Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Uneven playing field

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfyan View Post
    Both ideas suggested were good, even with a few minutes thinking some ideas came up. Basically reading from Niks post the highest level teams are stuck in a loop of success due to being too OP because there is a lack of opposition for them so they win their title and other domestic competitions very easily. They will then get even more powerful next season yet again because they are either stuck in the same league but will have access to their level market of players making them again even more powerful. It bores and frustrates us teams who are a level below having to face these sort of team because of a glass ceiling placed on them due to the lack of people. It also may bore the top managers because they are winning with no effort being made which is not their fault since Nordeus broken system put everyone in this position.

Basically we SHOULD NOT be suffering because of the lack of ideas or even effort by Nordeus to even sort this problem. The suggestions of combining those top level teams into one server is a good idea. The question is whether Nordeus would actually go and sort this issue out because it will cost them time and money to do so is probably another topic to discuss.

One thing we probably can do at the moment is to manage a different team by dropping down some levels. But like many managers out there that would mean ditching the team we built with our very hands, laying our foundations with the team and the history and achievements that we had with them will be gone.
    why don't just totally randomly draw from +/- 1 LV in the grouping LV (like LV 1-3, L 4-6, L 7-9)? so that the gap in between is only max at 2 LV... (and that will be already a large gap in between and even in the highest LV, you are not sure win as in the same LV some may strong than you...) .... now is 4-5 LV.... how many Q in different ?? i can tell... i had one time in CUP...even if my team is 9 star... max out in my LV.... my opposite team's Q was still higher than me.... tell me how to play??

now is a really unfair draw~~ but T11 is not care, like i say, no matter how long and how many complain this is UNFAIR, they do nothing!!
    but look at the free video thing, they said many complain, so that they want to MAKE IT FAIR, so they limited the video right away!!!
    Alfyan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Ash View Post
    HairDryer, the problem with this is that it's still likely to get teams with high quality in the amateur league. Which would result in the same problem for the teams with lesser quality.
    exactly i agree with you. its the same now. bt higher quality would want a play in higher league premier (pro league) then lower division. win bonus different depending on league they choose or token like asst fa. higher league higher pay out.
    higher quality team with competetive manager would wanna upgrade themselve to higher league rather winning amature season after season.
    lvl 1-3 same set up start from lvl 4 you choose you league.
    as i understand we are playing the same thing from lvl 1 to 50 different only in level or oppo, you promote or you dont
    my suggestion is to make it more intresting and more competetive.
    dont know if it work just a suggestion.✌
    Last edited by HairDryer; 08-02-2016 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    There are servers who have teams and can "build" a league of level 52-53 but most lack of many teams.
    The Cup and the CH.L. draw is starting from the top of the server (the higher q/level teams) and going down , making competitions of 132 teams.
    If there aren't enough teams in a (poor) server, a Cup or a CH.L. can have
    (example)
    10 teams lv 48
    30 teams lv 47
    35 teams lv 46
    40 teams lv 45
    ----------------
    =115
    + 17 teams from lv 44 +132 teams

So, those teams from lv 44 can see some other teams with 5*-6* as 9*-10* players.
    one solution is to re-organize the servers, gather many teams from levels above 46 in specific servers so the competitions to have similar levels (this happened before about 1,5-2 years I think).
    With the introduction af associations, where the team level doesnt matter and the quality is based on relative for the team on their own level, the same method could be used in CHL (and CUP).

This would totally eliminate the problem with getting fair CHL groups in the high levels. It could also eliminate the issue with facing teams 3 levels above in CUP, if when playing these teams, if it was their relative strength on their level.

To illustrate:
    4 teams in a CHL group, all are 5* teams (99%) on their own level. Teams are from levels 44-47 (one from each level).

In the current setup, the level 44 team would see opponents with quality of 119%, 139% and 159% (6*, 7* and 8*) because the teams are from a higher level.
    When using the same method as in associations, where the team level doesnt have an effect, all teams would see each other as 5* teams (99%).

When it is difficult too get enough teams to make a full fair CHL (all from same level), then using the relative quality for the teams level, it would level the playing field again.

I hope the developers will use this in the future, in both CHL and CUP - and maybe league - to make the playing field even, and removing the advantage a higher level team have against a lower.
    Alfyan likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    With the introduction af associations, where the team level doesnt matter and the quality is based on relative for the team on their own level, the same method could be used in CHL (and CUP).
    a similar proposition was written about the cup.
    But there is a major problem.
    Those features (stars independent from the levels) are from new version.
    The old version isn't compatible with that (so we can't play asc. games with the old game).
    So this can be only if they stop the old version.
    But with this, many players would stop playing the game.
    Some of them because they don't like the old version and the others because they don't have the hardware to play with the new one.
    It's a RAM eater, with connection problems so people who don't have systems with at least 4 GB RAM and excellent internet connection cannot follow the game.
    With Unity , I don't believe things can improve a lot in the future.
    So, would they risk to loose 1/3 , 1/4 of all the players of the game at once ?
    I don't think so.
    Bunzo and HairDryer like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

The old version isn't compatible with that (so we can't play asc. games with the old game).
    Some of them because they don't like the old version and the others because they don't have the hardware to play with the new one.
    It's a RAM eater, with connection problems so people who don't have systems with at least 4 GB RAM and excellent internet connection cannot follow the game.
    I don't think so.
    Well, ironically those exact people will inevitably come across the situation stated in the OP and quit because of that regardless lol; its just delaying the inevitable. Who would want to play a game if they can't give you a level playing field? You can't say you are competing fairly, its like everyone in your competition is allowed to dope to get an advantage while you are permanently handicapped for seasons on end.

Off-topic.. I still use the old-version because the new one is not compatible with my browser and I tried all the troubleshoot that was suggested already but to no avail. Also I found that I can actually play the players loaned to me through associations on the old version browser

Addicted
    I don't think so.
    but then they should not use the term "fair" for limiting the video free pack!!! if they are not fixing the "unfair" CUP!!
    just tell us " we want $$, that why we limited the video free pack" --> this i still can accept ~
    but now, they are saying "it is because we make it fair" ---> this is a LIE when this action compare to the unfair CUP they know for a long time, we complain for a lot for long time too!!!

and don't you notice??? if we are talking about the unfair CUP, moi (or other has power) never (or 95% won't) come in to reply!!!
    but if now you are complain about the limiting the video free pack, they come in and say "make it fair" and even close the topic (they close the last topic that has lots of discussion about the video limit) .... this is like, what the hack?

This is about the honest !!
    Last edited by Ahlony Wong; 08-03-2016 at 09:32 PM.
    John Bednar likes this.

Rookie
    it will never, ever, be fair in this game. there will always be some sort of unevenness in the game. the cup in the last several seasons, has been odd...ok, i get that you are put into the cup draw with teams around your squad %...and im good with that. now, it seems like im being pitted against 8* teams right off the bat. maybe they went and spent money to upgrade their team? or did they do some readjusting to the cup draw?

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    @Ahlony Wong
    but then they should not use the term "fair" for limiting the video free pack!!! if they are not fixing the "unfair" CUP!!
    farming packs it's a different case (and rather out of topic). It doesn't help the issue of this thread.
    A player (from a higher lv) who has that advantage is unbeaten and it's useless for a player from a lower level.

I think that Cup is in their mind but it's many things to do and it's not so easy to fix them all together.

@John Bednar
    it will never, ever, be fair in this game. there will always be some sort of unevenness in the game
    real football isn't fair, life isn't fair but we demand from TE to be fair - lol

@Alfyan
    Well, ironically those exact people will inevitably come across the situation stated in the OP and quit because of that regardless lol; its just delaying the inevitable.
    well, some things it's just a matter of numbers.
    I don't know how many managers playing in higher levels and how many of them are token spenders (good customers ).
    Nord guys, count the numbers, the profit and the loss some changes (or not) can cause.
    Suppose higher level players don't have much consuming power.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Addicted
    @Ahlony Wong

farming packs it's a different case (and rather out of topic). It doesn't help the issue of this thread.
    A player (from a higher lv) who has that advantage is unbeaten and it's useless for a player from a lower level.

I think that Cup is in their mind but it's many things to do and it's not so easy to fix them all together.

@John Bednar

real football isn't fair, life isn't fair but we demand from TE to be fair - lol

@Alfyan

well, some things it's just a matter of numbers.
    I don't know how many managers playing in higher levels and how many of them are token spenders (good customers ).
    Nord guys, count the numbers, the profit and the loss some changes (or not) can cause.
    Suppose higher level players don't have much consuming power.
    don't you understand the point??

they said many complain for the video, that's why they lower the limit and make it "fair"

but at the same time, we have many also complaining the UNFAIR cup draw, but they don't even do anything!!!

this argument can only be solve if staff from nordeus could explain difficulty and problem they facing. mod is just doing their best.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast