Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Game engine tweaks - you thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by SimplySimon View Post
    My point wasn't that the stats mean anything - it was what else are we supposed to go on if they are completely meningless? How are you supposed to have an idea of how to improve your chances of winning a game?

How can a team which is on paper much worse than yours dominate the key stats (like number of shots) when you're at home?

Basically, the latest tweaks seem a bit screwed up, which I say as a football person not a game developer
    The point I was trying to make was that not to take the statistics seriously. To be honest, I've played the game for 10 months now (12 seasons), and have never bothered with any stats, (possession, etc,), have never altered my formation or tactics to combat my opponents, and (on the whole), have done reasonably well. (12 successive promotions). I just play the game as a pastime and don't get worked up with anything the game throws at me.
    SimplySimon, magic3 and ppturano like this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

A fault is not the same as a Free Kick.

You can do two foults in the middle of the field.
    You can do a fault in the border of the area, that's a free kick
    You have 3 Faults, but only 1 of the is Free Kick.

The same happends with shots on target.

So I think (better "I wish") that stadistics are working and are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by magic3 View Post
    I know I'm in minority but between my 3 teams, my brother's 5 teams and few other ones I follow, I'm not seeing any issues with recent results or possession. Based on 'how are you doing' thread, I see that I'm in minority. I've watched probably around 500 T11 matches and I can maybe count on one hand the number of games that completely shocked me. Maybe I've just been lucky, idk.

P.S. I have always thought that possession and statistics in general do not mean much in this game so I am never paying too much attention to it to evaluate the game, my team, etc.
    No, you're right in a lot of ways. I've seen very few individual results that shocked me, but the run of results I have experienced has surprised and disappointed me. One of the best teams in all competitions I am in, I have just three wins to show for my team building efforts

In the league, the only teams below me are completely abandoned with few players showing in the team (bottom two), or semi-abandoned with players out of position. I sit eighth and the unbeaten league leaders, almost a full 10Q lower than me, play with an illegal formation

It just doesn't make sense to me

But then perhaps I have become a mouth-foaming, ranting, venting keyboard warrior - albeit with a distinct Britishness

Might be time to retire from the forum and stop taking the game so seriously again. Funny thing is, as I highlighted above, since my first two seasons I've generally noticed that the less time I put into the game, the better my team does
    Last edited by SimplySimon; 07-05-2013 at 06:10 PM.
    werewolf122 likes this.
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    The point I was trying to make was that not to take the statistics seriously. To be honest, I've played the game for 10 months now (12 seasons), and have never bothered with any stats, (possession, etc,), have never altered my formation or tactics to combat my opponents, and (on the whole), have done reasonably well. (12 successive promotions). I just play the game as a pastime and don't get worked up with anything the game throws at me.
    I understand your. But I insist. It's suposed to be a manager, no? This kind of things are suposed to be important.
    Can you do a good work seeing the stadistics or is it useful and it doesn't matter? (Bad point this one).

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by xingular View Post
    A fault is not the same as a Free Kick.

You can do two foults in the middle of the field.
    You can do a fault in the border of the area, that's a free kick
    You have 3 Faults, but only 1 of the is Free Kick.

The same happends with shots on target.

So I think (better "I wish") that stadistics are working and are useful.
    Perhaps in this game it works the way July Fourth said but in real life football you are 100% wrong.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplySimon View Post
    No, you're right in a lot of ways. I've seen very few individual results that shocked me, but the run of results I have experienced has surprised and disappointed me. One of the best teams in all competitions I am in, I have just three wins to show for my team building efforts

In the league, the only teams below me are completely abandoned with few players showing in the team (bottom two), or semi-abandoned with players out of position. I sit eighth and the unbeaten league leaders, almost a full 10Q lower than me, play with an illegal formation

It just doesn't make sense to me
    That sounds bad, I just didn't see it on my end and I will just be happy about that I guess

So this thread seems to be official confirmation that there have been no tweaks to the game engine, which I'm surprised at because it feels so different:

http://forum.topeleven.com/news-anno...op-eleven.html
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

Quote Originally Posted by magic3 View Post
    Perhaps in this game it works the way July Fourth said but in real life football you are 100% wrong.
    No. Foul (association football) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Direct & Indirect.

All are faults. Direct are called too "Free Kicks". Indirect the rest.

Ex: 20 Faults: 13 Free Kicks and 7 Indirects.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by xingular View Post
    No. Foul (association football) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Direct & Indirect.

All are faults. Direct are called too "Free Kicks". Indirect the rest.

Ex: 20 Faults: 13 Free Kicks and 7 Indirects.
    Indirects are free kicks as well and they are rare. You cannot have more fouls than free kicks. You can have more free kicks because of offside for example but not the other way around.

Sometimes you can get a foul but the referee lets play go on by playing advantage.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast