View Poll Results: How would you rate your experience with the forum?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

2 6.67%
  • Very good

8 26.67%
  • Good, but can improve

18 60.00%
  • Worse than expected

1 3.33%
  • Negative

1 3.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL: Forum feedback requested

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    In your threads, administrating things up!

Question OFFICIAL: Forum feedback requested

Hey Everyone,

We've been meaning to ask you all what you think of the forum in its current state?

- How easy is navigation around the place for you? e.g. Are there too many sub-forums?

- Are you able to find the necessary information about your questions before you open a thread for your query?

- How about the engagement from staff and moderators? We already touched up on the subject in a different thread but please feel more than welcome to share your thoughts once more!

- And, of course, what do you think and feel about the visual design of the forum? Any improvements you would like to see in this aspect?

- If you could change anything about the forum... what would it be?

If we come up with any additional questions as the thread goes, I will add them under an "UPDATE" line.

Furthermore I am adding a poll to the thread with some specific options to get some hard numbers as well! Everyone looooves numbers.

Overall I believe that it's not only important to get the numbers but to have a conversation and engage with the people and their thoughts/opinions, thus both a poll and open questions have been included.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Is really nice to see somebody asking about the forum and trying to do something but we need action because for to long forum was left alone by official staff of Nordeus.

I would ask to some questions and add something else:

- How easy is navigation around the place for you? e.g. Are there too many sub-forums?

For me the old format was much better, now we have just to many sub forums, way to many. For example on football I don't think is necessary to have 4 sub-forums, one forum is more then enough, create a sticky thread where you can link the most important threads and that's it, is also pretty much same for the rest.

- Are you able to find the necessary information about your questions before you open a thread for your query?

Technically yes but I guess here is just up to people, they just open a new thread for their needs because is much easier but also to many sub-forums can affect your chances to find the info that you need.

- How about the engagement from staff and moderators? We already touched up on the subject in a different thread but please feel more than welcome to share your thoughts once more!

I will start with the forum moderators (regular players who manage the forum). I think we got at a level where we know pretty much everything and nothing at the same time. In order for us to offer a better help we should be trained more often because just as them we are regular players and sometimes when new changes are coming we pretty much don't know what to say. Otherwise everything is quite OK but expect moderating we can't do very much. Personal I think moderators could do way more for the forum but for that we need a much better communication with the official staff.

Administrators, who are them? Without being rude from the position of a regular player (well not really my case), even an regular forum user have no idea who are the administrators because the activity of admins is basically almost 0. Recently was some activity from 1 admin but there where very long periods of time, talking about full months when nobody said a word. Pretty much only the admins have the real power to change the forum activity. We also need answers from the developers from time to time.

- And, of course, what do you think and feel about the visual design of the forum? Any improvements you would like to see in this aspect?

On a forum is more about content quality I assume so the visual design at the moment is OK. I guess there is place for better but I am happy even with this one.

I would ask the administrators to be more active, create more contests and promote more the forum.

Thanks for opening this thread and I really hope something will start to change here....
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Let me approve the thread^^

And pricop and myself.

Now yes, everybody see the thread, so guys feel free to give your opinion and suggest.
    Last edited by khris; 09-03-2016 at 10:23 PM.

Addicted
    Great moderators and great administrators! Thank you all! You deserve 1,000 tokens for each :-)

I only wish that I could filter out al the subfora that are not English
    Gert Funck likes this.
    WZAWZDB!

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    In your threads, administrating things up!
    Hmm, 100 views but only 4 replies.

Well... I my self am for promotions as this will definitely help with forum attentiveness AND may very well spread the word that we *gasp* have an official forum!

More and more people will keep coming back to check up on things and may find threads, or open such, that are in accordance to their interests.

Not promising anything here, just my own two cents on the topic. (The topic I wrote lol)

Rookie
    I'm very new here but since you want feedback, I can give it a go

Considering I was extremely active these days and I haven't seen this thread, I'd say there's a problem.
    There are 3 buttons that do pretty much the same thing (What's New, New Posts and Today's Posts) but none of them do what I'm looking for (only list the English threads)
    Search options seem to be fine and I mostly find what I'm looking for. Also adding pictures to posts is easy and nice.

Mostly yes, there are also some good stickied posts with links to other stuff.

There are a few who are constantly online and helpful. I noticed a few moderators who haven't logged in for a while.
    If you use the option of moderating new members/content, please have it high in the list of priorities, as from first hand experience, it can be a long wait when you see your thread not showing up yet despite several moderators being online.

Visually it looks nice, but functionally it could be better. I have a big monitor and right now the actual forum only covers at most 30% of the screen. I'm also typing in a very small box, while there's all this unused space around it (seems like I can only drag it down, instead of to the sides)
    I'm also not a fan of signatures with large photos (there could be a pixel limit)

Easy access to recent posts from English subforum (maybe there's already a way and I don't know it)

Thank you and I hope I wasn't too harsh, people here are nice and are doing a great job.

Dreamer
    Yeah, I was going to reply to this. Then I forgot.

Looking at the Top Eleven English Forum only, I don't think there are too many sub-forums. I think they all fulfill a purpose. I do however tend to miss out on Announcements and just discovered yesterday there's a Discuss Football section as well . I don't think I will use that a lot. The reason I come here is to gain info on the game.

That's a bit hard. One reason is that the search function doesn't work great. For example, searching for a specific formation (eg. 4-1-4-1) doesn't yield any results. But it's not easy to phrase the right question anyway. I think a lot of new topics are being opened because people can't find what they're looking for, and that's another reason. A lot of new topics are being opened, a great deal of them concerning the same issues ("why did my players lose a star?"). Useful topics will drop quickly to page 2 or 3 and will be hard to find again. More moderation on that would be nice, but then we'd have to have a place to point people to (FAQ or other useful topics).

- How about the engagement from staff and moderators?

I think the mod's are doing great but maybe could do more (see above). Lately there's been some involmement by some admins (you and Moi), which I think is a great development.

No opinion, it's fine by me.

Less topics and a little more organized by stricter moderation.

Famous
    [QUOTE=Duncton;420388 For example, searching for a specific formation (eg. 4-1-4-1) doesn't yield any results. But it's not easy to phrase the right question anyway.[/QUOTE]

It's true that lots of searches must be for specific formations.
    1) A tag function could improve finding formation-specific content
    2) A lot of formation discussion is very dated, cleaning up the stickies and updating content would help.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    A lot of new topics are being opened, a great deal of them concerning the same issues ("why did my players lose a star?").
    or about my cup opponent/ why I lost from that team/ is he a cheater ...
    I agree that general discussion is a little chaotic.
    But if threads with the same subject like
    cup opponent/ why I lost from that team/ is he a cheater/...
    if would be merged, this would help or maybe could make them too chaotic, with 50 pages each.

If General discussion had 10 (for example) sub categories ?
    like games/players/cup/CH.L/info/records ...
    osos4ever, Jeeves and HairDryer like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast