Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Like Tree237Likes

Thread: The Boot Room (new managers zone)

Hi guys I am new here currently in League 3 juz wanna ask how do u guys post ur pic of ur squad here?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    SlickZ I guess you never play with ML/MR? Maybe get a AMR so you can have more ways to play.. and I'd get a good DL/DC I agree totally w/ TypTex
    I did actually change to ML/MR during season 3 & 4. Both seasons i failed to take home a trophy. Lost league both times on goal difference. I struggled to find any real promise. And i was looking to bring in a AMR this season, but Tan Tai , my st, gets 6 form in forward position, but gets 8 form playing AMR, which i have played him in all season.

SO DC/DL with an AMR for next season it is. Thanks for great advice
    TypTex and Cat Harrison like this.
    Season level 6 | Manager level 6

Level One
    League Champion|Cup Preliminary
    Level Two
    League Champion|Cup Runner Up|Champions League Last 16
    Level Three
    League Runner Up|Cup Preliminary|Champions League Last 16
    Level Four
    Level Five
    League Champion|Cup Preliminary|Champions League Last 16
    Level Six
    League Champion|Cup Last 16|Champions League Group Stage

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sng Kwang Peng View Post
    Hi guys I am new here currently in League 3 juz wanna ask how do u guys post ur pic of ur squad here?
    If you play in Facebook there's a little camera icon that puts a pic in your feed that you can save and upload here. I don't use that, I take a screen shot (shift key + Prt Screen) and then open Paint (or any image program) paste it in (Control-V or use menu) select and crop as desired, save.. (I also keep an archive of records of my team on my hard drive) then upload here. Many people use photo hosting sites to paste in the image code, so they have the large picture.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Because of the big number of stuck threads we decide to unstick some threads and keep stuck just the most important threads.

The thread can be found here : http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...click-see.html
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sng Kwang Peng View Post
    After the print-screen & crop method mentioned by Cat, I post my pictures onto a private album on Facebook. After posting, I view the pic, Right-click and copy picture location.

Alex, welcome to the game & forum.
    Since you've come into the game late (2 3rds into the season) I'd hold off on building the Youth Academy until after the start of next season. You'd end up waiting longer for your youth players but they're over hyped tbh but you'll get them at the start of your 3rd season. Better to have them coming the following season as they'll be 1star (5Q) better than if they arrive at the end of the season.

I'd build in this order: Ambulance Cart; Training Ground; small, med, large seats and then only the Stadium.
    DONT build the Stadium straight away, upgrade the seats one at a time as in between each one you'll get the increased attendances. Total build time and cost is the same.
    Repeat the above order if they are not locked (for me interrupting the regeneration of Red and Green packs isnt much of a big deal unless you've got 1 or maybe 2 days to go) But DONT interrupt the Youth Players, build other stuff and try to time it so you can upgrade the academy as soon as you've gotten your new players.
    When those "priority" upgrades are Locked, then I'd upgrade the Pitch & Car Parking before Toilet/snacks/cafe as they dont pay off much compared to extra seats.

What I've realised since buying a couple of "better" young replacements is, if they dont perform as well as your first team, dont play them. Train them hard instead and/or play them in friendlies so they get EVEN better for next season while your "slower" trainers are bringing in the results
    Cat Harrison likes this.

So I am back for quick update since going mia, (though most do not know me ), I suffered some demotivation and stopped watching games after a terrible loss (do not understand how I lost the game).

Anyway quick update on my progress, I am currently sitting with a 4 point cushion on top of the league (much like arsenal), If I win all my games from now on Ill equal my best season (23w-2d-1L) so hoping it goes well, currently 14w-2d-1L.

With the champions league, after a scary start to the group stages with a 2-0 loss away from home and a draw in my 2nd game I clawed myself back into the group by having 4 straight wins. topping my group. From there I haven't looked back and currently have a 4-1 aggregate in the away home game so have a little bit of an advantage when I play my home game tomorrow, so a semi-final is almost on the cards if my team holds their nerves.

With the cup it has been plain sailing till the quarters where I drew 2-2 away from home and at home I held on for a 2-1 win, going through 4-3 on aggregate.

The only thing that has gotten to me this season is the demand on players in my transfer list, I never see a decent player without 3 or more different people bidding on it and with limited tokens I am steering away from 4-5 stars players for now until I build up a small stockpile.

What I foresee though is next season a lot of my players will be past it. Keepers will be both be 3star, my AMR which is the league top scorer at the moment will drop to 3 stars and I am wondering if it is worth grinding him through the season to 4 star again. The issue that arises is that if I need to overhaul my team, I will not have the tokens to bid on replacements.

I hope I haven't bored you guys with my thoughts

All the best with the last 1/3 of the season

Wilderness
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Rookie
    And I thought having 6 STs was way too much, I only have 2 available

Its going to be tough clawing back 3rd place with my injury crisis.

This sucks, and my starting MR suspended to boot

Quote Originally Posted by Zangy View Post
    And I thought having 6 STs was way too much, I only have 2 available

Its going to be tough clawing back 3rd place with my injury crisis.

This sucks, and my starting MR suspended to boot
    7 injuries, 10 low morale players and 4 players in first 11 less than 4 stars, How in the world are you aiming for third?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Pnefc Howarth View Post
    7 injuries, 10 low morale players and 4 players in first 11 less than 4 stars, How in the world are you aiming for third?
    Orange morale is still Good.. I save my boosters and only use them when they reach Poor so I'd use 2 for a full heal.
    I've had players get 7/8 rating while Poor and had low rating players whilst Superb
    Plus I wouldnt waste Morale boosters on injured players and my bench so wouldnt even count them, besides I boosted any Poor rated players once I've set my 1st team and also dipped into my Red boosters to heal 3 with the highest CND (cost me some 40 boosters )

And you're counting <4* players that are only in the 1st team because of the recent injuries
    Last edited by Zangy; 12-11-2013 at 01:18 AM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Rookie
    How do you determine a good striker before purchase? Most strikers I buy are under 20 and have never played a game for the club i buy them from, so for me its a crapshoot.

My first 3 seasons, I had a pretty good striker, I think he netted something like 80 goals in 85 games. In his third season, he netted 21 goals in 21 games in the league with 22 assits, 12 goals in 12 games in CL, and 6 goals in 6 games in Cup. But he was one of the starting players i was given.

Since then ive had numerous strikers come in, but all of them have failed to meet any real goalscoring stride, some start off well, but now have fell away. One netted 9 goals in 3 games, and now has a measly 23 goals in 49 games. Another 20 goals in 40 games. This season I bought a 18yr 5* striker, who hit his 6th star day later, he started well, and his average form is 7.8, but he has a pathetic 7 goals and 3 assists is 30 games. I look at top scorers in the league, and see a 4* 29 year old has 29 goals this season in the league, and none of my strikers have netted more than 10 goals. Im winning my league sure, and need 3 points to secure the title, and have scored 78 goals vs that guys team who has scored 80, but my goals have came from my midfielders and defenders. 17 15 11 respectively.

I have tried everything, switched their sides, played them as one upfront, two upfront, 3 upfront. My goals still come from my midfielders. I have had 8 strikers total since I sold Keehan who was a goal scoring machine ( He was 3 stars at this point ) And all of them have failed to impress, I know next season I wont have the funds to replace my vital area's while also trying to find new strikers.

I dont want to buy a striker who is a scoring machine, but ill get one season out of, and I know most players under 20 wont have played many games.

Im also wondering are scoutlist strikers any good? Sure they have good stars, but can they put the ball in the net ?
    Season level 6 | Manager level 6

Level One
    League Champion|Cup Preliminary
    Level Two
    League Champion|Cup Runner Up|Champions League Last 16
    Level Three
    Level Four
    Level Five
    League Champion|Cup Preliminary|Champions League Last 16
    Level Six