Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Game engine

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Probably although that is very unlike them.

To be honest im off after today anyway. I only signed up this week to pass the time on a very boring business trip, funnily enough in Canada.

Being brought up in Scotland there is never a day where there isn't an argument about Football. I love them, especially living in Glasgow, it's 24/7 even more so these days with forums and twitter.

I enjoyed our argument, it's been ages since I had one that didn't involve Rangers and Celtic.
    haha yeah caada can be boring, buts that's also a good thing sometimes :P

dude I remember watching this documentary about 2 teams from there.. I think it was the two you just mentioned.. that was the greatest thing I ever saw haha. yup this was a good argument, I've been in tooany arguments lately though I think :P
    Jll02 likes this.
    LIONS FC

Level 10, Season 10

S1- L: 2nd, Cup: 3rd
    S2- L: 2nd, Cup: 3rd, CL: 3rd
    S3- L: 4th, Cup: 2nd round, CL: R16
    S4- L: 1st, Cup: Quarter finals, CL: Quarter finals
    S5- L: 2nd, Cup: Playoffs, CL: Quarter finals
    S6- L: 3rd, Cup: Quarter finals, CL: Quarter finals.
    S7- L: 1st, Cup: Winners, CL: 3rd
    S8- L: 1st, Cup: Runners up, CL: Winners
    S9- L: 1st, Cup: Runners up, CL: R16

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    They have been here because they removed my latest guide I wrote.
    It was a good one. ))
    Belgji likes this.
    Level 1 - League 3rd place (started late, in the season)
    Level 2 - League 2nd place, CL 2nd place (both due to troll results)
    Level 3 - League 1st place, CL 1st place, Cup (lev 6) 3rd place
    Level 4 - League 1st place, CL 1st place

Bought 28 Tokens, referrals 32 Tokens, won 3 Tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by festinator View Post
    haha yeah caada can be boring, buts that's also a good thing sometimes :P

dude I remember watching this documentary about 2 teams from there.. I think it was the two you just mentioned.. that was the greatest thing I ever saw haha. yup this was a good argument, I've been in tooany arguments lately though I think :P
    I meant to say it wasn't boring because of Canada it was the business thats boring. I go on these things and never see much apart from hotels and offices its so boring!

It is crazy in Glasgow and people don't realise just how crazy it is until they go there and experience it.
    festinator likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Saransh Vatsa View Post
    For the ManU point, it did happen. But once this season. For what happened to me, happens to everyone every 2nd day. I am not complaining about losing to weaker teams, her, but the way people lose and the number of times they lose is unbelievably impractical. And please since u answered this cvonvincingly, can u please answer that part of the question which I asked Rayco, did any team losing have 70% possession?????
    And all the points people have this season to support the weaker teams winning is related to ManU. How many other teams are getting trolled??? And how many outside EPL????
    I gave you an example of Crystal Palace vs Everton 27% vs 73%. So yes troll results do happen when you get superior possession. And look at the German league atm. Dortmund loosing to much weaker opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Sully
    To be honest just because Bayern and Dortmund made the champions league final doesn't mean the rest of german football teams are the best in the world. It's like take Barcelona and Real Madrid out of spanish football and what do you left? Even take Rangers and Celtic out of Scottish football and Scottish football would be like the welsh or irish leagues.

Thats what makes the EPL and to a lesser extent serie A such competitive leagues, no club has totally out grown the league.

Bayern, Dortmund, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Rangers and Celtic have all carried the league they are in and if they left their leagues would be a shadow of what they are.
    In reply, saying that is not very accurate. Bayer Leverkusen are 3rd in the Bundesliga and a lot of people would agree they are a good solid team. Athletic Madrid? Your logic hints they are redundant, when in fact they are probably on par with the best teams in the world at the moment.

The Premier League isn't the most competitive, its just the best teams in the league are more inconsistent than their counterparts in other leagues. Please do not mix that up. If Chelsea were as consistent as Barca / Bayern / Roma / Juve / Real. I can assure you they would win the title every single season if people Like Man U / City / Arsenal were as inconsistent as they are now.

The Premier League is a prime example of Top Eleven logic. You can have the best team in your league, but inconsistency will cost you.
    Season level 6 | Manager level 6

Level One
    League Champion|Cup Preliminary
    Level Two
    League Champion|Cup Runner Up|Champions League Last 16
    Level Three
    League Runner Up|Cup Preliminary|Champions League Last 16
    Level Four
    Level Five
    League Champion|Cup Preliminary|Champions League Last 16
    Level Six
    League Champion|Cup Last 16|Champions League Group Stage

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickZ View Post
    I gave you an example of Crystal Palace vs Everton 27% vs 73%. So yes troll results do happen when you get superior possession.
    There was nothing "troll" about that result. Everton simply didn't have enough up top to break down a very well organised Palace defense. Lukaku had an off day, Baines set pieces weren't up to much, and other players couldn't put their chances away, our goalkeeper played a big part in that too. Palace very nearly won it on the counter, although we couldn't score either at that point in the season.

Yes we played like an away team and were happy to concede a lot of the midfield possession, after all we are a much weaker team than Everton, but the tactic almost worked and we had a chance or two to win it. End of the match we celebrated like we won the match, not cause we didn't want to win it, but cause we'd seen our team put in a fantastic battling competitive performance that was worthy of the premiership, and after the few weeks we'd been through we deserved to celebrate that.

The 4 games after the Everton game, Palace only conceded 1 goal, pretty much proving that Everton not scoring against us was not a "Troll / freak" result. But all down to us becoming more used to life in the premiership and being more well organised and competitive in the league. We are still very much favourites to go back down. But we will fight and be competitive til the end of the season. It will not just be Everton that fail to take 3 points away from Selhurst Park this season.
    Saransh Vatsa likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by TypTex View Post
    There was nothing "troll" about that result. Everton simply didn't have enough up top to break down a very well organised Palace defense. Lukaku had an off day, Baines set pieces weren't up to much, and other players couldn't put their chances away, our goalkeeper played a big part in that too. Palace very nearly won it on the counter, although we couldn't score either at that point in the season.

Yes we played like an away team and were happy to concede a lot of the midfield possession, after all we are a much weaker team than Everton, but the tactic almost worked and we had a chance or two to win it. End of the match we celebrated like we won the match, not cause we didn't want to win it, but cause we'd seen our team put in a fantastic battling competitive performance that was worthy of the premiership, and after the few weeks we'd been through we deserved to celebrate that.

The 4 games after the Everton game, Palace only conceded 1 goal, pretty much proving that Everton not scoring against us was not a "Troll / freak" result. But all down to us becoming more used to life in the premiership and being more well organised and competitive in the league. We are still very much favourites to go back down. But we will fight and be competitive til the end of the season. It will not just be Everton that fail to take 3 points away from Selhurst Park this season.
    If you read my earlier post, i admitted im an Everton fan, and openly admitted Palace deserved their 1 point, probably deserved the win if im honest. I gave him a prime example of possession. He said troll results dont happen when you have 70+ possession, Palace are lets be honest one of the smaller clubs in the prem, they don't have any real quality and are bookmakers favorites to go down. Yet they managed to draw with an Everton team who had over 70% possession and who finish in top 7 yearly.

Its not about possession its about what you do with it.

But if your an outsider looking in. Then it appears from stats a troll result

* I don't think its you guys becoming more used to the prem, purely the manager change, whenever a new man comes in, the team in question have a influx of better results but after 15 games, they are back to where they started, short term increase? Yes, long term? No.

Level One
    Level Two
    Level Three
    Level Four
    Level Five
    Level Six

Dreamer
    Palace are lets be honest one of the smaller clubs in the prem, they don't have any real quality and are bookmakers favorites to go down.

* I don't think its you guys becoming more used to the prem, purely the manager change, whenever a new man comes in, the team in question have a influx of better results but after 15 games, they are back to where they started, short term increase? Yes, long term? No.
    The arrogance of some premiership supporters is astounding. Look inwards to your own teams faults before you start slating other teams.

Your sort of talk is a disgrace with nothing to back it up.

No real quality indeed.

Wake up and smell the coffee fella and keep your unknowledgeable bull**** about other clubs to yourself.

If you read my earlier post, i admitted im an Everton fan, and openly admitted Palace deserved their 1 point, probably deserved the win if im honest. I gave him a prime example of possession. He said troll results dont happen when you have 70+ possession, Palace are lets be honest one of the smaller clubs in the prem, they don't have any real quality and are bookmakers favorites to go down. Yet they managed to draw with an Everton team who had over 70% possession and who finish in top 7 yearly.

Its not about possession its about what you do with it.

But if your an outsider looking in. Then it appears from stats a troll result

Teams draw when they have 70% possession. U proved. A rare incident but it did happen. But now tell when in the history of football did a team with 70% possession LOSE 3-0????????? For God's sake that has never happened!!!!!! Never!!!!!!
    I rest my case!!!!!!

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by TypTex View Post
    The arrogance of some premiership supporters is astounding. Look inwards to your own teams faults before you start slating other teams.

Your sort of talk is a disgrace with nothing to back it up.

No real quality indeed.

Wake up and smell the coffee fella and keep your unknowledgeable bull**** about other clubs to yourself.
    UnKnowledgeable? What I said was fact, you are denying bookmakers don't have palace favorites to go down? You even said that yourself.
    Arrogance? I openly admitted Palace deserved their point and even probably the 3 points, arrogance would me saying Palace are pure garbage and didn't deserve a point to which I said neither.

Own team faults? Trust me for Everton I could name so many faults but to state a few : Lack of desire to defeat midtable teams yet desire to play better vs top 5, Lack of ability to make their passes count, in a lot of games they pass for the sake of passing, small squad we don't have anybody on the bench who could come on and make an instant impact, two of our best players this season are loan signings, what are we going to do when they leave? Lack of willingness, whenever we score i always feel in the next 5 minutes the opponent could quite easily go and score a goal, lack of awareness from some players, they play the wrong ball too many times, lack of ability, I like Coleman as a left back, but for an example take the arsenal game, i fail to recall one time when he got a chance to cross did it ever beat the first man. It happened in the Swansea game, far too many times do we get to a good position and fail to cross past the first man.

I could go on but I won't. I accept my clubs many flaws, but it seems you are unable to, Palace are a small side, with a small budget, and will probably go down ( I hope not since me and a couple work colleagues have a bet on the top 5 and bottom 3 each year and Palace aren't in my bottom 3 )

So before you make accusations don't. And the short term improvement is accurate. Look at the stats, a lot of clubs change their manager and at first the results improve over certain games, but then that improvement disappears. You say you conceded so few in so many games, then Newcastle beat you comfortably and from that game it looked like the old Palace again.

But from how you reacted im assuming you have no logic or common sense, so enjoy going back to the championship.

Level One
    Level Two
    Level Three
    Level Four
    Level Five
    Level Six

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Saransh Vatsa View Post
    Teams draw when they have 70% possession. U proved. A rare incident but it did happen. But now tell when in the history of football did a team with 70% possession LOSE 3-0????????? For God's sake that has never happened!!!!!! Never!!!!!!
    I rest my case!!!!!!
    Palace could of won that game 3-0 had they had more composure in front of goal. Its very simple your side passed and dominated the game and failed to take their chances, the other team took their chances. Please stop acting like this is so bad. Shocks happen, you think im happy being beat 2-4 at home when I have 17 shots on target and 2 goals scored? No i am not, my team didn't deserve the win because we couldn't score.

If you dont like these results i have two suggestions

Quit Top Eleven or Accept results happen like they do in real football move on and focus on winning your next game.

Level One
    Level Two
    Level Three
    Level Four
    Level Five
    Level Six