Thread: Season 37

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    8* is Superstar

9* is LEGEND
    Ok, thanks. Will keep that in mind
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    Doesn't look good does it... This scout buyer is tougher than I thought. I really need the away goal, lose 1-0 and I'm out.
    In the away leg... "Score 2 and you're through"
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

League update:
    FC Kneipenkick grabbed today a 2-0 victory over Gluweh FC from Indonesia, 3rd in table. The away side came with a 3N-1-3W-3, and probably chose defensive mentality, long ball and counter. The match was even as both teams neutralized themselves, but after an hour Kneipenkicks coach decided to react and change the tactics. Now home side started to produce chances, Gluweh made many fouls and as a consequence Kunz and Clemens (direct freekick after a foul) kept Kneipenkick in the race for the title with two late goals. In the league FCK is still one point behind Albion Addicks, who won 2-1 away at FPE La Trico (6th).

Season 37-kneipenkickgluweh.jpg

CL preview:
    In the CL we travel to Slavche FC (3W-3MC-AML-AMC-AMR-ST) later this evening. Thanks to some magical red packs keeper Giordano can participate. Kneipenkicks manager is still unsure, if he should field a 4-5V-1 or a 3W-2N-3W-AMC-1.

Oh.... forgot to mention.... easy 4-0 win in CL today.... opponent is 6 points weaker... glad we got 4 at least...shoulda been more... hate starting at home

Waiting for league match in about an hour fifteen.... a win today at home at we basically seal up 2nd place....
    Chris Rath likes this.
    Newark City

Season 1 - 4th Place.... but hey....

FCP
    Well my matches of the last day.
    Saturday we set ourselves up for semi final CL. After that we sadly had a loss in the league. As the manager wasn't present but out partying he could not make changes during the lost match.

Sunday we took a good step to CUP final with a 2 - 0 victory against a very good team. And we won easy in the league.

Today we had a thougher match than expected in the league but did get the win near the end of the match.
    Our semi final in CL was much easyer than expected and with the 0 - 5 win we should have our ticket to the final in our hands allready.

Season 37-t11.jpg

Champions League Semi-Final Preview

July Fourth 99.9 vs Fc RonnyBonny 92.0 Tonight 9.08pm GMT
    Fc RonnyBonny 92.0 vs July Fourth 99.9 Wednesday 5pm GMT

I've been looking forward to this Semi-Final since the draw came out and to find out we are playing against a active manager who watches all of his games is a rarity on my server it seems, but its the challenge we need and also the challenge we will enjoy, I'm sure that RonnyBonny will be looking to cause a upset, The first leg is very important for us, as we would like a good win and hopefully seal it before the 2nd leg or a slender win here or a failure to win will make us a very tricky away leg, If we arent on our game and they are, Then they can easily turn us over, RonnyBonny play 4-4-1-1 so we will be playing 3N-1-4-2 here to counter this with the option of changing formation if it doesn't work.

There form isnt that great coming into this fixture and they have lost 3 of the last 5 games they have played and are 4th in their league with CL not guaranteed for RonnyBonny next season while we are already Champions, They have a full 5* squad and don't really have any outstanding players that seem to score all the goals as all their goals come spread around the attack and midfielders.

Prediction: July Fourth to win this one with a aggregate score of about 4-1.

Win!

Opposing manager had support from RONPEST.... but it wasn't enough as the good guys held a 2-0 advantage until the 89th, when Essifi picked up an ill-timed yellow (costing me a valuable red pack).... and the free kick was converted...

So the good guys walk away with a 2-1 victory and almost assuredly taked 2nd in the league...

RONPEST early tomorrow....
    July Fourth likes this.
    Newark City

Here's the BIG question.....

I have RONPEST tomorrow morning in what proves to be a meaningless league match.... then in a few days we are VERY likely to meet him in Cup final....

So do I put 2nd string out in an unusual, but not illegal, formation tomorrow.... and then really try to win the Final?

Or should I try to win the league match and then hope for help from other squads?
    July Fourth likes this.
    Newark City

Quote Originally Posted by Kyroshill View Post
    Here's the BIG question.....

I have RONPEST tomorrow morning in what proves to be a meaningless league match.... then in a few days we are VERY likely to meet him in Cup final....

So do I put 2nd string out in an unusual, but not illegal, formation tomorrow.... and then really try to win the Final?

Or should I try to win the league match and then hope for help from other squads?
    Its a toughie really, Since RONPEST are going to win the league and your going to be a good runner-up here, I'd try out a few tactics to see how it goes and switch play around a few times to see what can possibly give you the best chance of beating him in the cup final.

July Fourth 1-0 Fc RonnyBonny Champions League Semi-Final 1st Leg
    July Fourth 99.9 3N-1-4-2 - FC RonnyBonny 92.0 3W-1-4-1-1

I said this could be a tough encounter in the Semi-Finals and it sure was, We went into the game hoping to get a good win and RonnyBonny also would of liked to keep the score low, It's a result that keeps this tie alive and sets up an interesting second leg, We had an early attack which Papaleo broke through the defence of RonnyBonny and Passed it to Zidane and he put it away, RonnyBonny started to concerntrate to pack the midfield by playing a strange 3W-1-4-1-1 for most of the game and we had most of the attacks through Zidane and Papaleo, most of our midfield players didnt get shots on goal, Perhaps Mensah being missing played a key part here but we didn't win any free-kicks so that part of his game wasn't needed, Novotny's corners were all headed away, RonnyBonny should of had an equaliser at the beginning of the second half when Barracade was 1v1 against Murphy and passed it to Berrebat to only eventually be cleared for a corner and we headed the corner to safety, I stuck to 3N-1-4-2 for the game, I thought I would be open to a flank attack if I pushed my midfielders upto a 3N-5-2 V, So I decided to sub both Papaleo and Zidane late in the game with Zhekov and Crawford but it didn't have any effect because my opponent manager reacted and went 3W-1-5-1. The away leg will undoubtably be tough but the clincher for us will be if we can get the away goal.

Goal: Zidane (6) MOTM: Papaleo.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 03-04-2013 at 09:31 PM.
    dv8r likes this.