Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Like Tree252Likes

Thread: Mythbusters of top eleven

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxcatl View Post
    I'm just going to leave this here.

Attachment 75985
    I built my entire team around the premise that height matters. Niko talked me out of it, but quality is high enough currently that it'll be a few seasons before I need replacements. All three St's are at least 193 cm, and all the DC's are at least 190 cm.
    Level 40 Manager

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Gert Funck View Post
    A very vague answer.
    Dude, there can easily be a dozen factors that are included in calculations. Think about in real life, would height be one of the most important factors for determining if a football player is good? Of course not. But does height matter? Sure, in some situations. Is what I'm trying to say vague? Hell no! It's the truth.
    Toxcatl and LeManiaque like this.
    Season 71, Level 61

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    so you are a manager, and you choose the taller defenders

Mythbusters of top eleven-cannavaro.jpg
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Mythbusters of top eleven-1capture.jpgMythbusters of top eleven-2capture.jpgMythbusters of top eleven-3capture.jpgMythbusters of top eleven-4capture.png

And for the millionth time! this is a game not the real thing.. there are some programmed factors based on some programmers logic. Not the logic of every single individual idea of how soccer is suppose to work in real life.

some of these real life logics I share; some I don't .. But nevertheless they can't all be squized down in the one box called the game engine.
    Last edited by Gert Funck; 01-17-2017 at 04:52 PM.
    madflo19 and ibangali like this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

You're missing the point. Height is one minor factor along with many other factors. Sure, taller players may have a height advantage, but what if they are not strong? They would get bullied off the ball by stronger players, even if they are shorter. Or what if they are not fast? Then faster players can run around them. And then, shorter defenders can still succeed if they are brave tacklers, or if they are great jumpers and headers, or if they have great positioning.

I'd say it's wise to have at least one tall defender so you don't get dominated on crosses, but that doesn't mean that tall defenders are automatically OP. There are so many variables within the game.
    DRAGONS SC

THE PERMANENT END

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohen42 View Post
    You're missing the point. Height is one minor factor along with many other factors. Sure, taller players may have a height advantage, but what if they are not strong? They would get bullied off the ball by stronger players, even if they are shorter. Or what if they are not fast? Then faster players can run around them. And then, shorter defenders can still succeed if they are brave tacklers, or if they are great jumpers and headers, or if they have great positioning.

I'd say it's wise to have at least one tall defender so you don't get dominated on crosses, but that doesn't mean that tall defenders are automatically OP. There are so many variables within the game.
    Exactly. This is 2016, where computer speeds are fast. We should not get stuck in the era where each stat affects only one specific aspect of the game.

I know some of you really want to simplify the details of the game in order to understand them, but too bad this is life and not all things are so simplistic.
    Season 71, Level 61

more conspiracy theories

Whenever, I am offered a 79T AM recommendation, the players in that position have a match with 6 rating.
    Be it a GK or ST (never offered anything apart from this).
    from here
    https://forum.topeleven.com/formatio...6-nonsens.html

Season fatigue.

Is this a thing? How seriously it impacts players performance?

I noticed this recently. Some of the teams from the bottom of my league table like to play friendlies with me. I always score crazy amounts of goals in those matches.

But when the match-day comes and we play league fixtures the amount of goals drops noticeably. My players struggle in the attack and so on. The difference is obvious, yet at the start of the season there were more goals too. I always make sure to maintain high level of morale and energy.

How to deal with this season fatigue?
    Last edited by NorthLondonIsRed; 04-23-2017 at 09:11 AM.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    so you are a manager, and you choose the taller defenders

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CANNAVARO.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	76079
    I have one also for that: there was a principle where if you buy a good Turkish player(foreign language) then you have to buy 2 Turkish players, if not , your first Turkish player will be sad and will have a poor rating , not being understood by colleagues ; (Turkish player refers to nationality of that player and was just an example so please don't take as racism)
    missing T11 old form

Season fatigue.
    Is this a thing? How seriously it impacts players performance?
    the general rule (and not a Myth) is
    - in the first days of the new season, might have abnormal results as the team needs some time to play together
    - the third week of the season, is that the fatigue can affect the team (but blue/green boosters cannot help - only rotation)
    - player after power-training, have a hidden fatigue and need a couple of days to rest

and friendlies have different calculations from official games.

I have one also for that: there was a principle where if you buy a good Turkish player(foreign language) then you have to buy 2 Turkish players, if not , your first Turkish player will be sad and will have a poor rating
    lol, never seen that
    NorthLondonIsRed likes this.

Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast