Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Go Forth & Conquer, Leo!

yep key matches, meant that. ill probably pull off something amazing for my match against my only RL friend on my server (sounds sad ey?)
    its hard to find mostly F2Ps AND creative posts, tis an oxymoron. we is endangered, its like people only want to see high powered teams, lets keep our teams going

and of course, if i ever see you in the same competition wes be dukin' it

along with creative titles, why not rename your players as well? i currently have arsenal players for goonskies and everyday items for rags to riches
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

Quote Originally Posted by littledude072 View Post
    yep key matches, meant that. ill probably pull off something amazing for my match against my only RL friend on my server (sounds sad ey?)
    its hard to find mostly F2Ps AND creative posts, tis an oxymoron. we is endangered, its like people only want to see high powered teams, lets keep our teams going

and of course, if i ever see you in the same competition wes be dukin' it

along with creative titles, why not rename your players as well? i currently have arsenal players for goonskies and everyday items for rags to riches
    Haha but I doubt we are in the same server, maybe one day when they do a server consolidation.

I thought about renaming players to those classic legendary players like Jean Pierre Papin, Baggio, Beckenbauer, Maldini , Rossi etc but figured only 60-70% will make it for a few seasons, so it could be a waste to rename them.

I'm trying to reorganize my tactics, so that is more pressing at the moment. Losing to two of my RL friends & title rivals is not a good sign. But I was also handed a hard fixture list as I'll be going head to head with another solid team today. So it's a stretch of difficult fixture to negotiate this season and my players can't afford a sudden slump.

I might have to revert back to my Level 1-2 tactic of defensive hexagon. Not quite keen to play defensive though considering that it took seasons 3 & 4 to build my squad for the future and have one of the most offensive & expensive squad in the league.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Awesome thread.
    Really good reports, I think this is one of the best I have ever seen.
    Good job
    Qambu Yaasi likes this.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LEPOARD STARS FC-Honour, Fight,Conquer
    Season 1
    -Didnt get promoted
    Season 2
    1st place
    Season 3
    1st Place+Quarter Finals Cup+Semi Finals Champions League
    Season 4
    3rd place league. CL Semis and Cup R16
    Season 5
    Erm...5th in league?
    Group stage of CL

Season 6
    Quarter finals in Cup
    5th in league

Quote Originally Posted by Jll02 View Post
    Awesome thread.
    Really good reports, I think this is one of the best I have ever seen.
    Good job
    My ideal alternative career would be running between football grounds and emailing magazine editors my match reports and smart football articles, while cursing the meager pay I would be receiving at the end of the month

Glad you enjoy the thread! Cheers!
    Cat Harrison and Jll02 like this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Back on Tracz

Latest News

Back on Tracz

Striker Peter Tracz sparked life into Go Leo's title ambition with a goal in each half of their 4-1 win at Supachai FC.

Go Leo came into the match on the tail of back-to-back league defeats to Ude and Xaitan, which coincided with the Polish striker's five match barren run.

But Tracz showed his pedigree and was sharp in this tricky encounter with a very unpredictable opponent.

Strike partner Sebastien Djidji opened the scoring early in the 15th minute from a Stergios Kolokas corner and seven minutes later Tracz opened his account after some briliant work on the left wing from Djidji.

Twelve minutes after the break, it was Tracz's turn to leave the Supachai defenders in knots as he navigated his way through before unleashing an unstoppable shot into the roof of the net.

Supachai pulled one back through their top scorer Kalle Trygg, but Kolokas restored their three goal advantage eight minutes from time with a vicious shot from outside the box.

Speaking to the club's in-house Gole magazine after the match, the Boss expressed relief at picking up three points against a tough opponent.

"We did not know much about Supachai prior to this match. Looking at their past league matches this season, we could see that they are capable of pulling off a surprise."

"When we got the second goal, it eased the pressure off the lads and we were able to knock the ball around comfortably."

Tracz's brace takes his league tally to 10 goals and he currently leads the goalscoring chart. The Boss believed the Pole will continue his fine form heading into the match against second place Fenerbache on Saturday.

"Well Peter's a bit like (Wayne) Rooney. When he scores, he goes on this mini-runs. The quality is there for all to see."

"He's a top, top player at this level. He'll get me 20 goals this season, I'm sure. Today, I'm just pleased he got the monkey off his back today."

With the win, Leo maintain their third position in the league, five points off leaders Ude.
    Last edited by Qambu Yaasi; 01-24-2014 at 07:25 AM.
    Jll02 and Cat Harrison like this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Go Leo makes it three on the trot

Latest news

Go Leo makes it three on the trot

Go Leo climbed above Fenerbache the league after an emphatic 4-2 win at their rival's ground, their third consecutive league win. The victory is a timely boost ahead of their Champions' League knock-out round match with Bandit FC early tomorrow morning.

However they still remain five points off the leaders and just a point ahead of Fenerbache.

Quentin Anani produced a masterclass display, scoring two in each half, after a Joe Pepper had opened the scoring at the fourth minute.

The home side had tried to claw back into the game at 2-1 and threatened to make a game out of it when they scored a second to make it 3-2, but Greek winger Stergios Kolokas ensured all three points for the visitors with a goal six minutes from time.

After the match the Boss was relieved to have grabbed a valuable three points. "It was an amazing match. I'm glad we ended up on the winning side."

"Quentin (Anani) was superb for us tonight."

Go Leo next focus their attention to Nikolla FC later tonight at Lion's Way before they travel to Bandit FC for the Champions' League first leg knockout match.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

That familiar feeling

Latest news

That familiar feeling

It was deja vu for Go Leo in the Champions' League after they were dumped out at the last 16 stage on a 4-1 aggregate loss, the same stage they exited last season.

Go Leo went into the second leg behind 2-1 and simply needed a cleansheet and a win to progress. However, a lapse in concentration in the second half saw them concede two quick goals. This despite showing some promise in the first half.

The Boss lamented on the poor finishing and lack of penetration from his team. "There were too many players that did not perform up to the standards that they themselves have set."

"We must now concentrate on winning the league and we do still have a realistic chance to do that."

New boy Barnabas Csoknyai was pushed up to play alone upfront, despite not being his natural position.

"We thought he was a better option to play upfront. It was not a bad idea, he performed well but there was just no one to finish off the chances. We put Peter (Tracz) in but unfortunately they scored right after, which made it hard for us."
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

It's all over

Latest News

It's all over!

It is looking more and more like a barren season yet again for Go Leo, after they drew 2-2 at Xaitan FC. This on the back of a passive 0-3 home loss to league leaders Ude.

Go Leo have more or less given up on the title after suffering another setback yesterday. The string of bad results have pushed Go Leo a further 9 points behind Ude and a point off second placed Xaitan, after failing to capitalise on their rival's recent slip-ups.

In one of the toughest league season so far, Go Leo has failed to exert themselves especially against title rivals and the Boss is bitterly dissapointed with those dropped points, especially after losing three times at home this season.

"We should always make sure that we get maximum points at home and I am dissapointed that we did not, especially against Nikolla & Xaitan, where we lost by late goals."

The Boss explained that he is already looking at the new season and will be keeping an eye on players who are surplus to requirements or have not performed as expected.

"We have already sold Muhmer (striker) & Abdul Hakim (defender). Muhmer was brought in as a fourth striker and had limited playing time. It was best to let him go."\

"I am still very happy with the squad that we have at the moment, but I do hope to bring in a central defender next season"
    littledude072 likes this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

The way thread starter makes the coverage of his team and details on the players seems he is a sport journalist or something like that.
    Last edited by Kazouma; 02-07-2014 at 08:04 AM.
    Qambu Yaasi likes this.

yep thats why i like it, theres a hint of backstory and stuff. its more creative than just plopping pics with a line. annnd were also underdogs here, check out the other team showcases, most are just powerhouses
    Qambu Yaasi and Cat Harrison like this.
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast