Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Cup changes

...coming again about that is true the sugegstion that this system would work better just taking a look at the , not top 14 players, but, the better 3-4 or 5 players.
    With this system that seems exactly same easy to implement as this new, because is the same just with the change of 14 players to 3-4 or 5... then the system will work better...

Despite all... I think that players "always in good form" are who have more complicated to win the cup for this system, so as suggested some time try to do cups of 3 levels per 3, can be a solution and if is needed to take more teams, as CL do when are not enough is ok... but do the cups bases in levels 1 to 3, 4 to 6 7 to 9 and try to respect this limit would at least give fair chances for a cup 1 of 3 seasons.
    Thats all, and has been all by my side.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    as suggested some time try to do cups of 3 levels per 3, can be a solution and if is needed to take more teams, as CL do when are not enough is ok... but do the cups bases in levels 1 to 3, 4 to 6 7 to 9 and try to respect this limit would at least give fair chances for a cup 1 of 3 seasons.
    as I said here
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...rketing-3.html
    I agree with that
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    Fairer yes, but then the game will become boring quickly. There won't be any additional challenges every season. I have played in a Cup competition where there were bots; at first, it was fun, but it became boring towards the end, including the final. A mixture of levels is what makes the Cup different from the other two competitions, and it provides additional challenges.

I would also like to mention that a user cannot expect his team to be the favourite or be among the favourites for every competition every season. It seems that some users don't want to accept this fact.
    i don't have a problem with not being favourite, it's just the ridiculous difference between the levels, you can play with someone 3 or 4 levels above you and that is a problem, ok. don't put only teams from the same level, but at least they can change it in some way that allows you to play with opponents that are just one level above you. like i said. the difference is too big and many managers don't stand a chance
    Nick Lizas likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdalinho View Post
    i don't have a problem with not being favourite, it's just the ridiculous difference between the levels, you can play with someone 3 or 4 levels above you and that is a problem, ok. don't put only teams from the same level, but at least they can change it in some way that allows you to play with opponents that are just one level above you. like i said. the difference is too big and many managers don't stand a chance
    Sure, a difference of 3 levels and above is not appropriate. The difference should be generally 2, that is a batch should consist of teams from say 3 different levels and not more. For instance: (L1-L3), (L4-L6), (L7-L9) and so on. And to make it fair for every user, any team should be at least among the top levels in a Cup batch once every 3-4 seasons.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

The general limit should be 2 levels if possible, most likely. The only reason that a difference of 3 or more should happen is if the lower-level user is using many high-rated players through token purchasing. A difference in 2 is difficult, but not insurmountable, but 3 starts to verge on impossible for most ordinary users.
    DRAGONS SC

THE PERMANENT END

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #46
    Moi
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizer Franz View Post
    Hi Moi,

I don't understand your post Moi , cause Cup draw was already calculated with the 14 best players ! And with your post it's a league trophy who is illustrated , so i'm confuse ? Would you mean league draw or cup draw ?

EDIT : an april fish ?
    No, it wasn't like that. The game was not taking into account unsigned players for its calculations.

Rookie
    Could they not have the Cup draw earlier? Do it a week before the season ends. Not too many would bother manipulating the draw. Plus I wouldn't wake up on the first day of the season to see my Cup match already happened.
    Gert Funck, Bunzo, khris and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by skrrr View Post
    Could they not have the Cup draw earlier? Do it a week before the season ends. Not too many would bother manipulating the draw. Plus I wouldn't wake up on the first day of the season to see my Cup match already happened.
    This is also a good suggestion.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by skrrr View Post
    +1.... taking into account the Av. Q. of the day 20 of last season for example.... also good....

or best 5 players and no best 14 as said.

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    +1.... taking into account the Av. Q. of the day 20 of last season for example.... also good....

or best 5 players and no best 14 as said.
    What if your best 5 players are those players that you bought from the scout's list or recommendation's list in that particular season? You would probably face a much stronger opponent, for instance a team who has 11 7- star players (likely to be a team from at least 2 levels above), but was judged to be fair to play against you according to your proposed 5 best player rule. The minimum amount of players to be taken into consideration should be at least 11.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast