... You have 22 players in your squad. The first 11 will consist of 2* or 3* players and you'll use this 11 to get yourself relegated. The other 11 players would be stronger and this will be your future first 11 (after a few seasons). You only play the weaker players in the league to get relegated with and the stronger players in the cup so at least you have something to aim for.

What would happen is... when you get relegated, everyone would have to gain a star to reflect transitioning between leagues. Your stronger players would probably be 6*, then 7* and then 8* and then 9*. Your weaker team will get stronger too but you can easily sell these players and replace with 3* players. Eventually you'll get yourself a fully 9* squad for your first team.

It's a bit hard to explain but I hope you understand. The cup format is irrelevant in this discussion

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

4am
    Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    It's a bit hard to explain but I hope you understand.
    Perfectly clear; thanks for the explanation.

It still won't get you anywhere though. If you tank for three seasons, it'd take another three seasons to return to your starting point. However those players are now six years older...
    Last edited by 4am; 11-07-2013 at 09:26 PM.

I have been reading these posts with interest, and one point has not been raised at all. How would the logistics of the game work if relegation was brought in?

At the moment, we have leagues of 14 teams, which at the end of the season, 7 of them are promoted, whilst the other 7 remain where they are. So, lets take a typical scenario. Let's say it is level 6. At completion, the top 7 go to level 7 to replace the 7 teams from that level, who went to 8. Back to the original level 6, the bottom 7 teams are now joined by 7 teams coming from level 5. So the numbers balance out evenly.

If relegation was brought in, how would it work? In a league of 14 teams, with the top 7 going up, and the bottom 2 going down, that would leave just 5 teams. With 7 coming up to join them, who would fill the other two places, without a major game reconstruction.
    dv8r and Saransh Vatsa like this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

It still won't get you anywhere though. If you tank for three seasons, it'd take another three seasons to return to your starting point. However those players are now six years older...
    And why should i be in an hurry? No matter how often i get promoted, i won't catch up with the top levels... because they are also getting promoted. And some of them complain that it gets way too hard to buy 5* players, because there's no one higher level selling them.

At those top levels there's no way a non token buyer/farmer like me could compete against a token buyer/farmer with a scout team.

And, of course , six years later you would have your players 6 years older, but if you don't tank, they would be older too and 1 star.
    Besides, comparing the 2 scenarios, you could be 3 level ahead, with no won titles, or you could be at the same level, with a bunch of tittle on the bag...

You guys can't compare this model with real life football. In real life football there is a defined finishing line, get to the first division/premier League... You can't get to an higher level at your country. In this game you don't have such a line, specially if you're playing alone, like i am.
    If you're playing with a bunch of your friends that may be different, as you want to keep up with them. For a lonely player, all that matters are the tittles.
    Last edited by Flinger; 11-07-2013 at 11:43 PM.

4am
    Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinger View Post
    And why should i be in an hurry?
    No reason at all. It's your game, you play it how you wish.

And, of course , six years later you would have your players 6 years older, but if you don't tank, they would be older too and 1 star.
    You'd also have considerably greater spending power with which to replace those players.

For a lonely player, all that matters are the tittles.
    Not for me ... and I don't play with anyone else either. But that's one of the game's best features - it allows you to play your game, your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    If relegation was brought in, how would it work? In a league of 14 teams, with the top 7 going up, and the bottom 2 going down, that would leave just 5 teams. With 7 coming up to join them, who would fill the other two places, without a major game reconstruction.
    Whatever method you chose to adopt, incorporating relegation would require a major undertaking on the development team's part so I think we can all agree it's unlikely to happen. Interesting to hear the various views, nonetheless.
    Last edited by 4am; 11-08-2013 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    Yeah, demoted teams should:

1) Lose a large percentage of their fans (as they would in real)
    2) Lose a couple of their best players (as many real footballers have a clause in their contract stating they are able to leave the club if the club demotes)
    3) Get all morale set to 0 (as would happen in real)
    4) Lower income and token gains for the duration of a season (as sponsorship would naturally decrease)

In fact, they should probably add those negatives to the people tanking on purpose. But there is no way to tell if someone does so on purpose and it's far easier to manipulate what position you end as when you tank on purpose than if you were just not good enough.
    there we go, forgot about that losing player/s thing. im sure ronaldo and bale would ditch if real were demoted. thahts the real push people need to avoid intentional demotion

tone down the promotees to 4 and demotees to 2-4

anyways i looked over at the nordeus board, someone requested relegation as part of his 'make the game better' suggestion. its planned by nordeus, dont know if relegations going to be a part of it

all in all, its been a fun debate, shouldve added a poll
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast