Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by rdsouza View Post
    Promise not to jump all over me as I share my observations and experiences, based on some experimentation.

I believe the Arrows are a "pseudo-positioning" mechanism, which allows for an "invisible" (to opponent) morph of the visible formation. These are NOT to do with mentality (like attacking or defensive) set through team strategy. Example - what may appear to be a 4-1-4-1 formation is actually a 4-3N-2W-1 starting lineup (if the DMC and ML/MR have Red arrows). A counter formation needs to account for the possible positioning of the opposing team. Kinda' explains some of the "Trolls" as well.

As to Red arrows on Strikers - this basically means you want them to play behind the defensive line. Works well especially with Long passing, mixed results with Mixed passing and pretty much a disaster if using Short Passing- especially if the opponent is playing Offside-Trap. You can see this in the stats with the reduced number of shots.

Last but not least - Im convinced that there is some sort of positioning-coding in every player - relating directly to form / game performance. Even in my current team, I have an MR who plays like God-Incarnate if I dont have Arrows on him - Scoring, Tackling, Passing, Crossing - they guy is IN the Zone every game - with form ratings of 7/8 and a few 9s. The minute I load him with a Red Arrow - he appears to disintegrate into someone who just escaped from a looney-farm. Just plays like a moron.
    Exactly what i had thought initially!!!! And i still believe it. Like ND with a red arrow on the DMC and AMC wil behave like 4-3N-3 and can even be effective against the counter of ND, 3N-5-2 V..... So there is a surprise element which u can give ur opponents. U stated it perfect man, i agree with u 100%
    rdsouza likes this.

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

Wanna screw with oppositions mind? , Set a prematch formation that appears to be assymetric , but following the legal formation rules. Watch the attempted counter *LOL* and adjust the formation using the arrows (depends on the player you have of course). I generally employ this against much stronger opponents to give the appearance of an Attacking formation, but with lots of Blue Arrows on the MC/DMC lines and team settings of Hard Defensive / Counter

More than my fair share of success I must say :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Saransh Vatsa View Post
    Exactly what i had thought initially!!!! And i still believe it. Like ND with a red arrow on the DMC and AMC wil behave like 4-3N-3 and can even be effective against the counter of ND, 3N-5-2 V..... So there is a surprise element which u can give ur opponents. U stated it perfect man, i agree with u 100%
    Season 18 : Level 17
    1 Treble, 3 Doubles.
    League: 10 Cups, 4 Shields, 2 Plaques
    Champions: 3 Cups, 3 Shields
    Cup: 2 Cups, 2 Shields

Bring Back the Old Transfer Market (BBtOTM) !!

Oh Yes - Almost forgot. Just to add. Once you figure out which (pseudo)position your player plays best - assign the skill points accordingly - Like for my Schizo-MR Player, initially I had him more attacking, but now have regressed to more defensive in order to facilitate the counter attack strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by rdsouza View Post
    Promise not to jump all over me as I share my observations and experiences, based on some experimentation.

I believe the Arrows are a "pseudo-positioning" mechanism, which allows for an "invisible" (to opponent) morph of the visible formation. These are NOT to do with mentality (like attacking or defensive) set through team strategy. Example - what may appear to be a 4-1-4-1 formation is actually a 4-3N-2W-1 starting lineup (if the DMC and ML/MR have Red arrows). A counter formation needs to account for the possible positioning of the opposing team. Kinda' explains some of the "Trolls" as well.

As to Red arrows on Strikers - this basically means you want them to play behind the defensive line. Works well especially with Long passing, mixed results with Mixed passing and pretty much a disaster if using Short Passing- especially if the opponent is playing Offside-Trap. You can see this in the stats with the reduced number of shots.

Last but not least - Im convinced that there is some sort of positioning-coding in every player - relating directly to form / game performance. Even in my current team, I have an MR who plays like God-Incarnate if I dont have Arrows on him - Scoring, Tackling, Passing, Crossing - they guy is IN the Zone every game - with form ratings of 7/8 and a few 9s. The minute I load him with a Red Arrow - he appears to disintegrate into someone who just escaped from a looney-farm. Just plays like a moron.
    Season 18 : Level 17
    1 Treble, 3 Doubles.
    League: 10 Cups, 4 Shields, 2 Plaques
    Champions: 3 Cups, 3 Shields
    Cup: 2 Cups, 2 Shields

Bring Back the Old Transfer Market (BBtOTM) !!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Meow Odom View Post
    omg we all know that the op question was what does it do on a striker !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I so want an unlike button lol !!!!!!!!
    ummm, the OP mentioned several things and made some incorrect assumptions, with the question about the ST being the last thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum 'beardy' Bamford View Post
    Can some one explain to me the idea of arrows.
    I understand that red will make the player attack more/be used in counter-attacking.
    I understand blue arrows will make the player defend more/be used when being counter-attacked.

It thus makes sense you can't put an arrow on a goal keeper.

But I'm confused as too why you can put a red arrow on a striker?
    What is that going to do?
    so I focused on what I knew according to this: ASK THE DEVS that says this:

Can we have wing positions, would be ahead of AMR and AML to each side of the strikers?

There are multiple ways to define roles in football, and the current one is the one we chose. AMR and AML with arrows set to forward would be the wing positions you are asking for.

I answered the items that I could definately answer, while passing on the one that I couldnt, and that nobody except Nordeus can.

Like it or not, it is what it is, and I give you the facts.

thanks to vinniekrak for the support.

read through that too and was surprised. sure i may be only level 8 and am still considered to be noobish, but not when it comes to computers, gaming, and scripting ;P

technically, no positions were made for L/RF (left/right forwards) so that answer may be a random guesstimation by support. how their script handles a CF with red (and backs with blue) has been gathered through users reporting their experiences. if the script still ad/devance players with arrows SAMs (side attacking mids) should become like SBs (side backs). it doesnt turn them into that position, but more like a hybrid makeshift. they still do roles for their main position, but also do their makeshift position
    lets take SAMs and SBs for example: SAMs still attack, and SBs still defend, but slightly less. sure youll still read SAMs try to whiz around the field, but have you noticed they also defend? its also funny reading backliners go on a frenzy during a counter with blue arrows
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by littledude072 View Post
    read through that too and was surprised. sure i may be only level 8 and am still considered to be noobish, but not when it comes to computers, gaming, and scripting ;P

technically, no positions were made for L/RF (left/right forwards) so that answer may be a random guesstimation by support. how their script handles a CF with red (and backs with blue) has been gathered through users reporting their experiences. if the script still ad/devance players with arrows SAMs (side attacking mids) should become like SBs (side backs). it doesnt turn them into that position, but more like a hybrid makeshift. they still do roles for their main position, but also do their makeshift position
    lets take SAMs and SBs for example: SAMs still attack, and SBs still defend, but slightly less. sure youll still read SAMs try to whiz around the field, but have you noticed they also defend? its also funny reading backliners go on a frenzy during a counter with blue arrows
    the problem with that littledude, is that the commentary is severely lacking in overall content. you notice one AMC with blue arrows defend once and you cant assume he does it all game. the commentary is plain horrible and one of the worst aspects of the game. Hence the competition for the commentary, I believe. The team at nordeus lacks the imaginative skills to do any commentary because they are programmers, not football connoisseurs, and THAT is painfully obvious. need I say that the commentary is repetitive and boring and lacking in any useful information that one could use towards a meaningful substitution or formation/tactic change.

so all that to say that the commentary really doesnt show the effects of arrows. seriously, I have seen my DR in the commentary go up and cross, which is what they should do, and there were no red arrows. I have seen this happen to my DC as well, with no arrows. so they go up and sit in the 18 yard box and walk the ball into the net sometimes and arrows have nothing to do with it. it is just seriously bad programming.

they lost the plot on the arrows.
    Gery Tryenasya likes this.

Pro
    I hate it when my two dc are on blue and in the opp 18 yard area, making passes and scoring

Quote Originally Posted by rastaman70 View Post
    the problem with that littledude, is that the commentary is severely lacking in overall content. you notice one AMC with blue arrows defend once and you cant assume he does it all game. the commentary is plain horrible and one of the worst aspects of the game. Hence the competition for the commentary, I believe. The team at nordeus lacks the imaginative skills to do any commentary because they are programmers, not football connoisseurs, and THAT is painfully obvious. need I say that the commentary is repetitive and boring and lacking in any useful information that one could use towards a meaningful substitution or formation/tactic change.

so all that to say that the commentary really doesnt show the effects of arrows. seriously, I have seen my DR in the commentary go up and cross, which is what they should do, and there were no red arrows. I have seen this happen to my DC as well, with no arrows. so they go up and sit in the 18 yard box and walk the ball into the net sometimes and arrows have nothing to do with it. it is just seriously bad programming.

they lost the plot on the arrows.
    agreed there, but these arent just one offs per match. they happen a lot TBH. set a friendly against an evenly matched team, set your back to blue and your fronts to red, long ball quick counter. usually quick counters start at the wings (where the SAMs might be). why would a S/CB start the counter, and end it with another S/CB?

the QA about arrows sort of hints they do move players. im guessing they forgot they havent added a cap since these things happen fairly often. along with a bunch of other things

that comment about the commentaries made sense. it was suggested once, and it was done within a few days. expect the new update to have 'now added more commentaries' or whatnot
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DiZZee View Post
    I hate it when my two dc are on blue and in the opp 18 yard area, making passes and scoring
    yes i hate it, but at the same time, I love when a defender scores. you **** on them for being out of position but pat them on the back for being adventurous....and tell them not to do it again.

this just brings me to a few things that others have said in the past - they need to publish instructions on how the game works. how can they get away with not doing it? its like giving someone a 10000 piece puzzle of a blue sky and a few barely noticeable clouds, but none of the pieces are edge pieces.

if you provide a supposedly complicated style of game, and a football manager game fits into that category, then you provide instructions on how to play and how to win. They have provided about 25% of the instructions for gameplay but provide no explanation for tactics and other aspects of the game which today, still causes angry debate apparently.

if MDKII leaves, he should send everyone a revealing email or expose the secrets
    Last edited by rastaman70; 03-02-2014 at 10:05 AM.
    satansboss likes this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345