Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: losing interest fast...

Quote Originally Posted by 4am View Post
    They do ... to a degree ... but you seem to be confusing T11 - which is essentially just a free-to-play Facebook app, after all - with something far more grandiose; a full-scale, full-price management simulation like SI' FM, for instance.

I tend to look at T11 as a casual, slightly more advanced version of what used to be know back in the day as 'PBM'. Though I suspect very few (if any) members here have heard of that!
    PBM..I used to love that, holding off going to school to see if the postman brought me a brown envelope!!!! I actually did get excited when that envelope came through the letter box.

The frustrating thing for me is T11 could be a great game, better than the handheld version of FM. I don't think anyone is looking for T11 to be on the same level as the full version of FM, thats impossible but I could give you a list of easy little changes that could be made to make this game better but for whatever reason Nordeus refuse/can't make them and that is the worst thing about this.

You also have to remember just because you take it as a free to play app, alot of people don't, there was a guy on here that said he spent €1000 on this game and that's ridiculous and T11 has cost me more this year than FM has.

Nordeus wouldn't have made this game if it was meant to be a free-to-play app. They are in it to make money.

Rookie
    That's exactly right! this game is anything but a "free to play facebook app". granted, you can play without spending money, but if you want to succeed in this game you will have to watch commercials, try software and so on, and that means you invest time, effort and sometimes money.

If this game was really free to play, you would have a limited amount of tokens and money every season.
    the fact that we had to start our own league with a limited amount of tokens is evidence to that...
    Belgji likes this.

Rookie
    BTW I'm still using my weird tactics and orders, and today I had a game against a much weaker team (more then 20 points lower)
    and I barely managed to win 1:0... could have really gone either way....

Attachment 15643
    Attachment 15644
    Attachment 15645
    Attachment 15646
    Attachment 15647
    Attachment 15648
    Attachment 15649
    Attachment 15650

In 1st leg I was winning 2-0 until he gets two players sent off and out of no where his team managed to draw.

In 2nd leg his DR is actually a DMC and on of his DCs is ML and his goalkeeper saved like 6 free kicks from my best free kicker and he wins the game in extra time.

Please look at the stats.

4am
    Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB79 View Post
    PBM..I used to love that, holding off going to school to see if the postman brought me a brown envelope!!!! I actually did get excited when that envelope came through the letter box.
    Most impressed, BigB!

Nordeus wouldn't have made this game if it was meant to be a free-to-play app. They are in it to make money.
    And good luck to them. None of us work for free, do we?
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Well, a terrible-terrible season (lvl 4) for me so far. An injury a day, weird results against weak teams with weird formations and stuff:
    * 2 star goalkeeper doesn't concede against 5-6 star midfield&attack
    * 2-3 star attackers scoring from range against 5-6 star defence&goalkeeper

Is this game only about the money we spend?! I did and do, but don't see a point in staying in the game any longer.

Sent from my GT-I9100
    itayfranko likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

Just treat this game as a bit of free fun in yr spare time. The game is tosh and
    unrealistic and Nordeus have shown they aren't interested in making the game play better.
    I think most people realise that they aren't going to lift a finger and satisfy the serious
    player, so don't waste time spending money on something that isn't going anywhere.
    Nordeus will happily milk newbies until they realise how poor the product is. My advice
    is not to get worked up about it. Use the game for free. It's a poor game and nothing
    to get stressed over.
    itayfranko and Belgji like this.

Rookie
    a little update....
    after playing a few more games with really terrible tactics, and realizing that the outcome of a game is predetermined and has nothing to do with tactics, I've decided to start playing with an illegal formation to see how that affects the outcome.
    If anyone's interested, I'll keep updating
    Belgji likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by itayfranko View Post
    a little update....
    after playing a few more games with really terrible tactics, and realizing that the outcome of a game is predetermined and has nothing to do with tactics, I've decided to start playing with an illegal formation to see how that affects the outcome.
    If anyone's interested, I'll keep updating
    Have you noticed any patterns when you watch a game or not?

I watched all my games at the start of the season all against weaker opponents and struggled to 6 draws in a row. I then purposely didn't watch my last 3 games all against stronger opponents and I won them easily, 3-0, 4-1 and 6-1!!!
    Belgji likes this.

Rookie
    Have you noticed any patterns when you watch a game or not?

I watched all my games at the start of the season all against weaker opponents and struggled to 6 draws in a row. I then purposely didn't watch my last 3 games all against stronger opponents and I won them easily, 3-0, 4-1 and 6-1!!!
    I always wondered about that, I too had the feeling that when you watch the game somehow your team sucks, and when you don't they seem to play better.
    It's even more annoying to see that you keep struggling against opponents that their manager aren't around...

on another note, It seems that playing with illegal formation really turns the odds against you. I lost heavily while playing a fairly balanced illegal formation.
    so I'm back to testing bad tactics and orders.
    this is what I use currently, needless to say that it should be easily exploited:
    losing interest fast...-tact.jpglosing interest fast...-order.jpg

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast