Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Nordeus really needs to explain how some of these results happen.

You are all kidding yourselves if you think formation has that much influence on match results. I've played 2 strikers, 2 attacking wingers, three MC, and three Ds all season. I made it to the cup quarters, won the champions league and second in the league.

If I had to guess, I would say that match results are based on 70% player quality, 20% randomness, 5% game tactics and 5% team formation.

Ok I admit that he went all his chips in with a risky attacking plan but wait a min.......look at other's team quality lol.......He could be fortified with 5-4-1 and still lose thnx to RNG. No???
    Last edited by Spyros; 03-09-2014 at 01:31 AM.
    Panatha FC
    Athens - Greece

League Winner x 8 Champions League Winner x 4 Cup Winner x 2

Counter formations, team's orders explained & more - check my Top Eleven Blog Guide

I've played 12 seasons buddy, I don't mean to sound condescending, but I have tried and tested different formations and they do play a role.

The reason you're getting the odd troll result with that formation is because you're leaving yourself horribly exposed defensively, too much focus on attack.

Even a weaker team, using the right formation could do damage against it, take an MC away, and replace him and a DC with DL/DR, and you'll find yourself with a 4-4-2 Hex, it's much more balanced and you'll also find your attacks more effective as the DL/DR will complement the AML/AMR.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyros View Post
    Ok I admit that he went all his chips in with a risky attacking plan but wait a min.......look at other's team quality lol.......He could be fortified with 5-4-1 and still lose thnx to RNG. No???
    I'd fancy my chances against his formation using the weaker team, and the right tactics
    Last edited by Sxrenity; 03-09-2014 at 01:33 AM.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

"You'll Never Walk Alone."

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

Apprentice
    I think best formation is 4-1-2W-1-2 or 4-1-2N-1-2. Easy switch between middle and flank

I respectfully disagree. I always play best eleven players, regardless of formation (as long as it is legal), and after four seasons I have two league titles, one champions league title, a deep cup run every year, never missed a champions league entry (and have made it passed the group stage every time I've participated), etc. etc. etc.

When I first played top eleven last summer, I tried to live and die by formation strategies....and I faired far worse (4th place league finish year one, third place year 2, missed champions knock out stage, lost early in the cups). I got fed up with the team and waited the three months for my team to reset. Now I just build a high quality team and train players, and results are far better and much much much easier. I just have to deal with random BS results like original post.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Graliex View Post
    You are all kidding yourselves if you think formation has that much influence on match results. I've played 2 strikers, 2 attacking wingers, three MC, and three Ds all season. I made it to the cup quarters, won the champions league and second in the league.

If I had to guess, I would say that match results are based on 70% player quality, 20% randomness, 5% game tactics and 5% team formation.
    Well 5 % team formation influencing the outcome is good enough to land you into a defeat when your team is having a bad day...Small small thing counts in your defeat on a bad day...Team formation, Win Bonus, might be the other team has done match practice before the game...

Is everyone also forgetting he played a man down for 60 min (with no substitution)?

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post
    Well 5 % team formation influencing the game is good enough to land you into a defeat when your team is having a bad day...Small small thing counts in your defeat on a bad day...Team formation, Win Bonus, might be the other team has done match practice before the game...
    You may very well be right, and the point of my rant is that I would very much appreciate if Nordeus explained exactly what variables results were based.

Banned
    Is everyone also forgetting he played a man down for 60 min (with no substitution)?
    This actually contributed to his win...It has been proven that team with 1 or 2 man down are very difficult to defeat...And they generally score after being 1 man down...

This happens more than you realize in real football, obviously you should have the advantage with the extra man, but teams with 10 men usually park the bus and play counters - think Chelsea vs. Barcelona when Terry got sent off, I think they won 3-1 if i remember correctly.

9/10 times a team with 11 men vs. a team of 10 men will win, but there is a factor of randomness there, upsets happen.

Move on, and look towards the new season, and also think about playing around with your formation, using one formation all season will only work for so long - look into counter formations, and don't just rely on team quality otherwise the game might as well be a pay-to-win scenario
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

"You'll Never Walk Alone."

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast