Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: player names

Rookie

player names

well ppl I hav found dat players having names of real football players really play well.in my 2nd team I have an aml named Cristiano Ronaldo who dominated the previous as wel as current season.this season he tops the goals chart with 19 goals,
    tops the assists chart with 11 and tops the ratings chart with 8.54 as on day 11 of the season.

does anyone else experienced it.i hav read sumwere dat people change players name to attract buyers in transfer market but I m not too convinced

On the rare ocassion I have found myself with excess tokens, I like to rename my players.

Depending on that given moment inspiration, I have renamed all my aces to well know players like ronaldo or messie. I have bought recently a hell of one 18 years old striker ready to go scout and I have named him after Chuck Norris. I did it for my own fun because everytime he scores I laugh a lot and maybe at the same time I break my opponent's morale and his will to counter my plan.

Players attract buyers by their young age, excellent stats, excellent performance charts and maybe a special ability they got. Not their names I am afraid. After all I can rename any player I like after I get him, with just a token spent.
    Panatha FC
    Athens - Greece

League Winner x 8 Champions League Winner x 4 Cup Winner x 2

Counter formations, team's orders explained & more - check my Top Eleven Blog Guide

Maybe you can attract a player for the name but... ??? it costs 1 token change name and all... so, I think a experienced manager never see the players for the name, just see the value, age and (me) the differance between wage/value to know if trains well and is good player.
    I had good experiences, and bad, with players that had real names of football players...well... 90% good

Quote Originally Posted by Spyros View Post
    On the rare ocassion I have found myself with excess tokens, I like to rename my players.

Depending on that given moment inspiration, I have renamed all my aces to well know players like ronaldo or messie. I have bought recently a hell of one 18 years old striker ready to go scout and I have named him after Chuck Norris. I did it for my own fun because everytime he scores I laugh a lot and maybe at the same time I break my opponent's morale and his will to counter my plan.

Players attract buyers by their young age, excellent stats, excellent performance charts and maybe a special ability they got. Not their names I am afraid. After all I can rename any player I like after I get him, with just a token spent.
    It works in the lower levels when some new managers don't realise you can re-name players.
    Raykco, Green Lion, khris and 2 others like this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    It works in the lower levels when some new managers don't realise you can re-name players.

The same if you re-name your club name to Nordeus Forth and put a profile pic of Nordeus coropration to go in the market LOL

:'D

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    The same if you re-name your club name to Nordeus Forth and put a profile pic of Nordeus coropration to go in the market LOL

:'D
    Damn !!! This is genius.
    Last edited by Sxrenity; 03-24-2014 at 10:14 AM.
    Panatha FC
    Athens - Greece

League Winner x 8 Champions League Winner x 4 Cup Winner x 2

Counter formations, team's orders explained & more - check my Top Eleven Blog Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Spyros View Post
    Damn !!! This is genius.
    Ya this thing must work... Im gonna try this with afake fb id after wednesday
    Last edited by Sxrenity; 03-24-2014 at 10:14 AM.
    khris likes this.

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

Ya I used to change the names of players to attract lower level noob buyers. It's not a myth, it's a truth.

And about players with real names playing better, it's probably because a lot of managers change names of their best players. So the quality & more or less guaranteed there...
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

I dont think name has nothing to do with the rest, but i had a ST Mamede Ronaldo from season 2 to 5 that has made all the records of the club, in goals scored, assistes, MOM, but that was before i got GUZMÁN and of course in lower levels, were it is pretty easy to win by a lot of goals diference.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

It's going to be interesting when I sell mine lol if your on the same server lol can you resist a player with your name lol ???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast