Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Like Tree237Likes

Thread: The Boot Room (new managers zone)

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Strikers are hard to get good ones, but I am curious.. where do you assign their attributes? I usually have their attack 5-10 over defence, with phys/mental above the attack stats.

Here's one I have had forever:The Boot Room (new managers zone)-1.jpg The Boot Room (new managers zone)-2.jpg
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    Strikers are hard to get good ones, but I am curious.. where do you assign their attributes? I usually have their attack 5-10 over defence, with phys/mental above the attack stats.

Here's one I have had forever:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	16365 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	16366
    It's funny how we all do it differently. I usually assign most skill points to 'Attack' (for a ST) and then followed by 'Physical/mental', and never assign defensive points to a ST. How good is your ST? How many goals does he average in a season?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickZ View Post
    How do you determine a good striker before purchase? Most strikers I buy are under 20 and have never played a game for the club i buy them from, so for me its a crapshoot.

My first 3 seasons, I had a pretty good striker, I think he netted something like 80 goals in 85 games. In his third season, he netted 21 goals in 21 games in the league with 22 assits, 12 goals in 12 games in CL, and 6 goals in 6 games in Cup. But he was one of the starting players i was given.

Since then ive had numerous strikers come in, but all of them have failed to meet any real goalscoring stride, some start off well, but now have fell away. One netted 9 goals in 3 games, and now has a measly 23 goals in 49 games. Another 20 goals in 40 games. This season I bought a 18yr 5* striker, who hit his 6th star day later, he started well, and his average form is 7.8, but he has a pathetic 7 goals and 3 assists is 30 games. I look at top scorers in the league, and see a 4* 29 year old has 29 goals this season in the league, and none of my strikers have netted more than 10 goals. Im winning my league sure, and need 3 points to secure the title, and have scored 78 goals vs that guys team who has scored 80, but my goals have came from my midfielders and defenders. 17 15 11 respectively.

I have tried everything, switched their sides, played them as one upfront, two upfront, 3 upfront. My goals still come from my midfielders. I have had 8 strikers total since I sold Keehan who was a goal scoring machine ( He was 3 stars at this point ) And all of them have failed to impress, I know next season I wont have the funds to replace my vital area's while also trying to find new strikers.

I dont want to buy a striker who is a scoring machine, but ill get one season out of, and I know most players under 20 wont have played many games.

Im also wondering are scoutlist strikers any good? Sure they have good stars, but can they put the ball in the net ?
    I had this problem in my earlier days. I try and steer clear of 18yr olds no matter how good their Q is (unless they have a special ability, which is very rare). They have no match practice. Another thing is to try and do your transfers from the Top Eleven full site as apposed to the mobile site. This way you can view player stats before buying. The amount of times I see a player for sale that has lots of bids but his stats suck (2 goals in 28 games) but people do not look. If you play from a mobile you can view stats using a browser such as 'puffin' as it supports the flash needed to view the full site (plus the browser is not viewed as a mobile site, meaning it will always take you to the full web pages) - I think a decent 21yr old plus is good to have in the squad and think about why he is for sale? You want a player that is for sale because his manager has levelled up and no longer requires his services as opposed to a bad player that is being listed because he is poor. Hope this helps and good luck
    Cat Harrison likes this.

I don't know why but young GK and STs don't perform for me, no matter how high their Q is. I always like my GK and my STs to be old around 30....... Maybe it is just a coincidence but it works for me.
    Marc Symons likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Saransh Vatsa View Post
    I don't know why but young GK and STs don't perform for me, no matter how high their Q is. I always like my GK and my STs to be old around 30....... Maybe it is just a coincidence but it works for me.
    Totally agree with you. Although i don't go as high as 30 i always choose established players in vital roles. I like a 23+ in CB, CM, and ST. My girlfriend buys 30+ all the time as she says they perform well and there cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Symons View Post
    Totally agree with you. Although i don't go as high as 30 i always choose established players in vital roles. I like a 23+ in CB, CM, and ST. My girlfriend buys 30+ all the time as she says they perform well and there cheap.
    And for GK I feel one on one stopper is the best. I have had 2 so far out of some 10-12 I must have had in 9 seasons. The 1st one, Anderson , was the best I have ever seen, truly a team legend(no, not 9* legend, then literal legend). The other one is my current one. He too is exceptionally good with at least a couple of saves every match,

Rookie
    The Boot Room (new managers zone)-st1.jpgThe Boot Room (new managers zone)-st2.jpgThe Boot Room (new managers zone)-st3.jpg

These are my two current strikers, the 6* I bought and haven't't added any to defence or phys/mental, since his attack was pretty mediocre. The 5* This is his second season with the club, and i added attack w/ phys/mental. And finally the 3rd striker, he started off well, but hasn't really hit any form this season ( Averages 4-6 ) Last season he averaged 8-9.

And since somebody mentioned GKThe Boot Room (new managers zone)-gk1.jpg

I bought this guy at the end of a season, when he was on sale, he was 19 at the time, his first full season with me was poor, but this season his form has been just outstanding, I may have concede 5 goals in my past 3 games, but before that I had conceded 6 goals in 20 games, and kept 17 clean sheets. I suffered a few suspensions / injuries to my defence during the end of this season so I cant blame my keeper, next year he will goto the bench, but I cant stress how amazing he has been for me.
    Last edited by SlickZ; 12-12-2013 at 10:50 AM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Season level 6 | Manager level 6

Level One
    League Champion|Cup Preliminary
    Level Two
    League Champion|Cup Runner Up|Champions League Last 16
    Level Three
    League Runner Up|Cup Preliminary|Champions League Last 16
    Level Four
    League Runner Up|Cup Preliminary|Champions League Last 16
    Level Five
    League Champion|Cup Preliminary|Champions League Last 16
    Level Six
    League Champion|Cup Last 16|Champions League Group Stage

Well this is my best striker. I only have 2 strikers in my whole squad as i only play 1 up top.
    Neymar

The Boot Room (new managers zone)-untitled.jpg
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Rookie
    Slickz, whats wrong with that GK? He'll be 3* going on to 4. I'd keep him as 1st team and buy a near 6* 18yo GK as back-up. Train him hard so when you feel as though Ruffini isn't up to standard then you might try out this youngster.
    I'm looking for an 18yo GK myself, whats the value of a faster trainer at L4?

And if you're getting as many goals from your midfield as you would from your STs, its as good imo
    My STs are only my 2nd, 4th and 6th highests scorers, but are top 1 & 2 assisters
    But then again, I'm only 3rd place so maybe my standards are much lower

LOL I was going for a 24Q freebie DCR then the guy who's 2nd place in my league with +5Q better than me comes in. He took it to Rnd12 against some other guy. Makes me feel better at only coming up 3rd behind him with his tokens to burn
    He just beat the 1st place guy inflicting his 1st loss of the season and now 1pt behind.
    They've dominated the lge, 18 & 19 above me.
    1st place guy has top 2 goalscorers, 3/5 top assists and 4th & 5th top rated players.
    2nd place guy has top 3 rated players and 3rd place goal scorer.
    Last edited by Zangy; 12-13-2013 at 03:08 PM.

On L4 is 8M more or less.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast