Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Normal/attacking mentality

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post
    Nice explanation Khris but do you really thing the game goes so deep ???...LoL...
    never say never LOL

About Anna's situation I will go to my usual paper, that say that all is internal proggramming, Usually I have 1 good scorer, ST that scores 1 goal per match or more, and the others ST help but in less intensity.
    Some seasons, maybe 1 of every 4-5 I found a excellent MC that won 1/2 league alone.
    So I will say that maybe you have to take a look to the numbers of your players and start selling this ST that don't do a minium of work, is good to have 1-2 highlight players in wich you can have confidance, that can be the base of the team, and maybe now you don't have these.
    The last player of this type I had was Miroslav Klose, had full of 9-9-9-9-9 in ratings and since the first match when he scored 3 goals and helped me a lot during all his career.
    Now I have to say that I don't have this key player, and I have to use the Quality differance after tanking 4 months, that give me a contribution of different players every match. Without have a super star player that scored 30 goals in the season, I won the league thanks the 13 goals of one, 11, and 10 and less that scorer others.
    If you don't have this constant and unexpected contribution of one or another, you need your star in the team.

hmmmmmmmmmmm defence defence defence !!!!! for me all the time at least for the 1st half with counter !!! keep it tight and play hard however the more I play the more I think its just quality that counts apart from an odd result so seems like Quality, Quality Quality hun

Ps my avatar picture is Rowland !!!!!!!!!!!

4-2-2W-2, hard attacking and force counter attack mixed passing. 113 goals scored in the league and 10 conceded. Level 5. I've always played hard attacking and counter attack I usually batter people. Both my strikers are 1-on-1 SA and my wingers are no SA...both my wingers are my top scorers.
    Anna Martyniec likes this.

It's so great to have so much feedback and various opinions, thank you!
    My main point in this thread was the actual effect of using defensive/normal/attacking mentality. I find it hard to understand how they really work, as I've noticed that using attacking results in the team behaving in a more passive way than when using normal mentality.
    It seems a bit ambiguous if they actually work at all, so I'll take a closer look next season what real effect they bring about.
    All experienced managers - your advice is precious to me, please share some more hints (or divine power)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Martyniec View Post
    My main point in this thread was the actual effect of using defensive/normal/attacking mentality. I find it hard to understand how they really work, as I've noticed that using attacking results in the team behaving in a more passive way than when using normal mentality.
    I don't understand that too, I set my tactic according to experience rather than some logic XD.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123