Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Game engine tweaks - you thoughts?

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Sometimes you can get a foul but the referee lets play go on by playing advantage.
    good call, didn't think of that one.

Addicted
    i have lost almost all interest in the game this season after just one week, because of how totally random it has become. Disheartening

Statistics reflects how the match went, being them true or not.

A team which shooted more/more on goal usually is the one who played best, pressure and possession talking.

Point is the engine tweaks over the past season randomized some results.
    I'lltry sum up a few:

1)At the start of 1st and 2nd half you do get ALWAIS a serie of 3 dangerous action (even before being able to check up possession and pressure), which are pre-set by the engine as "warm up". Premitting that it's stupid, and very unfair, that's how it is. What surprised me is that you might get those 3 actions all in your favour, hence produce 3 goal occasions in 1 minute, but then checking at the stats you might see:

a)your shoots/target increase
    b)Despite you producing the actions, your counter stays to 0-1, while the opponent's raises (o.o).

Now, what i've noticed, it's that when the "bug" occurs (b), you're bound to take a goal despite having the chanches or dominating the match. No matter what shows up in the commentary, you'll get the corner kick or the free kick or the long range shoot which will take you down.

2) One on One occasions: I alwais wondered why bother to make SAs for forwards (1vs1) if the engine make them pass the ball abut 9 times out of 10. If this wasn't enough, the passes are alwais or almost alwais distributed to defenders. whenever this happens, the goal is missed and a CK at max is earned.

Here too, it's not only unreal, but it's evident that this is a set cycle by the engine where your chanches of scoring are decreased by giving the ball to a player with low attack statistics. I find hard to believe there is a script "promoting" this, rather than believing there is a script (better call it anti-script) which joins the moment with the pure PURPOSE of decrease the % of scoring made into the calculation of the action by the engine.

3)Formation and orders. I lost count of how many times i played an offenive formation (3-4-1-2, 4-2-2-2, 3-5-2 V...) setting the orders on an offensive way (full pitch, short pass, offensive ment) just to see my team, despite being the better one on field and with the supposedly right counter, suffer at midfield or being able to barely win 1-0 or 2-0 by a corner of free kick.
    On the right opposite side, i saw many teams using very defensive formations (5-3-2, 5-4-1, 5-3-1-1) overpowering the opponents at midfield (with who?) and producing 3,4,5 goals per match.

You call it a simulation? I can bare the fact that moving a ML to a AML might not influence the outcome, as for moving from 2 st to 3 st won't have any effect. If the engine is simple, then it's expected. But here we're talking of starting lineups, and generally about the team's gamestyle.
    It's RIDDICOULOUS that an offensive team will get pressured, and that they won't be able to score lots (or at least have lots of occasions) WHILE it's even more riddicolous that a 5-3-1-1 is able to shoot on goal MORE times than the opponents, and even easily score over 4 goals a match.
    FORMATIONS CHOICHES SHOULD REFLECT THE SIMULATION OF THE MATCH. A defensive play would get pressured but be able to hold up (excluding the goal occasion calculated) near their area, and have few scoring occasions, here too which might lead to score by engine's calculation. An offensive team should hold the plays in their hands, and produces many occasions while being vulnerable to counters.
    SEEING A DEFENSIVE TEAM dominate the field, or scoring by pressuring the opponents is riddicolous.
    [OFC we're intending a situation where the teams are either equal or there is one team stronger by at least 1*]

4) Substitutions: Why bother to give us 3 when you script the engine to raise the rate by 250% every time you end up subs.

This is the lowest Nordeus you can reach. Many times one last sub can move a game, or can clinch an opponent to fixed result, or sub a player which has exahusted its stamina. But atm it's useless as everyone is scared to use his last sub cause 99% there'll be an injury.

many more to come, but i gotta go
    aiureah, tongly45, Ljepoje and 2 others like this.

Addicted
    i didnt know you'd get injured if you use the 3rd sub. never thought abt it

And why Bradford City gets into the Capital One Cup final?
    Last edited by pnr8555; 07-07-2013 at 12:10 PM.

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC

Rookie
    Definitely. I have lost a few games to managers who didnt even play every day and me watching every match at home. If this is a football manager game, MAKE MANAGEMENT COUNT.

And YES! I had put BLUE arrows on all my defenders and what? My striker is one on one and he passed it to my blue arrowed defender instead of any attacking mudfielder i had. TBH id rather have a clever striker who knows who to pass to than a good quality striker. LOL
    Level 2: League runner up, Champions League winner
    Level 1: League Champion

FCB
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post
    4) Substitutions: Why bother to give us 3 when you script the engine to raise the rate by 250% every time you end up subs.

This is the lowest Nordeus you can reach. Many times one last sub can move a game, or can clinch an opponent to fixed result, or sub a player which has exahusted its stamina. But atm it's useless as everyone is scared to use his last sub cause 99% there'll be an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by hullabaloo View Post
    i didnt know you'd get injured if you use the 3rd sub. never thought abt it
    yesterday's match I did sub at 77th minute and it was my 3rd sub and that player injured at 84th minute ...with out any reason ...no comments for tackling , nothing ...
    FCB - Indian Team

Playing form 2013

i agree with you in 2 and 4, it's definitively stupid. Why 3 subtitution make injured ? and a one to one striker often is selfish, he doesn't pass the ball for someone else. Often in this game he has good rating.

point 1: i didn't notice that, but at the end and the first minutes of each half, it happen in real life, i couldn't blame it if it's luck or random, blame it if your team have significatively less goal than other in that periode

point 3fensive formation doesn't mean you dominate the match, either possesion ball. Possesion ball doesn't mean you have more kick more goal. dominate the match doesn't mean you win. But i agree that if you lost more than 2-0 it's rìdikulous. also, a defensive formation win more than 3-0 is rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post
    Statistics reflects how the match went, being them true or not.

A team which shooted more/more on goal usually is the one who played best, pressure and possession talking.

Point is the engine tweaks over the past season randomized some results.
    I'lltry sum up a few:

1)At the start of 1st and 2nd half you do get ALWAIS a serie of 3 dangerous action (even before being able to check up possession and pressure), which are pre-set by the engine as "warm up". Premitting that it's stupid, and very unfair, that's how it is. What surprised me is that you might get those 3 actions all in your favour, hence produce 3 goal occasions in 1 minute, but then checking at the stats you might see:

a)your shoots/target increase
    b)Despite you producing the actions, your counter stays to 0-1, while the opponent's raises (o.o).

Now, what i've noticed, it's that when the "bug" occurs (b), you're bound to take a goal despite having the chanches or dominating the match. No matter what shows up in the commentary, you'll get the corner kick or the free kick or the long range shoot which will take you down.

2) One on One occasions: I alwais wondered why bother to make SAs for forwards (1vs1) if the engine make them pass the ball abut 9 times out of 10. If this wasn't enough, the passes are alwais or almost alwais distributed to defenders. whenever this happens, the goal is missed and a CK at max is earned.

Here too, it's not only unreal, but it's evident that this is a set cycle by the engine where your chanches of scoring are decreased by giving the ball to a player with low attack statistics. I find hard to believe there is a script "promoting" this, rather than believing there is a script (better call it anti-script) which joins the moment with the pure PURPOSE of decrease the % of scoring made into the calculation of the action by the engine.

3)Formation and orders. I lost count of how many times i played an offenive formation (3-4-1-2, 4-2-2-2, 3-5-2 V...) setting the orders on an offensive way (full pitch, short pass, offensive ment) just to see my team, despite being the better one on field and with the supposedly right counter, suffer at midfield or being able to barely win 1-0 or 2-0 by a corner of free kick.
    On the right opposite side, i saw many teams using very defensive formations (5-3-2, 5-4-1, 5-3-1-1) overpowering the opponents at midfield (with who?) and producing 3,4,5 goals per match.

You call it a simulation? I can bare the fact that moving a ML to a AML might not influence the outcome, as for moving from 2 st to 3 st won't have any effect. If the engine is simple, then it's expected. But here we're talking of starting lineups, and generally about the team's gamestyle.
    It's RIDDICOULOUS that an offensive team will get pressured, and that they won't be able to score lots (or at least have lots of occasions) WHILE it's even more riddicolous that a 5-3-1-1 is able to shoot on goal MORE times than the opponents, and even easily score over 4 goals a match.
    FORMATIONS CHOICHES SHOULD REFLECT THE SIMULATION OF THE MATCH. A defensive play would get pressured but be able to hold up (excluding the goal occasion calculated) near their area, and have few scoring occasions, here too which might lead to score by engine's calculation. An offensive team should hold the plays in their hands, and produces many occasions while being vulnerable to counters.
    SEEING A DEFENSIVE TEAM dominate the field, or scoring by pressuring the opponents is riddicolous.
    [OFC we're intending a situation where the teams are either equal or there is one team stronger by at least 1*]

Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

Quote Originally Posted by SimplySimon View Post
    No, you're right in a lot of ways. I've seen very few individual results that shocked me, but the run of results I have experienced has surprised and disappointed me. One of the best teams in all competitions I am in, I have just three wins to show for my team building efforts

In the league, the only teams below me are completely abandoned with few players showing in the team (bottom two), or semi-abandoned with players out of position. I sit eighth and the unbeaten league leaders, almost a full 10Q lower than me, play with an illegal formation

It just doesn't make sense to me

But then perhaps I have become a mouth-foaming, ranting, venting keyboard warrior - albeit with a distinct Britishness

Might be time to retire from the forum and stop taking the game so seriously again. Funny thing is, as I highlighted above, since my first two seasons I've generally noticed that the less time I put into the game, the better my team does
    Cannot agree more with you. I also shared the same experience this seasons. My brother and I had 4 accounts in total. We both felt that we got way better results when we didn't watch the game.

My team also had the best Q in my league. I rotated 22 players ranging from 4-6 stars so that I have full energy before each game. The players' morale always more than 90%. I played counter formation every match. I watched almost every match while my my opponents usually didn't. But all I got are some random results without any rationales or logics.

I also realized that NGE seems to recognize the ways you spend your token on and try to suck ur blood to the most. 1st example: all matches in last season were spread from 5PM to 4AM so I spent some tokens to re-schedule some of the games so that I can watch. Now I realized all my league matches (95% of them thru out the season) were around 2-4AM. 2nd example: I got 2 accounts. Whenever one accounts has more than 40-50 red packs, the team got a lot of injuries (1-2 per day). This has been happening in the last 3 seasons.

If I don't see this season pick up this will be my last.
    Wolf FC

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast