Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Man-on-Man Marking

5/4 Street of El Manana, 19-2000 Melancholy Hill, Plastic Beach.

Man-on-Man Marking

I always set my team with zonal marking for every match. I want to know if man on man marking is a good system.

When do we use it? What kind of formation suits the marking style?

No one knows. They don't tell.

People just use it in a l-believe basis.

you can use it in defensive position man to man
    with counter attack and long pass
    but it makes ur player very tired quickly

Quote Originally Posted by DamonAlbarn View Post
    I always set my team with zonal marking for every match. I want to know if man on man marking is a good system.

-Man-on-man marking:
    This kind of marking means that every player is assigned an opposing player. They’ll chase that player wherever he goes when defending and only leave his side when attacking. Defenders are assigned to block strikers, defensive midfielders and wingbacks are assigned to block attacking midfielders, midfielders are assigned to block the opponent’s and lastly, strikers are assigned to mark the ocasional attacking defenders.
    For the above reasons, man-on-man marking is only useful if your formation has enough defenders to stop the strikers, enough defensive midfielders to stop the attacking midfielders and so on.
    There is a definite advantage of man-on-man marking over zonal when it comes to intercepting long passes, through balls and specially blocking long shot attempts. The downside is that since only one player is marking, if the opponent manages to dribble or nutmeg past his marker, he’ll be in the clear unless the defender is much faster and catches up.
    Notes: If the opposing strikers are better than your defenders, don’t ever use man-on-man marking. it also works the other way around, if your defenders are better you should probably use it.
    One of the best ways to lower your opponent’s possesion is to use man-on-man marking, as his players will be forced to try to dribble, nutmeg, shoot, cross or pass earlier instead of holding the ball around the zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Zonal is best for most formations and I never use anything else!, if you are using wide formations 3w-1-4-2 or 4-4-2 flat or 4-1-3w-2 etc then mixed or down both flanks focus passing, if your playing 3dcs or a diamond formation then through the middle would be good, attacking or normal, close down own half a must for me!, mixed passing style.
    Red arrows on all midfield and strikers, play offsides, I only use force counter attacks at HT if things are not going well,and I also change formation to 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 and change to hard attacking, oh and hard tackling always.

Skidz, how have you reached those conclusions?

Because I don't see a manual for this game anywhere.

Most things we do, we have no way to prove if or how they work. It's all about belief.
    Last edited by Celtic; 05-19-2014 at 03:58 AM.
    Sully, HULIANO and sincity like this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic View Post
    Skidz, how have you reached those conclusions?

Because I don't see a manual for this game anywhere.

Most things we do, we have no way to prove if or how they work. It's all about belief.
    Right its all about personal belief...If I use a particular setting and it works for me, I will go on praising it and on other hand if some one other uses those setting and looses he will criticize it...

If some one has a tall players and he scores a lot of headers he will say height matters in heading while if some one has a small height player and he scores a lot of headers he will say height does not matters...

Its all about personal belief. And how some particular players have performed for you. My AML scores a lot of goals than my AMR, so I belief that AML scores more goals than AMR and so on many things can be quoted on personal perceptions......
    Celtic, Qambu Yaasi, Skidz and 1 others like this.

Precisely.

5/4 Street of El Manana, 19-2000 Melancholy Hill, Plastic Beach.
    Thanks guys. I always lose to teams with 4-4-2 formation. I thought it'd bring any difference if i changed my marking to man-on-man. Haha i'm currently using skidz's formatiom, 3w-1-4-2. It's almost perfect since i only lost 2 matches. Both of them were using 442 against me

Quote Originally Posted by DamonAlbarn View Post

Play whichever suits you. There is no right or wrong. If zonal works in most your matches, then stick to it. If it aint broke then why fix it?
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast