Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Explanation of the use of arrows!

Yeah. Pretty sketchy info from nordeus. I haven't dug up anything on arrows in the old forums or website either.
    My impression based on that statement "There are multiple ways to define roles in football, and the current one is the one we chose." is that T11 is different than other futbol sims
    ~^~*~^~ My opinions are best when taken with a grain of salt. No iodine added. ~^~*~^~

The developers only deal with numbers and then % chance of success of that player's actions.
    One factor is the field grid and the other is the skill level of player and the third is the arrows.
    The field grid adds or subtracts or does nothing depending on the position of the player.
    If you play a player out of position, the skill numbers must go down in certain categories and this also must depend or factor on whether there is an opposing player adjacent and that will affect the % of success of what action the computer decides that player will probably take. (we do not know which)
    If you play a player in position with no arrows, the skill numbers remain the same and the % success will be determined by whether there is an opposing player adjacent. If the skill numbers are greater than the opposing player, then the chances of success go up. If the skill numbers are lower then the chances go down.
    If you play a player out of position with a red arrow towards his natural spot, then when his side has the ball, his skill numbers go back to normal but when the other team has possession, his numbers will be lowered in certain categories but if he has no adjacent opposition player the penalty for playing out of position should not matter.
    If you play a player out of position with a blue arrow towards his natural spot, then when the other side has the ball, his skill numbers go back to normal but when his team has possession, his numbers will be lowered in certain categories but if he has no adjacent opposition player the penalty for playing out of position should not matter.
    That is why you should only put players out of position in the vertical and not on the horizontal.

If you put a player in his natural position with a red arrow, he will play ahead one box when his team has possession and that will move him either in the clear or adjacent to an opposing player. If he is in the clear, his skill categories will not be affected and he will have increased odds of making the play if the ball comes to him and will have increased odds of receiving the ball from his mates. If the red arrow moves him adjacent to an opposing player, the odds of success should go down unless the opposing team has set arrows to move the adjacent player to another position with a blue arrow.
    If you put a player in his natural position with a blue arrow, he will play behind one box when the other team has possession and that will move him either in the clear or adjacent to an opposing player. If he is in the clear, his skill categories will not be affected and he will have increased odds of making a play if the ball comes to him and will have increased odds of intercepting the ball. If the blue arrow moves him adjacent to an opposing player, the odds of success should go down unless the opposing team has set arrows to move the adjacent player to another position with a red arrow.

That doesn't make numbers sense????

The blue arrow must improve your chances when you are moved adjacent to an opposing player and keep your skill numbers normal when you are moved in the clear.

Unless it has nothing to do with moving the player and only has to do with giving a bonus % to your offense skills when you have the red arrow and a bonus % to your defense skills when the blue arrow is issued. Another % overall when team is set to attacking or defensive and a greater % when set on hard. The physical and mental has a corresponding % deduction when there is a team defense or offense increase.
    Last edited by marsbear; 07-03-2013 at 05:26 PM.
    Cat Harrison and Joshiko like this.

had someone using blue for ST or red arrow DC? what happen then?

im just use blue for one of my 3 ST that have enough good stat on defense, dunno it work exactly in my head he will act as AMC.. because even im not gave blue arrow hes downgrad his ratings match, however my team lost or win the match.

For red using arrow DC ive never, anyone ever tried and would like to share?
    Last edited by nordeus5; 07-06-2013 at 06:00 PM.

What do the red and blue arrows do???

Hi all. What do the red and blue arrows do?

They are used to set the player mentality. The red arrow means the player will play forward attacking. This is good for your strikers and wingers. The blue arrow means they play backward and defensive, great for defenders, huh? No arrow is probably neutral but I'm not very lectured in this.
    FC Krab

It's simply the play style, you could setup red arrows on player's to play offense style, and blue is for defense style. Neutral they play there position role.
    'Sometimes in football you have to score goals.' - Thierry Henry
    'Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.' - Pele

League first in Season 1, 2, 3 // CL Champion Season 2 // Cup Champion Season 2
    Current Season: League Standings 1 // CL in progress // Cup out in 1/4 Finals

I wish that was an option for players "To Come Deep to Get the Ball" and also a way to adjust the pace I play a 433 formation not like it is one of my strikers would come deep to get the ball and one of my midfielders.

Perhaps it's a bit complicated for an online game

I do not use arrows as I don't 100% trust them whenever I try to use them they don't seem to make any difference.

I don't use too many arrows as well, but if you have speedy wingers, might be wise to use red arrows as it at least suggests you be utilizing their speed offensively. Or a red arrow on the ST if you counter with long balls. Blue arrows I never use. I'ld rather play more defensive from the orders menu.

How do you set them?
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I set up (red) arrows to my wingers to help my ST in scoring and a down (blue) arrow to on DC to be careful in defense.
    Then I may switch on-off some of them, depending from the game and score.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast