Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: the unrealistic game engine is getting really annoying now

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by hullabaloo View Post
    * My starting lineups avg skill level is 28. Opponents' is 22,3

* He uses 4-5-1 flat. I use the basic counter formation to this, the 3-5-2 (i used 3-5-2 V once he had scored two goals).

* He isn't watching the game, so I have 12% bonus possession as home team.

* The possession for the game was 59-41 to me.

* The shots? 21-10 to HIM. On top of that, he had a massive 16 on target while i had 3. At one point he had 16 on target from 18 shots.

* The result? 3-0 to him. His team was up 0-3 after just 44 minutes.

The weird part? Despite less possession, despite far worse players than mine and despite the fact that I used two counter-formations that always works well against the 4-5-1 flat, he absolutely massacred my team! How is that possible?
    Now i know that worse teams can always beat better teams. But will they crush the better team in terms of chances and goals? Not really.

How often would you see a la liga team not named Real Madrid/valencia/atletico madrid outshoot and slaughter Barcelona? Never. You will see Barca lose and drop points, but not in a fashion similar to this.
    These unrealistic results lately are really getting to me. What's the point in using the best counter-formations and having better players, when the game engine screws you over in a highly unrealistic fashion anyway?

The other day, I used a 4-5-1 V against a 4-4-2. The opponent's avg skill was 20. He won 4-1. Madness.
    It is high time that Nordeus fixes this. I dunno what they did at the end of last season, but ever since the results have been way too unrealistic

look at your players' stat. you will find your problem

* He uses 4-5-1 flat. I use the basic counter formation to this, the 3-5-2 (i used 3-5-2 V once he had scored two goals).

* He isn't watching the game, so I have 12% bonus possession as home team.

* The possession for the game was 59-41 to me.

* The shots? 21-10 to HIM. On top of that, he had a massive 16 on target while i had 3. At one point he had 16 on target from 18 shots.

* The result? 3-0 to him. His team was up 0-3 after just 44 minutes.

The weird part? Despite less possession, despite far worse players than mine and despite the fact that I used two counter-formations that always works well against the 4-5-1 flat, he absolutely massacred my team! How is that possible?
    Now i know that worse teams can always beat better teams. But will they crush the better team in terms of chances and goals? Not really.

How often would you see a la liga team not named Real Madrid/valencia/atletico madrid outshoot and slaughter Barcelona? Never. You will see Barca lose and drop points, but not in a fashion similar to this.
    These unrealistic results lately are really getting to me. What's the point in using the best counter-formations and having better players, when the game engine screws you over in a highly unrealistic fashion anyway?

The other day, I used a 4-5-1 V against a 4-4-2. The opponent's avg skill was 20. He won 4-1. Madness.
    It is high time that Nordeus fixes this. I dunno what they did at the end of last season, but ever since the results have been way too unrealistic
    WHat were team's orders on these 2 matches? Both on the 3-5-2 , the V after and the 4-5-1 V on the second time.

Also, i'd rather 4-5-1 V vs the 4-5-1 flat and 4-1-2-1-2 v the 4-4-2, unless the 4-4-2 was narrow diamond, in which case yeah, 4-5-1 V does it.

Banned

I lost a few times against 4-5-1 flat with 3-5-2 flat and V so I went with 4-1-4-1 motivated and won 4-1 vs higher level manager and better team. I was down 2-1 after first leg at home and needed a miracle win on the road.

I also find the 4-5-1 V hit or miss vs 4-4-2. On the other hand, 4-4-2 narrow diamond gives me consistant wins against 4-4-2.

All this to say: 1) try to use the better counter formation, and 2) not all counter formations work all the time....but some are better than others all the time.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dele Lamu View Post
    look at your players' stat. you will find your problem
    my players' stats are pretty good. One of them is on scout level, and my worst players has better stats than the opponent's best player

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post
    WHat were team's orders on these 2 matches? Both on the 3-5-2 , the V after and the 4-5-1 V on the second time.
    3-5-2 = Normal, mixed passing down both flanks with zonal marking and pressure in own half.
    3-5-2 V = Attacking, mixed passing down both flanks with zonal marking and pressure all over the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    All this to say: 1) try to use the better counter formation, and 2) not all counter formations work all the time....but some are better than others all the time.
    thanks mate! my main point isnt really abt the counters though, but that a much worse team shouldn't be able to absolutely dominated the shot statistics without using a good counter-formation against a much better team - while being dominated in possession

Quote Originally Posted by PricopGeorgeCătălin View Post
    Yes because they needed all the 3 points
    when was this game? and were the other conditions i mentioned met as well?

Guadalajara beat Barcalona 3-1 last year.

So yeah BS like that happens, but it's all a matter of luck. I've beaten stronger teams with my half arse squad with my 2nd best midfielder injured and two defenders. even yesterday someone played me like 5 in the mourning (changed the time of the match so he'll only be spectating) and my team somehow pulled out a win even with my formation not set properly.

But hey it could be worse. *cough* FIFA 12 *cough*

I also had 2 games today against teams I should beat, I controlled the game (60+ percents possession), I shot way more than them towards goal and on target, my players are much better than their players and they still both managed to score a goal in one of their only attacks and I scored one to tie the game up at the last minutes. but I did lose some games against teams much worse than me in past seasons.

so yea it happens, but maybe too much in this game though.

my players' stats are pretty good. One of them is on scout level, and my worst players has better stats than the opponent's best player

3-5-2 = Normal, mixed passing down both flanks with zonal marking and pressure in own half.
    3-5-2 V = Attacking, mixed passing down both flanks with zonal marking and pressure all over the pitch.

thanks mate! my main point isnt really abt the counters though, but that a much worse team shouldn't be able to absolutely dominated the shot statistics without using a good counter-formation against a much better team - while being dominated in possession

when was this game? and were the other conditions i mentioned met as well?
    When facing whole filled midfields, if you don't plan to pressure to the most, it's alwais better to use long passing along with red arrows on the pitch zones you want to use. In your case, if the opponent played defensive, own half, long passages, counter on then that explains perfectly why you held ball possession while you lost and had less shoots then him. Also, i would alwais use ams for Ms since they do break offside trap. If you need a M that much, all you do is put blue arrows to those AMs. From what i see your team attacked many times trying to break the pitched midfield, while they took the occasion for a counter to score.

If you plan on possession and have more quality, more people, and overall better pressure on midfield, alwais use SHORT passing instead of mixed or long.

As for the 4-4-2 issue, 4-1-2-1-2 is its natural born killer.

Hey Man City lost once and draw once against QPR. Liverpool lost in the FA cup against a very sketchy team. Arsenal got ousted from the FA cup at home by a second div team. And we can go on so yeah soccer is not always predictable if it was we would all be making money every day by betting on soccer!
    Season 1: DOUBLE! League and Cup Winner
    Season 2: DOUBLE! League and CL Winner
    Season 3: DOUBLE! League and Cup Winner
    Season 4: DOUBLE! League and CL Winner
    Season 5: League Winner
    Season 6: TREMBLE! League, Cup and CL Winner
    Season 7: League Winner
    Campioana unei mari iubiri! HAI CRAIOVA!!!

I just draw 1-1 with an opponent with quality 21 and mine is 38.

i like the new game engine because it symbolize that football is played by heart...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast