Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Formulas for a better league draw- Share your opinion -

Formulas for a better league draw- Share your opinion -

How do you want the league draws? that's the question you have to answer here.

Let's try to have a place to see different viewpoints to try to have the perfect formula.

Let's talk about factors to determine how the leagues have to be done and so.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    I am not a fan of this system. I would like more even a random list. Why inactive teams should win leagues and good managers not?

In my league this season for exemple 12/14 are active and good/very good teams and only 7 of us will promote to next level.

Only 1 good team will win and only 3 teams will get a nice trophy (1-3places).

Is nice to have a good competition but putting so many good teams in 1 league when you know there are some inactive leagues full of inactive teams is sad.

I don't wanna be rude or something (to players) but I don't like to see 3 stars team winning league when some good managers 5,6,7 stars who are really playing this game are ending on 4th place...
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Quote Originally Posted by PricopGeorgeCătălin View Post
    I am not a fan of this system. I would like more even a random list. Why inactive teams should win leagues and good managers not?

In my league this season for exemple 12/14 are active and good/very good teams and only 7 of us will promote to next level.

Only 1 good team will win and only 3 teams will get a nice trophy (1-3places).

Is nice to have a good competition but putting so many good teams in 1 league when you know there are some inactive leagues full of inactive teams is sad.

I don't wanna be rude or something (to players) but I don't like to see 3 stars team winning league when some good managers 5,6,7 stars who are really playing this game are ending on 4th place...
    i totally agree with the Quote
    khris likes this.

Famous
    I'm at level 15 and have a 68.7Q team in my champions league group. 1*Q range is 74 and below, so this player is starting several 1* players. The sheer presence of a team like that is a little ridiculous. Another team in the group is abandoned.

The average quality of the champions league shouldn't be lower than the average quality of the league!

Going back to the random draw system is one way to fix the problem.

If they don't do this; weight the leagues differently, so stronger leagues get more bids than weaker leagues.
    khris likes this.
    Level 40 Manager

As I started and looking my League, now that Nordeus changed the system, I will suggest my own idea as usual.

Ok here my League:
    Formulas for a better league draw- Share your opinion --t34-l20-quality2.jpg

I don't know why but this time there are lots of low Quality teams. Inclusive x2 double accounts lol....
    I've lost ma 1st match 4-0 because I'm tanking. August is August, bro' but if I decide fight for it I have the 15th League Title.... between the League or my summer, my summer lol

Now let's suggest my formula, based in the CL style, by Pots (pot 1,2,3 and 4 or A to H or substitutive lol) to separate the teams depending of some factors.

So my formula, now that I'm drinking a cup of milk+chocolate and I'm meditating is;
    A: ranking of all the level teams.
    B: Divide, actives, and no actives.
    C: No actives/abandoned, to same Leagues.
    Then teams are counted and number of posible leagues too.
    D: POT A 5* to +,
    3 per league as much as this can be posible and the leagues that have these teams have the better ranked, when this factor is collapsed, in the rest of League groups 1 per league .
    E: POT B 4*
    Leagues with x3 5*+, = 4* x3 in everyone of these groups till the total = 2 per the rest of groups ( so till collapses 3 x group)

F: POT C 3*
    Leagues with 5*+x3, 3* x3 till collapse, then 2.

G: POT D
    1*-2* + no actives will complete the groups.

So, basically, this method will divide intentionally between 2 groups, competitive-non competitive leagues.
    To try to stay in a competitive group, we need to create a 5* o team between day 1-2.

Ok then is posible too do a ranking and add some % of the better teams in a % of the total League groups to create the same idea, but using the ranking of quality, and always to give us the option to have more chances to stay in a competitive league preparing a team between the days 1-2. With that we say our intention to the game.

Hope the idea is explained a little bit, I understand that maybe say x3 5* is something that can be not "full correct" due the variety of situations in the different levels, but as I've added the same system can be created using a ranking of quality and adding the teams in the leagues to create a % of competitive groups intentionally.

aaahoy. lol

Edited: Inclusive we can do a group of abandoned +1* to reduce groups....

Edited again:... inclusive the 2* can go with the non actives +1* to reduce inclusive more the groups....

LOL

3rd edit? wait.
    Last edited by khris; 07-29-2015 at 12:21 AM.
    pcmacdaniel and Kylos like this.

The league should be balanced.

2 high quality teams, 1 medium-high quality team, 4-5 medium quality teams and the rest can be mid-low and low quality teams. Quality should be relative to the level concerned.

There will be competition for 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, 4th place and for promotion. Those users that have a mid-low or low quality team can improve their team and obtain promotion or they can play with their current team, not promote and they will have a better opportunity next season as they will have an increase in quality. This is good for non-token buyers also.
    Last edited by Tactician; 07-29-2015 at 08:16 AM.
    Kylos and khris like this.

drifters should be renegated, so they dont stock pile as deadweight in leagues

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Assuming that no one has any friends.......1 option would be to rank teams by T11 average Q then draw, randomly, 4 teams from the top 4/14ths, 4 from the bottom 4/14ths and 6 from the middle chunk.

To accomodate friends you'd need to have to count them in the range that they would have accoupied if they weren't friends. *clear as mud*

But ofc stand by for all the complaints from ppl with teams who can't compete

maybe the server barrier is the biggest issue, to make my point i have pinked the teams I am pooled with again and again and again

Formulas for a better league draw- Share your opinion --draw.jpg

It becomes a bit redundant and monotone to play against the same teams. Although not possible I would like to see mixes across servers to make more variations to gameflow

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

Famous
    I prefer pure random drawing. It is the fairest method.

I don't resist other creative methods to make league drawing fair. However, in my opinion, for any methods, teams drawn to strong league should be compensated with higher sponsorship and ticket prize. This is similar to real world. For example, both English Premier League and Scottish Premier League are top tier leagues in Europe. But their teams obtain different amount of sponsoring.

Different managers have different demands. It is impossible to find a perfect league drawing methods that every manager loves. Some managers like trophies and want to draw in weak leagues. Some managers have already won enough titles and want challenges of strong leagues. Some managers want to manipulate to make every league balance with strong & weak teams. There is no perfect solution.

In fact, I like the challenge in leagues I participated in last 3 or 4 seasons. The qualities of the teams are similar. Almost every managers in my league is active. They may not attend but will make changes. Every league match is meaningful. Most match results are not easy to predict.

However, in such arrangement, some good teams of active managers ranked low in league, and even could not get league prize nor promote. At the same time, some weak teams which just reached 3 star qualities won in much lower quality league and might get the same amount of league prize. This is clearly not fair.
    khris and nikolgiorgos like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast