Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Should there be a limit to how much real money you can spend?

I have no idea about how big difference it is. But i have one token buying friend who's lvl 13. And he has 8 and 9 star quality players against my 5 and 6 stars. We played 2 games - one when he was home team and one when I was at home. I lost both games with only 2-0. So it can't be super big difference eventough i clearly lost. I was expecting a 15-0 or something. And I'm just lvl 2.
    Club: For My Stephanie
    League Champions (Season 5 - Level 5.)
    League Champions (Season 4 - Level 4.)
    Double = League & CL Champions (Season 3 - Level 3.)
    Double = League & CL Champions (Season 2 - Level 2.)
    League Champions (Season 1 - Level 1.)
    SERVER : 86
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...dish-team.html <--- My Team's Showcase.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I suspect that the engine treats the difference differently in Friendlies as opposed to Competition/League games..as in if it had been League, it would have been more lopsided.
    Qambu Yaasi likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Vernersson View Post
    I have no idea about how big difference it is. But i have one token buying friend who's lvl 13. And he has 8 and 9 star quality players against my 5 and 6 stars. We played 2 games - one when he was home team and one when I was at home. I lost both games with only 2-0. So it can't be super big difference eventough i clearly lost. I was expecting a 15-0 or something. And I'm just lvl 2.
    Disclaimer: Purely based on experienced and is not based on a guide found anywhere.

Yup. As Cat rightly mentioned, Friendlies are treated differently than competitive matches. In some friendlies you may even beat the crap out of someone 4-5 levels above you. You can just look at the skill points gained during friendlies and see that the players do not push as hard.

Similar when testing out players, it is impossible to use friendlies as a definitive gauge of how a player would perform in league, cl or cup matches. So take friendlies with a pinch of salt.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Banned
    I was level 1 having a CRAP team and I challenged my friend who was level 24 three times...

I lost 2-0, 4-0, 3-0...

Dreamer
    funny thing happened to me .... I was meeting same token buyers every season but than I decided to tank as i had few business trips scheduled and could not followed the team. They are now 1-2 levels above me, dont meet them and in lower level (my current level) they are not such a teams ..... probably they are but I am not meeting them ! I am just lucky or something but enjoying it more and more
    roni likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrowka View Post
    funny thing happened to me .... I was meeting same token buyers every season but than I decided to tank as i had few business trips scheduled and could not followed the team. They are now 1-2 levels above me, dont meet them and in lower level (my current level) they are not such a teams ..... probably they are but I am not meeting them ! I am just lucky or something but enjoying it more and more
    What a novel concept. Enjoying a game because you are actually the stronger team and winning... I must try that some day...
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hancock View Post
    I keep meeting them in the campions league so I'm never going to win it I got to the final last season only to be beaten by someone who spent loads of money it takes the fun out the game for everyone else who is playing it the decent and proper way building the team from grass roots up that's the whole idea is it?
    well said. token buyers are sad sad people. this is a facebook game, but like all pvp games on facebook it is ruined by the cheats who use money to gain advantage over other players, just to boost their ego or make themselves feel better or cleverer in some way. spending money does not make anyone clever or good at internet games.

i understand game developers are in this for money, but if they are going to allow people to buy tokens , they should put token buyers together in other leagues and cup competitions away from the rest of us so they can hit each other in the pocket and stop thinking they are clever by beating our lower level teams.

as michael says, it takes fun out of the game when we have to play against these token buyers /farmers or whatever they choose to call themselves. to me its just the same as drug cheats in any sport. it is using money to get an advantage over others, and the playing field is not a level one. put coiners in a league with other coiners and let the rest of us have a fair chance

so in answer to the original question, i'd say, put the coiners into their own league and have no limit on what they want to waste on a game. put the rest of us in a league with no option to buy tokens. not that i can see it happening, but no reason why that could not be arranged. players would just need to register their team at the beginning of the season as a token buying team or non token buying, then the limits would be set. if they want to change later at the end of the season, why not.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfutty View Post
    well said. token buyers are sad sad people. this is a facebook game, but like all pvp games on facebook it is ruined by the cheats who use money to gain advantage over other players, just to boost their ego or make themselves feel better or cleverer in some way. spending money does not make anyone clever or good at internet games.

i understand game developers are in this for money, but if they are going to allow people to buy tokens , they should put token buyers together in other leagues and cup competitions away from the rest of us so they can hit each other in the pocket and stop thinking they are clever by beating our lower level teams.

as michael says, it takes fun out of the game when we have to play against these token buyers /farmers or whatever they choose to call themselves. to me its just the same as drug cheats in any sport. it is using money to get an advantage over others, and the playing field is not a level one. put coiners in a league with other coiners and let the rest of us have a fair chance

so in answer to the original question, i'd say, put the coiners into their own league and have no limit on what they want to waste on a game. put the rest of us in a league with no option to buy tokens. not that i can see it happening, but no reason why that could not be arranged. players would just need to register their team at the beginning of the season as a token buying team or non token buying, then the limits would be set. if they want to change later at the end of the season, why not.
    Sorry, but that's spectacularly unfair.

1) Who are you to judge how these people spend their hard-earned money? It's not for me, either, but that doesn't make it wrong for others. I farm my tokens, so spend time rather than real cash, so is that wrong, too? I think not. It's how I choose to spend my time.

2) Why would Nordeus split token buyers from everyone else? Aside from the extra work, why would people buy tokens just to have the same level team as everyone they come up against? The point is to have better players than your opponents. Besides, who do you think they will listen to/favour...people who spend money or people who don't?

3) Is it the same as drug cheating, I ask? Given that drug cheating is illegal, so probably comparable to hacking, I think not. If you have to win to enjoy the game, then you are missing the point of it a little. There are ways to beat token-earners, you just have to spend a bit of time learning about formations and how the game works. It took me 7-8 seasons, I suspect, to learn all the basics and get myself a good knowledge of counter-formations/tactics and the like. I lost a lot in that time, but each defeat taught me something. And I'm only in season 13, so am still learning plenty every season.

Understand that this is a game that is intended to generate revenue for the developers. If it stops doing that, it will cease to exist.

One of my teams is in a server full of asian token buyers.

I Never meet them in LEAGUE and only ocasional i meet them on CL or CUP because of the huge diference in Quality.

Unless you have token buyers as friends, your team Will face similar quality teams, so the system already have quality in consideration.

Everyone is free to spend there money the way there whant.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

Doesn't matter whether its a facebook game, browser game or windows client the internet will always be full of these pointless "waaaaah, you bought success, you cheat, you steal daddy's credit card" and "you leeching no-lifer! You want it all and you want it all paid with my money."

No change here.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast